Making Friends With Bacardi

Chapter Sixteen.

Kayleigh's P.O.V

The sun hit my eyes and the coldness of the bus made me shiver as I awoke. I pulled the thin blanket up to my chest and looked over at Alex, who was laying next to me. He was still sleeping but pulled me closer to his naked, cold body. I turned to lay on my side and I kissed his shoulder blade softly. I ran my hand through his hair and he started to smile. His sleepy eyes opened and his smile grew bigger as he saw me. His grip tightened around my back and my chest was now pressed against his.

"I love you." He whispered as he kissed my forehead.

"I love you, too." I replied and placed my head on his chest. He kissed my head and rubbed my back softly. As I laid there and cuddled with him, I thought about the whole tour. Alex and I started this tour as just best friends of four years, now we'll be leaving this tour knowing the love that we have for each other.

At home, it's going to be weird. I have a feeling it won't just be 'guy's night', including me of course, at my house. If Alex and I are still together, he'll probably be the only one to come over. I don't want this relationship tear us and the guys apart.

"What time is it?" Alex whispered.

"I don't know." I said. "I just want to stay with you, for a little while. Is that okay?"

Alex smiled and kissed my cheek. "Of course it's okay." He said and turned to lay on his back. I repositioned my body as well and laid on my stomach next to him. My head was resting on his shoulder and my hand was on his chest. I was drawing circles with my thumb and then ran my hand down to his waist line. Alex rubbed my lower back and lightly ran his fingers up it, which gave me shivers. Alex laughed at me and continued to do it.

"That's making me cold." I whined. He smiled at me and I laughed slightly, but he kept doing it as goosebumps appeared on my skin.

"We should see what time it is, baby." He whispered.

"I'm too comfortable to get up though." I whispered back.

"But what if it's late?" He whispered again.

"Why are we whispering?" I whispered to him again.

"I don't know." He whispered and laughed slightly. I smiled and reached down on the floor to get our clothes. I picked up Alex's shirt first and then found his boxers. He slipped his boxers on as he still laid next to me under the covers. Then he sat up and put on his shirt. I sat up with him, with my hand to my chest so the blanket wouldn't fall. Alex got up and handed me my bra and dress. "Where'd we throw your underwear?"

"I don't know." I said as I put my bra on. Alex was watching me as I stood up to slip on my dress. Revealing the naked lower part of my body, he just stood there and smiled at me. "You know, it's not nice to stare." I said as the dress fell just above my knees.

"But I'm staring in a nice way." Alex hugged me. "And I have no idea where your undies are."

"I need them. This dress is too short to not wear anything under it."

"Well that thong you were wearing doesn't count as anything, as small as that was." He said. I rolled my eyes but couldn't do anything about it because I didn't have anymore clean underwear or other articles of clothing left.

Alex unlocked and opened the door and the smell of breakfast food met my nose. I followed him out to the front lounge where all the guys were sitting. "Morning, babies." Rian smirked at us as he stood in front of the stove and cooked breakfast. "Wuv you." He said to Alex and kissed his cheek.

"Why are all of you kissing my cheek lately?" Alex laughed.

"Cause we love you!" Jack sang. I laughed at him and sat next to him on the couch. "Anything gross happen on this couch last night?" He asked me.

"No." I said. "Don't you have a hangover? Shouldn't you be feeling miserable?"

"Oh, you're nice." He said and scooted away from me a little. "Nothing can ruin my mood today."

"You sure about that?" I winked at him.

"What do you want for breakfast, Kayleigh?" Rian asked me.

"Nothing, I'm fine." I said as I glanced at the time. "I need to be setting up the merch table, it's almost 12."

"No, you're okay." Matt said. "I made grieco, evan, and danny do it."

"Awh, thanks." I said. Alex came over to me and pulled me onto his lap. "Alex." I said. "You can't do stuff like that, remember?" I said remembering that my dress was super short.

"Oh, yeah." He winked at me and kissed my neck.

"Can't do stuff like what?" Jack said as he was shoving scrambled eggs into his mouth.

"She's not wearing any underwear." Zack said.

"Dude, how'd you know?" Alex asked him.

"I over heard you two talking in the back lounge." He laughed.

"So you mean Kayleigh's underwear are lost somewhere in the back lounge?!" Jacks eyes lit up as eggs fell from his mouth to his shirt.

"No!" Alex said. Knowing Jack, he's be in there searching for days.

