Basket Case Love

Back home; Bad Habits Start

Gerard was taken home two days later, but couldn't return to school. He was scared Elliot would hurt him more. He needed to reset his life, but the way he chose was going to screw him up so much. So much that it might cause Billie Joe to ignore him, forever maybe!

"Aw, crap, I need something, something to reset my mind," Gerard groaned. His head was hurting becasue of the meds he was on. He stood up and wandered into the kitchen. His mom was away for the night, and Mikey was sleeping over at a friend's house, who Gerard didn't know, or care. He went to the cabnit and grabbed a random bottle of vodka. Now Gerard had not even had alcohol, this was his first try. He knew only that it tasted bad, and that was it. He drank it and the cold, burning liquid poured down his throat. He finished and coughed, the taste was really gross. He felt funny, like ha, ha, wierd funny. He ran into the living room and shouted loudly," Hey, sweetie, I'm back from work!" He giggled drunkenly and smiled to himself. He spent most of the night prancing around the living room like a flippin cheerleader. He calmed down a little, and walked downstairs to his room was dark and secluded. He loved it.

"Gerard? Bro?" A voice from the stairs asked.

"M..Mikey...I...uh...yeah...I th...I thought you were...at...at ...ah....at a f...friend's house.." He slurred.

"I could only stay for a few hours, there was a mix-up and he had to leave for a wedding and he--Gee?" Mikey explained, then looked worried when Gerard kneeled on the ground shaking.

"Hey, bro, you ok?" Mikey asked looking worried.

Gerard nodded,

"Geez, Mikey, man. You..you should have SEEN me...earlier today...I was acting like...like a flippin..cheer...cheerleader," He slurred.

"Gee, you, you're drunk," Mikey gasped.

"Man...Mi..Mikey..It...ugh..It won't happen again..." He slurred, but it sounded more like a jumbled mess to MIkey.

Gerard felt his stomach churn, he knew that it wasn;t a good sign.

"Aw, crap...Mikey, move!" Gerard gasped suddenly. Mikey got pushed out of the way and Gerard threw up all over the floor.

Mikey sighed and took Gerard to his bed.

"Geez, Gerard, sheesh." Mikey mutterd as he left his brother.