Making Friends With Bacardi

Chapter One.

Image

"Hurry up and finish eating, we have to go on soon." Alex told Jack, who was sitting at the booth eating an apple as slow as he could. We were in San Francisco, California on the first day of the Vans Warped Tour 2007.

Only a few days ago all the boys had all their clothes packed and couldn't sleep at night because they were so excited. I had no intention of going with them. Alex even kept begging me to tag along. But I had no idea what I would be doing while they were playing, partying, meeting fans, ect. Even if I did all that stuff with them I would feel super left out. I had no idea what I would be doing until Zack shoved a big, beat up brown box in my hands.

"Let me help you carry that." Rian said smiling with bright perfect white teeth and took the heavy box out of my hands.

"Thanks." I said to Rian, then shot a glare at Zack for making me merch.

Zack laughed. "Hey, it wasn't all my idea!"

I looked around at the other three boys standing around me and they just smirked. "You know I love you, Kayleigh." My best friend out of the three said and grabbed my hand. I could always tell when he was lying.

"If you loved me you wouldn't be making me sit out in the hot sun and bake all day, all alone, while you go out and have fun with your friends, Alex." I pulled my hand away.

"You'll have fun with your friends too!" Jack chimed in. "We'll stop by every so often. Well, I will." He said glancing at the other guys as if asking them to agree.

"Yup." Rian said and started to walk off the bus. "But Come on Kayleigh, I'll show you were the tent is."

I followed him off the bus and the rest of the boys were doing the same. Alex kissed my forehead and smirked at me. I shook my head and he just smiled even more. "I'll be back in an hour." He said and started walking towards the stages.

Alex always kissed my head or forehead before he promised me something. I guess that's his way to show me he really did mean what he was about to say. And he always followed through with his promises.

Alex. Alex has been my best friend ever since freshman year. We literally ran into each other on the first day of school. We were both lost and looking for the same class. He gave me a shy smile and asked me where room 224 was. I told him that I was looking for the same class. He looked surprised and continued on, "You don't look like a freshman." He told me. Honestly, he didn't either. He was taller than the rest, and had a more mature look to him.

We got to room 224 ten minutes late. Most of that time was wasted by us walking around slowly talking and talking about everything. His past, my past. His family, my family. His favorite band, my favorite band. We had the same taste in music. I think that's what brought us closer together.

"My turn!" Jack yelled and hugged me really tightly.

Jack. Jack was the one that always wanted to cuddle. I always went to that kid when I wasn't in a good mood. His hugs always make me feel better. They're warm and he holds on to you tight to show that he cares. And he didn't care if his shirt got completely soaked by tears that were caused by a guy.

He turned out to be the complete opposite of what I thought he would be. I mean Come on, he was that loud annoying kid in your french class that had bright blue hair. He never listened to the teacher, and did things his own way. I would have dropped out of my freshman french class if it wasn't for him. He was the only reason why I loved fifth period.

"Ugh, Jack." I groaned. He's like a 4 year old kid that's way too scared to get on the bus to go the first day of preschool. And I'm the mom that promises I'll be there when he gets home.

"Hold on." He pouted then started to swing me around.

"J-jack." I stuttered. "I'm gonna get sick, and this heat doesn't help."

He let me go and gave me a pouty face which made me smile a little. "Have fun at the merch table!" He said patting the top of my head.

My smile faded. "Thanks." I said sarcastically.

Jack ran off to catch up with Alex. They're scheduled to go on in 20 minutes. And that'll give Rian and Zack enough time to show me where the merch table was.

"Whoever is set up next to our tent just ask them for help is you need it." Rian informed me.

Rian. Rian was nicest guy at our school. He looked at everyone in the same way no matter how they talked, looked, or acted. He was always open to new friendships and interesting conversations with new people. I've told that kid every single one of my secrets and he could always relate to it. He always had something positive to say and always had good advice. He was smart too. I always listened to him if he told me to do something. And that something was always the right thing.

"Help with what? Setting up?" I asked.

"Uh huh." Zack said, making me sound like I was retarded.

Zack. Zack was the quiet one. None of us met him until our Sophomore year. But I still remember him when he was a freshman. He was in my eighth period. I sat next to him the whole entire year and he never said one word to me until the last day of school. "Sorry, I'm just really shy." He said to me quietly. I didn't know what he meant, and I was shocked because he had the cutest voice. I had always wondered what his voice sounded like. I had myself convinced it was much deeper and louder.

"It's okay." I told him and gave him a warm smile. He laughed nervously as if regretting he ever said anything. "I was shy until I met my best friend, Alex Gaskarth."

Zack looked back down at his fingers fidgeting in his lap. "You're friends with that kid?" He asked surprised.

"Yeah." I told him, confused.

"He seems stuck up, and you seem too nice to be hanging out with someone like that." He said looking back up at me. I corrected him and told him that Alex was a really nice guy. I invited Zack over my house because we were having the first party of the summer. We, as in Alex, Jack, Rian and I. And that's how we met Zack. Zack was quieter than the rest. A lot quieter. But strangely, he fit in. He was like our missing puzzle piece we couldn't find for days.

"Here we go." Rian said sitting a box on an empty white table. Zack set his next to Rian's and came over to hug me.

"Like Alex promised, we'll be back in an hour." Zack said with his arms around me. When he pulled away I nodded.

"Yeah, you'll do fine kayleigh." Rian assured me.

"Yeah, how hard could this be. No ones gonna buy any of your merch anyways. It'll be easy to just sit here and watch kids walk by." I said.

Zack and Rian just laughed.

"I know we suck," Zack said. "But you don't have to rub it in. See you later." And with that they both walked away leaving me with two huge boxes of merch to set up. There were even three more boxes behind the table.

I had no idea where to start.
♠ ♠ ♠
Is it okay?
You should comment <3