Basket Case Love

The Only Way I Feel Fine...

________TWO WEEKS LATER__________

"You PROMISED Gerard!!" Mikey screamed from the top of the stairs.

"Look, Mikes, I know!" Gerard snapped.

"..But Gee, this is the third time this week!" Mikey said.

"Look, I just wanna sleep, OK?"

"Fine Gerard Arthur Way, but don't come cryin' to me later!" Mikey snapped as he left the door way.

Gerard sighed, he couldn't believe he just snapped at his brother.

"Man. Mikey...I'm sorry.." He mumbled.

He fell on his bed.

"Great...I'm out of my mind...and my brother hates me!"

The pain killers for his jaw were screwing him up. He had done a load of booze in the past two weeks.

He had skipped school twice, he said he was 'sick' as an excuse. He threw on some random boxers and a t shirt and put in a CD. The screaming music seemed quiet to him. He was out of his mind, but didn't care. He thought to himself that he should be locked up;

__________________________________________________________________

Mikey paced around his room, he couldn't believe his brother, his OWN brother, had done something so bad. Mikey had caught him once, and didn't think anything of it.

Ya know...I should apologize to Gee, he thought to himself.

He made his way to his brother's room.

'Hey, Gee?" Mikey called.

"I'm sorry I yelled at you.."

"It's OK," A voice whispered.

Mikey made his way down the dark stairs. He reached the bed and got a good look at Gerard.

"I deserved to be yelled at...you were right all along Mikey."

"Its OK Gee," Mikey said.

All the remaining color in Gerard's face suddenly drained.

"Gee?" Mikey asked, looking worried..

Gerard bolted for the bathroom and puked up everything.

"Crud..."

"Oh, geez...Gerard..." Mikey mumured, standing behind his brother. "You're lucky mom and dad are gone, or they would flip. I've been lying to them Gee...when you are so out of your mind, I tell them that you're just sick. I lied to them Gee!!"

"Shut it, Mikey," Gerard snapped. "T...the only time I feel fine is when I am sprawled out in my room, out of my right mind!!" He screamed the last part.

"How flippin messed are you Gee?!"

"I'm like..a kite..I'm as high as a kite!!" He grinned. Gerard's face paled again and he turned away from his brother and continued hurling. He got some of it in his hair, and Mikey just stood there, shamed.

The doorbell rang and Mikey went to get it.

"Hi, is Gerard here?"

"Uh..yeah, he's in the bathroom puking."

"Oh, ok.."

Billie Joe made his way to the bathroom and found Gerard on the floor.

"Geez, Gerard, its like you have food poisoning or something.."

"..or something is more like it..." Gerard choked out. He vomited again.

"What the heck have you been eating?! Nails?!"

"No...more like drinking.."

"Drinking?"

Shoot, Gee! You went too far! Gerard mentally gasped.

"N...Nothing!"

"Come on Gerard, please don't lie to me!"

"Fine!! I'll tell you all, I'm just a freak anyway!"

"Ok, shoot."

"After I got out of the hospital I needed to reset my mind, so I had a few beers, and from there onward, I am either puking, sleeping, or getting out of my right miknd with booze!!"

Gerard finshed, breathing heavily, and passed out.

"Come on, Gee, lets just get you to bed."

Mikey and Billie Joe took Gerard to his room, and stripped him of his vomit and booze soaked clothes. They woke him up for a minute so he could get changed, then he zonked out again.

"Man, Mikey. I thought he was just sick...I didn't know it was this bad!"

"Yes, well, you are going to hate me for this, but I've been lying to cover Gee's mistakes. I've told our parents that he is just really sick and would get better soon, but now...I think its gone too far..."
♠ ♠ ♠
soooo kiddies....whaddya think?