Sequel: Worth Waiting For

It's A Roller Coaster Ride We're On

Fun and Games

Image

It was now the beginning of March and we were now in New Mexico after having gone through Arizona. The boys were playing at a state fair today. After they perform the people running the fair are going to keep it open late for us so we can have the fun without the fans.

Lauren and I were sitting in our hotel room. I was going through pictures, yet again. It’s amazing how many pictures one person can take in three weeks time. Lauren was sitting on her bed going through interviews she’d already done with Denise, Kevin Sr., Frankie, and the band. We have yet to interview and photograph the boys.

“Ready to go to Denise and Kevin Sr.’s room for lunch?” she asked, shutting down her laptop.

“Yeah, let’s go.” I said, turning mine off as well and grabbing my camera. We’re heading straight to the fairground once we’re done with lunch. We walked down the hallway to their room and knocked on the door.

“Come in!” Denise called. “Hello girls,” she said, smiling at us.

“We’re the first ones here again aren’t we?” Lauren asked, sitting next to Frankie on the couch, ruffling his hair.

“Of course,” she said. “Room service will be here before the boys.”

“Most likely,” I said laughing. Then there was a knock on the door. “I’ll get it.” I walked over to the door to reveal the band. “John Taylor!” I exclaimed, causing him to laugh.

“Hey Mel,” he said, walking in and giving me a one armed hug.

“Hey guys,” I said to the other three hugging them as well as they walked in.

“Where are Papa J and Rob?” Garbo asked, situating himself at the kitchenette counter.

“With the boys of course, hopefully they’ll be here soon.” Denise said, sitting down at the table where I joined her. Not five minutes later the door burst open revealing Joe standing with his hands on his hips.

“Not to fear! Super Joe is here!” he exclaimed bounding into the room with a cheesy grin on his face. I snapped a picture.

“That is so going in the book,” I said, looking at the photo.

“Let me see. I have to approve first.” He said walking over. He stood behind me placing his hands on the table, one on either side of me; trapping me in my seat. Damn he smells good.

“Actually, you have no say,” I said, showing him the picture anyway.

“Hey, Kev, Nick, want to see how much of a goof your brother is?” I asked, looking towards them. Kevin came over to look.

“He’s standing right there though.” Nick said, sounding a bit bitter.

“Nicholas…” Denise said in a warning tone. He just looked down at his feet and went to talk to Garbo. My face fell and I looked at Denise. Joe and Kevin soon lost interest in the picture and went to talk to the band.

“Denise,” I whispered, “Can I talk to you later, when the boys are performing?”

“Of course,” she said smiling. She reached across the table to place her hand on top of mine and gave it a pat. “I think I know exactly what you want to talk about.”

****

The performance had barely started when Denise came by my side. She was so quiet I hadn’t noticed she joined me until she cleared her throat causing me to jump a bit.

“Oh my goodness Denise, you startled me.” I said, placing my hand over my heart.

“I’m sorry,” she said, laughing. “So, you ready to talk?”

“Yes, please,” I said, nodding my head. She then led me over to a pair of stools and we sat down. “So, I think you know what my problem is.”

“Two of my boys seem to like you and you have no idea what to do.” She said, nodding her head.

“Yes, I really don’t know what to do. They’re both so wonderful but I don’t want to jeopardize the progress of the book by starting something and having it possibly turn into disaster.”

“You won’t know unless you try.” She said.

“I know, I know but…”

“Nicholas is so young,” she said, noticing the apprehension.

“Exactly,” I said, nodding.

“Well, he may only be sixteen, but I think we both know that that doesn’t mean anything.”

“That’s so true,” I said, agreeing with her. “But then again, I feel a deep connection with both of them. It’s like, jolts of electricity run through my body whenever either one touches me. I hate that I may have to choose between them. If I choose one, I hurt the other.”

“Not necessarily. My boys are stronger than you may think. They know how to handle things.”

“I don’t doubt that. Not in the least bit. But that’s just how I feel. I know that even if they don’t show it, they’ll still be hurt, deep down.”

“Melissa, honey, stop worrying about my boys. Worry about yourself, your feelings. Listen to your heart, sooner or later, you’ll know what’s right.” She said, putting her hand on my shoulder. “Now, let’s talk about Lauren and Kevin.” She said grinning.

****

“Guys, that was amazing!” Lauren exclaimed as the boys ran off stage breathing heavily and smiling.

“Thanks!” Kevin said, beaming at her.

“Alright boys, go clean up, the managers are closing down the park as we speak so you can all hang out and have fun.” Denise said, smiling proudly at her boys.

“Yes! See you in a few,” Joe said, running out to the bus and waving.

****

“Can we get hugs now?” Joe asked, stepping off the bus, Nick and Kevin following him. Lauren looked over at me and grinned.

“Nah, not tonight.” She said, linking her arm through mine and we turned to walk away.

“What?” they all asked. It was our tradition after all. Lauren and I stopped walking and turned around.

“Fine,” I said, letting out a huff.

“If we must,” Lauren said, rolling her eyes. All three then ran over and tangled us in a five way hug.

“Geez guys, way to crush us,” I gasped.

“Sorry,” they all said backing away. I noticed… Kevin kept his arm around Lauren’s waist and Nick’s arm was still around my shoulder.

