Sequel: Worth Waiting For

It's A Roller Coaster Ride We're On

Time to Roll

Image

“Mel! I don’t know what to pack!” Lauren shouted from her bedroom right next to mine, pounding on the wall causing me to laugh.

“Laur, we’re going on tour for eight months. We’ll be in all kinds of climates. Bring almost everything.” I said, folding more clothes and distributing them throughout my three suitcases and one duffel bag.

“Listen, honey, in case you haven’t comprehended this yet, we’re going to be living with the Jonas Brothers.” She said, leaning against my doorframe having abandoned her packing.

“Yes, I understand that.” I said, laughing.

“Well, did it occur to you that they are three of the best dressed young men in the world?” she asked. I cocked my head to the side and thought about it. “Therefore, I believe that we will acquire almost an entirely new wardrobe… each.”

“Each?” I asked, placing the shirt I was about to fold back on my bed.

Each.” She said smirking, placing a hand on her hip. I started rifling through my bag and pulling out clothes I didn’t think I’d need or I thought too ugly.

****

“Ladies,” Joe said, bowing as I opened the door to our apartment. He walked in, winking at me and sat on the couch. Kevin and Nick followed, smiling at me. Nick gave a slight wave and I closed the door.

“Lauren, the boys are here!” I called to her.

“One minute!” she shouted back.

“So this is where you two live, huh?” Joe asked, looking around.

“The very place,” I said, sitting in my favorite chair. “Lauren’s uncle, a.k.a. our boss, paid the first few months rent on it for us but now we take care of everything.”

“You guys sure have it good for two 20 year olds.” Kevin said.

“Look who’s talking.” I said, scoffing.

“I think what he means is, you two made it without being celebrities. You’re very gifted in what you do and work hard to get to where you are now.” Nick said as Kevin nodded. “It’s really amazing actually.”

“What’s amazing?” Lauren asked, lugging her suitcases out.

“We are.” I said.

“Oh, well we already knew that.”

“Of course,” Kevin said. “You all set?”

“Yeah,” she said. “Let’s roll!”

“Here, let us help you.” Nick said, reaching for one of my bags. He picked it up and gave me a questioning gaze. “It feels empty.”

“So does this one.” Joe said, picking up another of my bags.

“That’s because Sherlock over there deduced that in our eight months living with you, we would accumulate new wardrobes.” I said, pointing at Lauren.

“Hence three empty suitcases and one full one each.” She said, slinging her laptop case over her shoulder.

“And our equipment of course,” I said, grabbing my very large camera bag.

“Very smart,” Kevin said, smiling at Lauren. “Alright, let’s go.” He said, grabbing two of her empty bags and heading to the door.

****

When we got outside, there was the infamous Jonas Brothers tour bus. It was huge! Kevin Sr. and the bus driver came out to store our empty bags in the under carriage. While they were doing that, the five of us climbed on.

“So this is where you boys live, huh?” I asked, mimicking Joe as I looked around.

“Yes it is… well for tour anyway. Our house is much nicer.” He said, heading towards the hallway. Denise and Frankie smiled and waved at us as we walked. “And, it doesn’t move.”

“Oh geez,” Nick said, as Lauren and I laughed.

“So where do we sleep?” Lauren asked.

“Here on the bunks.” Kevin said, pulling open a curtain showing us the bunk hallway. There were ten bunks.

“That’s a lot of bunks.” She said.

“Well, instead of the back being a bedroom, it’s a recording studio and a hangout spot for us.” Nick said. “So there are four empty bunks so you can choose whichever one you want.”

“Here’s your stuff.” Kevin said, getting our suitcases down the hallway to us. “You can unpack now or later, it doesn’t matter. We’ll be in the front lounge.” He said, pointing over his shoulder.

“Okay, I think we’ll unpack now.” I said, grabbing my suitcase and pulling it to an empty bunk. I picked it up and placed it on the bed and started to unpack while Lauren did the same and the boys walked out, closing the curtain behind them.

“This is so awesome.” She said, unpacking her suitcase. “When do you think we should start interviewing?”

“How about tomorrow, let’s just settle in today. I’ll probably be taking pictures though.” I said, opening up my camera case and lifting my camera out.

“Yes, do. Take as many pictures as possible throughout this whole time. Not just of the boys but of the family… the band and fans too of course.”

“Well, duh.” I said, rolling my eyes at her. She stuck her tongue out and we walked out to the front lounge. Kevin Sr. and the bus driver had come back on and the driver was starting the bus. Here we go.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 2! Because you guys gave such a quick response to chapter 1... four comments in less than 2 hours! Yay!

Chapter 3 coming tomorrow maybe?

~Steph<3