Rian laughed and turned off the stove. "Hurry up and eat guys, I wanna go see what's going on out there."

All of the guys finished eating and put their shoes on to go off the bus. I went into the bathroom and fixed my smeared makeup and brushed my messy hair. I found my flip flops sitting on the couch so I put them on and followed all of the guys to the merch table. Lots of kids were already there and girls started to scream at the sight of the guys. Girls attacked Alex for pictures and hugs and it bothered me to see him with other girls, even though they meant nothing to him.

Jack hugged me from behind as I stood behind the table and handed girls their shirts and change. "Jack, what are you doing?"

"Loving you, what else do you think I'm doing?"

"You better not lift up my dress, I know what you're thinking." I said.

"Hah, no!" Jack lied.

"Hah, yes!" I mimicked.

"What time do you guys play?" The girl on the other side of the table asked Jack.

"Uh, Kayleigh." Jack said to me with his chin on my shoulder. "Do you know?"

"No." I laughed. "Matt, what time do the guys play?" I turned around to look at him. Jack was still holding me.

"Two." Matt said.

"Two!" Jack said to the girl.

"Thanks, and hey," She said to me. "Aren't you Alex's girlfriend?" I paused, not knowing what to say. He hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend, but we sure do act like it.

"Yesss!" Jack sang and rocked my body.

I laughed, "Jack you can let go on me now. I can stand on my own." Just as I said that Alex pushed Jack away and got in the same position Jack was in seconds before.

"Alex, she can stand on her own. Get off her." Jack said. Alex gave Jack a confused look but just wrapped his arms around me and kissed my cheek. Girls glared but didn't say anything but thanks when I handed them their shirts.

Two o'clock came around fast and I left the merch table to go watch the guys do what they do best for one last time. Their moods were nothing but happy and they even played a few extra songs. When they were finished, Jack crowd surfed and Rian threw his drumsticks out in the crowd. "I love you guys!" Alex yelled into the mic.

Alex's P.O.V

"Great show, guys." A guy said to us as we hung out at our merch table.

"Thanks, bro!" Rian said to him.

All of the guys were smiling but it was sad to know that this will be the last time we'd do this in a while. This tour has been one of the best ones I've been on, especially with Kayleigh by my side the whole time. She brought out the best of me and lately I've been thinking about something that would bring out the worst in her.

I sat in a chair towards the back of the tent and watched the guys sell our merch and joke around. Kayleigh's laugh stuck out the most, it was the cutest one I have ever heard. I could sit here and admire her all day if I wanted to. She was just completely perfect to me, but she didn't deserve someone like this. And I'm about to show her why.

I got up and pulled Kayleigh aside. I asked her come on the bus with me for a second. Kayleigh smiled and took my hand as we walked to the bus. My heart was breaking with every breath, and every step. I can't break this to her, not now. After everything that happened last night it will only make things worse. But I don't know what was wrong with me, I was positive she'll hear about it sooner or later. I have to tell her now. Nothing was stopping me, not even myself.

"I gotta talk to you about something." I said with my voice full of seriousness as I opened the door to the bus. She sat on the couch and I sat cross legged next to her. I took her hand and started. "You're not going to like what you're about to hear." I said with a trembling voice and a heart full of shame.

Kayleigh's smile fell and a worried, panicked look swept across her face. "W-what is it?" She stuttered.

"Well," I started. Tears were welling up in my eyes as I thought about how she would feel after the words spilled from my mouth. But I had to tell her. I had to tell her sooner or later. I can't keep this away from her for forever. I have to tell her, I told myself. "Well you know, that night at the hotel?" I asked.

She nodded with a saddened look on her face. "You know when we- we were in the closet, and you-you asked how many girls I've been with?"

"Yes." She said quickly, I could tell she knew these few last words were going to be horrible.

"And you know how I said the guys think I've been with a few?"

"Yeah," She sighed, looking down. I picked her chin up and made her look into my concerned eyes again. Just as I did in the closet a few weeks ago.

"Well, I have." I said quickly with tears falling slowly down face. "I've been with more than a few." My heart sunk down in my chest as I witnessed the look on her face that I couldn't even explain.

Kayleigh's P.O.V

I couldn't believe what I had just heard. Alex was finally admitting to me that he had been with more than just one girl. I finally forced myself to speak but I didn't know what to say. "What?" was the only thing that would come out of my mouth.

