Basket Case Love

Wake Up! The Party's Over!

Gerard was feeling like absolute crap. He was going through serious withdrawls, and it sucked.

The nurses had gotten all the alcohol and drugs out of his body, he had slept for a few hours, and the medicine for his pain from the withdrawls were being administrated by a needle. Gerard hated needles, they made him feel sick.

He stared down at his right arm an saw an IV hooked in. He looked away as bile rose in his throat.

"Yikes, needles.." He mumbled.

A nurse came in and told him it was time for his therapy session again.

He was wheeled down to the office and Helena was sitting behind her desk.

"Hi Gerard. How are you today?" She asked.

"LIke, shit," He mumbled.

"Why?"

"The withdrawls suck, detox sucks, and I really want a shot of vodka right now!" He snapped.

"Oh, I'm sorry," She whispered. "Gerard, we can't give you vodka or anything, that's the whole reason you are here."

Suddenly Gerard's mood changed. He looked like he was going to burst into tears any minute. His lower lip was quivering, like a three-year-old. He started thinking about his brother and Billie Joe, and his parents.

"H-H..Helena...I-I don't..don't wanna be here," He whispered, stray tears falling from his eyes.

"Gerard, it's OK, you'll be OK," She whispered. Helena had gotten used to people having breakdowns during thier sessions. Somehow this one seemed different, there was a huge amount of pain in this one. She wasn't sure what was going on, but it was her job to find out, one step at a time.

"...but...I-I don't belong here..." He sobbed. "I...I should be somewhere else...at.. school. I miss Billie Joe, my brother, my parents, and I just want to graduate!"

Gerard suddenly started to hyperventilate. His chest was falling and rising rapidly.

"G...Gerard?!" Helena gasped. "Oh. shoot."

She looked around franticly and thought of ways to calm him down.

"H..Helena...h..help...me!" He choked out as his breathing got worse.

Helena finally decided on soothing him until he calmed down. Gerard's chest was rising and falling more calmly, and Helena just sat there relieved.

The raven-haired boy looked at her, "I..I don't feel so good..."

His eyes widened as he gripped Helena's shirt. She looked at him worriedly, "Gerard?"

"I think I'm gunna puke, I think I'm gunna puke, I think I'm gunna puke..." He repeated.

A soft moan escaped him, and Helena looked at him, "Gerard?"

"...Yeah?"

She took the trash can and held it under Gerard's nose. He started puking and cringed as the sound of his own vomit hit the bottom of the trash can. He was like that for about twenty minutes, and it was well past the end of his session. He took a huge gulp of air, as if he hadn't breathed in weeks. The smell was getting to him too, he turned away as his stomach gave a particurally strong lurch. He put a hand on it, as to stop it from doing so many backflips.

"Stupid withdrawls..." He groaned. He stood up shakily and made his way to his room. He flopped down on the bed, and closed his eyes.

Man, my head is pounding...and my stomach hurts like a bitch, He thought as he rested a hand on his stomach. He rolled over, causing his already sick stomach to flip again.

I'd better get to bed, he thought as he drifted off.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woot, hows it going ? Thankl you for all the comments and subscribers!!! <333 Rinni