‹ Prequel: You Belong With Me

All I want For Christmas is You

Hanging By A Moment

Matt decided against going back downstairs to finish his dinner and sat with me. We talked about our favorite memories of when we were kids.
We were laughing as I told him my memory of the first time we played soccer together. I kicked the ball and it flew into his groin. He fell to the ground screaming, and I didn’t understand why he was overreacting. My dad had to come out and explain that guys were a little more sensitive… there.
I grabbed our scrapbook off my bookshelf. And grabbed some stickers and glitter paint.
“Remember that time in eighth grade? When you started going through puberty? And I kicked you in the chest with a soccer ball?” He laughed, “That was so funny.”
I stuck my tongue out at him, “That HURT you dork! How can it be funny if it HURT?”
He stuck his tongue out at me and blew a raspberry.
“EEWW!” I screamed, jumping up from the bed and wiping the spit from my face, “Matt! You’re soo dumb!” I exclaimed.
He jumped from the bed and grabbed my wrists to pin them down at my sides. He began to kiss me wetly all over my face.
“Noo.” I giggled, “Nooo!”
There was a knock at the door, “Who is it?” I asked giggling.
“It’s mee!” A happy sing-song voice replied.
Matt gave me a questioning look.
It’s Kailey! I mouthed at him.
I went over to the door and pulled it open. Kailey stood there, Carrie and Lindsay were behind her, holding bags.
“I was wondering if I could sleep in your room, oh favorite cousin of mine?” Kailey asked, her voice sugar-coated.
“Oh, we had the futon in the office all set up for you.” I said.
“Yes, I know. I just like to sleep in a bed, in a nice room.”
I sighed, “Okay.” I sighed, “I’ll get the air mattress for myself.”
“Oh, no. Taylor. I don’t like sharing a room.” She smiled evilly.
Grrr.
“Fine.” I snapped as I grabbed my pillow and teddy bear from my bed, “I’ll sleep on the futon.”
“Thank you!” She sang. I rolled my eyes. Matt helped me by taking the quilt that my grandma had made me.
“Oh, did Grandma Aurora make that for you?” Kailey asked. Grandma Aurora was our moms’ mom.
“Yeah. Why?” I asked.
She smiled, “Oh, she just makes me one every Christmas and birthday. I have dozens!” She laughed.
I grit my teeth together and stormed out of the room.
“Taylor, wait. Taylor!” Matt was jogging after me as I stormed down the hallway towards the office.
I dropped all my bedding on the folded futon than turned to face Matt, “She always has to be better than me.” I said, a tear slipping down my cheek.
He kissed my forehead and wiped away my tears with his thumb, “She may TRY to be better than you, but she’ll never be better than you.” He whispered, pressing his nose to mine.
“She likes you.” I sniffed.
He rolled his eyes, “Yeah, so? She’s not even pretty. I swear Taylor. Your sisters, they’re almost as gorgeous as you. You can TELL you’re related to them. Kailey, she’s just… hideous.”
I sniffed, trying not to smile, “You do realize you’re the first person who’s ever said that.” I said as I buried my face in his chest, inhaling his scent.
“I don’t get it.” He said, shaking his head, “What do people see in her? Looks aren’t everything.”
I looked up, “And why did you like Stephenie?” I teased.
He playfully hit the top of my head. I stuck my tongue out at him.
“Don’t let her work her charm on you.” I sighed, putting my head on his chest.
“You mean her curse?” He asked. I smiled to myself.
“Yeah. That.” I said, “You Belong to me, bud.” I teased, kissing him quickly on the lips.

Desperate for changing
Starving for truth
I'm closer to where I started
Chasing after you
I'm falling even more in love with you
Letting go of all I've held onto
I'm standing here until you make me move
I'm hanging by a moment here with you

Forgetting all I'm lacking
Completely incomplete
I'll take your invitation
You take all of me now...

I'm falling even more in love with you
Letting go of all I've held onto
I'm standing here until you make me move
I'm hanging by a moment here with you
I'm living for the only thing I know
I'm running and not quite sure where to go
And I don't know what I'm diving into
Just hanging by a moment here with you


~Hanging by A Moment by Lifehouse
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy! I really like this chapter :)

Anyway, I got those five comments I asked for pretty quickly! Think you can do the same with ten (Yes, I'm turning into that mean author who bribes people)