“So… uh, what shall we do?”

“I’m going to go play some games. Win you two some prizes.” Joe said, smiling at us. “Frankie, want to come?”

“Yeah!” Frankie called, running with Joe to the games.

“Want to go to the Fun House?” Kevin asked.

“Maybe later… I kind of want to go on the Ferris wheel first.” I said.

“I’ll go with you,” Nick said, smiling down at me.

“Okay well, we’re going to the Fun House. Bump into you later.” Lauren said, walking away. She linked arms with Kevin and they walked away talking.

“Let’s go,” Nick said, keeping his arm around my shoulders and leading me to the Ferris wheel. “So, Kevin and Lauren…”

“I think it’s great. She seems so happy.”

“Yeah, Kevin really likes her.”

“I think the feelings mutual.” I said, laughing as we took our seats next to each other on the Ferris wheel.

****

Lauren’s POV

“Kevin! Look in this mirror. I look like a midget!” I exclaimed, waving him over.

“A very cute midget.” He said, standing behind me. “Laur…”

“Yeah?” I asked, turning to face him.

“Laur, I like you. These past few weeks have been so fun and we have so much in common.” He said.

“Yeah, it’s kind of eerie actually.” I said laughing.

“Lauren, do you understand what I’m saying?” he asked nervously, stepping even closer.

“I think I do.” I said, walking even closer. We were pretty much face to face.

No more words were spoken. It was like we were thinking the same thing. I placed my hands on his chest. One of his hands went to my waist, the other to my cheek, softly caressing it. I closed my eyes and almost instantly, his lips were on mine, kissing me softly.

“You know Kev I think I understand everything you say. Spoken or not.” I said, moving my arms around his neck.

“I’m glad.” He said softly, keeping the one hand on my cheek and the other around my waist. “So, do you want to tell everyone?”

“I think they’re already expecting it.” I said, laughing.

****

“So, are you enjoying tour?” Nick asked as we looked below at the lit up fairgrounds.

“I love it. Who knew you guys were so fun to hang out with.” I joked, nudging him in the side.

“Hey! You’d probably have even more fun if you didn’t have your camera in front of your face all the time.” He said, laughing.

“Hey now, this isn’t just my work we’re talking about here, it’s my passion in life.”

“I was only kidding!” he said, putting his hands up defensively. “Okay, new subject...”

“Good… oh I know… are you working on anything new?” I asked, turning to look at him.

“Hmm,” he said, scrunching his face in thought. “The only reason for light,” he started to sing, “To dance through her eyes, and shine in her hair, and all I’d need to hear, her thoughts, oh when she thinks in lyrics.”

“Wow,” I said softly, “Nick, that sounds awesome. Have you talked to your brothers about it?”

“Not yet, I’m still working on it.”

“What was your inspiration?”

“Oh, so you’re taking over for Lauren’s job now?” he asked.

“No! I’m just curious.” I said laughing.

“Okay okay, well… the inspiration was a girl…”

“A new girl in your life or an old girl?” I asked, grinning.

“New girl… she’s pretty rad.” He said, looking at his hands and smiling. That only caused me to smile.

“Do I know this new girl?”

“Maybe…” he said, shrugging his shoulders.

“Maybe?” I asked. I could feel butterflies rising in my stomach. Am I really starting to feel for him?

“Yeah, maybe…”

“Okay, I give up Nick. Be mysterious.” I said laughing.

“Thank you,” he said, laughing as well and I rolled my eyes.

****

Nick and I met up with Joe and Frankie after our ride on the Ferris wheel; going on the bumper cars with them. Joe had his arms full of stuffed animals.

“Geez Joe,” Nick said, laughing at the sight of his brother.

“These are all for you Lyss.” Joe said.

“And these are all for Lauren,” Frankie said, showing me his armful of toys.

“These will never all fit on the bus!” I shouted.

“Sure they will. We might have to store them underneath though.” Joe said. “So, bumper cars?”

“You know it!” I shouted.

****

The four of us met up at the bus with Denise and Kevin Sr.

“Are Kevin and Lauren back yet?” I asked.

“No, not yet,” Denise said. “Oh, there they are.”

I turned to look. They were holding hands and laughing. Then, Kevin leaned down and pecked Lauren on the cheek.

“Finally!” Denise and I shouted at the same time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I know I said I wouldn't post another chapter tonight unles the Jonas Brothers won the Grammy and they didn't. But, jamonae1 convinced me to with her lovely comment and only because I decided their performance with the legendary Stevie Wonder was indescribable amazing. KICK ASS! Wow, if you didn't see it I'm sure it will be on youtube later.

The lyrics that Nick sings to Melissa here were written by my darling friend Kristen. she has helped me so much with all of my stories, she is the inspiration for my 'supporting female roles' so she is Lauren in this story. She will show up in When You Looke Me In The Eyes and she is the lead in my story Australia which I may start posting soon. I'm not sure when...

Anyway I hope you all enjoy this. I am NOT posting anything tomorrow. For this story at least. If I do post something it will be for WYLMITE or possibly Australia or Can't Have You.

Thank you so much for alt he love!

Comment/Rate/Subscribe =]

~Steph <3