Life Guard

LIFE GUARD

Today is the most boring day of my 19-year-old life.

Let me elaborate further what has made me conclude such.

Here I am at the beach sitting on a small wooden chair-as always-on a rather high place where I could see mostly everyone at the beach.

Some children were building sandcastles, some were playing with a plastic beach ball. There were ladies who were playing beach volleyball. Unfortunately, there weren’t a lot of people swimming.

Well, why am I here at the beach?

The reason.

I’m a life guard.

Yes, a lifeguard.

You must be thinking that it isn’t practical for a girl to be diving in the ferocious waves and currents of the vicious waters. And truth be told, it isn’t practical. But practicality be damned.

I loved this job.

I loved how the sun glimmered overhead and how the hot breeze lingered on my slightly tan skin, but was somehow decreased by the shirt I wore.

Although the sun wasn’t perfectly overhead me-for a gigantic green umbrella had served as a partial eclipse-I still loved the fact that I knew that the sun was there.

But today was certainly not the most intriguing day of my life.Unfortunately No one had drowned.

You must think of me as a sadistic moron who loves to see others in pain.
Actually, I’m not that bad.

I just want someone to drive me towards the majestic waters. And I wanted it so badly. I wanted to dive in the cool water and feel the adrenaline of saving someone’s lives.

I slowly took a sip of my coke-which was so close to evaporating-and mentally noted to bring more coke next time.

A pair of binoculars were hanging on my neck, I checked every now and then if there was anyone who was in sudden danger of drowning.

I didn’t need sunglasses, a lifeguard wouldn’t need those girly things.

And I certainly didn’t need those things.

I sighed, depressed that there was no reason for me to at least get close to the water.

What good would being a lifeguard be if you wouldn’t set foot on the water?

I seriously loved the water and it was annoying that I had to adore it from afar.

Sighing heavily, I hoped that someone would do something.

And someone caught my gaze.

I quickly grabbed my binoculars. Why was I suddenly interested?

I hadn’t the slightest idea.

That someone was a guythat looked like a girl .

And he was on the water.

And then, something weird happened, he suddenly began to…

Drown.

I jumped on my feet and threw the binoculars to the ground.

Quickly, I yanked off my shirt and sprinted towards the alluring water.

I was-and still am- a fast runner.

I dived to he guy and grabbed his arm-not roughly- and slowly brought him to the shore. And I instantly checked his pulse.

He was alive, thank goodness.

But he lacked air.

And so I proceeded with CPR 101.
The chest thingy thing. Yeah, I suck at explaining things.

Moving on.
I had realized that drowning boy was gorgeous.

Though he looked like a girl, he was very handsome.

The only thing left to do was to give him mouth to mouth resuscitation.

I quickly yet delicately placed my lips upon him and my hands pulled his jaw a bit lower.

And then I blew air to his mouth.

When I heard him cough, I released him and stood up.

He opened his eyes, revealing his soft delicate and beautiful chocolate eyes.

He stared at me for a moment.

Breaking the silence, I asked him if he was alright.

He nodded, but his eyes were still wide as if he had seen a ghost or something like that.

I ignored his gaze, but then his voice filled my ears.

“Th-thanks.” he said.

"Summer Clearwater, you are?" I asked staring at him.

"Bill...Bill Kaulitz"
♠ ♠ ♠
Author’s weird and random thoughts: Okay, I have no idea if this would pass as a oneshot. It’s horrible, I know. I hope to add some chapters or at least make it a twoshot or so and so. Thanks for reading. Subscribe or comment.