Basket Case Love

"Gerard? Are You OK?"

Billie Joe walked out of lunch thinkng that the day couldn't get any better...and he was wrong.
He walked to the boys' bathroom and heard someone puking. He opened the stall and found Gerard on the floor.

"Gerard? Are you OK?" He whisperd pulling Gerard's jet black long hair from his face.

"Ugh, dammit, why are you here with me?" He gasped. "M...most people just leave me..."

"Look, I know we just met Gerard, but...I, I have started to feel uh, attracted to you.." Billie Joe stumbled awkwardly over his words.

Billie made a move to help Gerard up and Gerard pushed his hand away, nearly puking all over Billie Joe.

"Ugh...this...sucks.." Gerard gasped between heaves.

"Gerard, I'm taking you to the nurse."

"Oh, you...you don't have to do that.."

Gerard heaved again and Billie Joe noticed some yellow bile mixed in.

"Hey, Gerard, do you think you can walk to the nurse, or do you want me to help you?" Billie Joe whispered.

Gerard gagged and then choked out, "Can you help me?"

"Sure," Billie Joe said, slinging Gerard's right arm over his shoulder and holding onto Gerard so he wouldn' t fall.

He walked Gerard out of the stall and helped him into the hallway. Most kids looked at them with mutters of "Queer." or "Faggots". Billie Joe just ignored them.

He succsesfully got Gerard to the nurse's office, despite Gerard nearly puking twice in the hallway.

"Hi boys--wait, what's wrong?" She asked as she took one look at Gerard.

"He's sick," Billie Joe said.

"Ok--Billie Joe..is it? I need to talk to Gerard alone, OK?"

Billie Joe left.

Gerard turned his head to the nurse.

"OK, Gerard, when was the last time you ate?"

"Lunch...it was freakishly disgusting..but when is it EVER good?"

"Has any thing else been hurting?"

"My head, and definately my stomach..."

"OK, I'm going to call your parents to pick you up OK?"

Gerard nodded.
♠ ♠ ♠
Haai