Basket Case Love

"So what do you wanna do?"

Gerard buried his head into his pillow. He felt like he needed something to drink.

Beer? Wine? Vodka? Anything?! He thought. He rolled over and stood up, swaying for a moment, then regaining his balance. He stumbled up the stairs and walked into the kitchen and grabbed the first thing he saw, Dr. Pepper. He wasin the mood for something else, but he changed his mind.

"Gerard! You should go lie down, you look terrible," Gerard's mom said, rushing over to him.

"I'm fine mom, I'm just thirsty," Gerard said as he opened the pop can. He walked to his room and the door bell rang.

"I'll get it," Gerard said, striding over to the door, but his mom stopped him.

"Go lie down Gerard," She said.

"I'm fine!" He snapped.

"Gerard Arthur Way, you need to rest, so please lie down?"

Gerard's mom got the door and saw a boy standing before her.

"Is Gerard here?" He asked.

"Hi Billie Joe," Gerard called from the living room. "Come on in."

Billie Joe walked thru the door and sat down on the living room couch. Gerard sat across him with a Dr. Pepper.

"Feeling better?" Billie Joe asked.

"You asked me this afternoon, but yeah, I'm somewhat better. Mom wants me to lie down because she says I look terrible. I haven't had a good look at myself lately, but judging by her using my full name two minutes ago, it must be bad."

Gerard took a sip of his pop.

"So, what do you wanna do?" Billie Joe asked.

"Let's just go to my room, eventhough it smells like shit because I've puked so much." Gerard said as he led Billie Joe down the stairs.

"The steps are hard to see so be careful, Mikey's fallen down them three times today."

"Who's Mikey?"

"My little bro, also a bit of a nerd, and a tad bit annoying."

Billie Joe walked in and Gerard turned on the lights. There were posters for Iron Maiden and Black Flag, and of course The Misfits. There were dirty socks and some boxers that were black and had a skull on them; there was another pair of boxers that had the AC/ DC logo with cannons all over them. There were cigarette butts on the bedside table in a dish. A few drawings were scattered everywhere, and a desk had markers all over it.

"Sorry its not too clean, I practicly live down here on the weekends, like I'm a bitch hermit or something." Gerard laughed.

"Its fine Gerard."

"So do you want to watch a movie or something?" Gerard asked.

"Sure," Billie Joe said.

Gerard put in Lost Boys, it was a movie about vampires.

The gorey movie started and Billie Joe kept his eyes glued in amazement. Gerard looked at it and smiled.

About an hour later Gerard and Billie Joe finished.

"Hey Mom! What time is it?" Gerard called up the stairs.

"Its 6:18," She replied.

"Well, Dinner's in about a half-hour, so I'd better go. Bye Gerard," Billie Joe said walking up teh stairs.

"I'll walk you out," Gerard offered as he walked to the door.

"Bye."

Billie Joe left and Gerard walked into the kitchen and found his mom making spagettti. Gerard paled. She turned around when Gerard walked in.

"Gerard? Are you OK?"

"My stomach hurts," he complained. "I feel like I'm going to upchuck."

He stood there for a minute doing nothing.

After a minute of silence Gerard's mom asked if he wanted anything to eat. Gerard's eyes widened and he upchucked all on the tiled floor.