Basket Case Love

Lifeline

Billie Joe walked into Gerard's room. Things with Gerard had been going badly, Gerard was getting loaded, and Billie Joe watched in sadness as Gerard did this to himself. He was even loaded today.

"Gee?"

"Lemme alone..." He mumbled.

"No, Gee. This needs to stop."

"Whut?"

"I think you know."

Gerard stayed silent.

"Gerard, if you keep doing this to yourself..well...maybe we should end it..."

"You..you're breaking up with me?" Gerard gasped, tears in his eyes.

"Shh, Gee...listen. If you keep drinking yourself into oblivian then yes, I might break up with you."

Billie Joe watched as a stray tear slid down Gerard's face.

"Aww, come on Gee, don't cry."

Gerard was sniffling.

"Gerard, you have to make a choice, me or the booze, I'm sorry," Billie Joe whispered, hugging Gerard and walking upstairs.

*************************************************************************************************

Gerard sat on his bed, stray tears falling every now and then.

Mikey was getting worried, he hadn't seen Gerard all day. Gerard had been staying in his room. He walked downstairs to Gerard's room.

"Gee?"

"He...he's breaking up with...me..."

"Who?"

"B..Billie Joe..."

"Aw, Gerard...shh..."

Mikey hugged Gerard who sobbed into his shoulder.

"Why?"

"He...He s...said..th..that if..I chose...th..the booze..he..he'd break up with me!" Gerard sobbed.

Mikey sat by Gerard, wiping away his tears.

"Well, maybe this is his way of telling you that you need to stop..."

"Y..Yea, you're right...I'm sorry Mikes."

Gerard wiped his eyes and stood up.

"Thank you Mikes."

"You're welcome Gee."
♠ ♠ ♠
Awwwwwww, that was SOOOOOOO sad!