"I've been with so many other girls than just you and Annah." He said quietly. His eyes were filled with shameful tears.

"How did you keep this away from me?!" I raised my voice. "Were you always planning on having sex with me and then telling me about all of the other girls you did the same thing with?"

"No, no!" Alex said. I stood up and began to walk off the bus. But Alex quickly took my hand. "Kayleigh, please." His voice broke as he sobbed. "I was just being truthful! And besides that all happened in high school, I'm different now. I've been proving it to you this whole tour."

"Different now?" I said. "High school wasn't that long ago, Alex. I was supposed to be your best friend and you didn't tell me shit. Now, after I gave myself to you, you want to tell me all your secrets. All these horrible secrets that do nothing but hurt me."

"But-" Alex started.

"No." I said softly and pulled my hand away from his. "It doesn't work that way. I trusted you so much, but now I can't find that feeling anymore. I need, I just need some time." I turned away and ran off the bus, not letting Alex see the tears that he had caused.

I ran to the first person I could think of, Jack. He was the only one at the merch table and I wondered where all of the other guys had gone, but I didn't care. I attacked Jack with a hug the instant I could touch him and sobbed into his shirt. "whoa, whoa." Jack said, startled. He took my shoulders and pushed me away from him so he could look into my eyes. "Kayleigh, what happened?"

Before I answered I looked around at all the fans waiting to get merch and meet Jack. Their faces were plastered with a hint of confusion and weariness.

"Alex-" I whispered so they couldn't hear.

"What'd he do?" Jack said in a cold tone. I just shook my head and wrapped my arms around his thin body again.

"Here," I heard Zack's voice. "I'll do this." I looked up and Zack gave me a sad smile as Jack pulled me aside.

"Kayleigh, you have to tell me what happened." He said as he brushed my hair with his hand.

"He told me the truth." I simply said and Jack knew exactly what I meant. All of the guys except for me knew that he had been with tons of other girls. It made me feel stupid because I was so oblivious all these years. It also made me upset with all of them because they had kept it away from me for this long.

"Baby, you have to go talk to him more about it." Jack kissed my head. "Go see what he has to say. It will only make everything better if you really love him." Jack always knew what to do in these situations, which always made me question if he was really gay back when we were in high school. But today, I know he's definitely not gay. He just understands the way girls feel.

So I took his advice and walked back to the bus with my head down to hide my face from all the happy people that surrounded me. I made it to the bus and walked on trying to be as quiet as I could, but my calm sobs took control of my body and I couldn't control how loud they were.

Alex was no longer sitting on the couch. Instead, I could hear him sniffling in the back lounge. I walked back there and tried to open the door but he had locked it. I put my head against the door and listened. "Alex." I cried. I stood there for a second but nothing happened. I just heard him continue to cry. "Alex, open the door." I pleaded.

"For what?" He shot back. "You need some time, you even said it yourself."

"But I want to talk to you more about it, even though it'll just hurt me even more."

"What. Did Jack tell you to come back?" He said in an annoyed tone. "Is that the only reason you came back?"

"Alex." I sighed. "Just let me in."

He opened the door and revealed his bloodshot eyes. But he didn't speak, all he did was close the gap between our salty lips. My tears that were caused by him had stopped falling. Even though he had just came clean about lying to me all of these years, I still loved and wanted him. His salty kiss made me feel better, better than anyone could make me feel.

His bottom lip swept across mine as he was pulling me on the couch which we had just made love the night before. His body was laying heavily on top of mine but it didn't hurt me at all. Finally pulling his lips away from mine, he kissed my wet cheek and whispered the words, "I'm sorry."

All I did was close my eyes and swallow my harsh words. I was upset with him. But I wasn't as upset with him for being with all those other girls. I was more upset that he had kept it away from me until we had fallen in love, and after he took my virginity.

"I'm sorry," Alex whispered again. "And I love you. I love you, Kayleigh." His voice was quiet but strong, not a hint of doubt in it. Instead it was full of honesty. "Please," He pleaded as a warm tear fell from his face and onto my neck. "Please, don't leave me when we get home."
♠ ♠ ♠
The end!

I will be writing a sequel though (:
But I'm not going to start that until The Night you Took Away A Little More Than Just My Breath is finished.
And the first chapter for that story comes out tomorrow.
So be sure to check that out!

And thanks to everyone that has read/comment/subscribed to this story.
I really appreciate it <3