I Can't Stay Away

Everything In Its Right Place

Mason had just finished his first run of the finals, and he was currently in seventh place. His head just wasn’t in it right now, and Molly knew it. “Mason, you’ve got to forget about her right now,” she told him at the bottom of the pipe.

“Molly,” Mason began, but she interrupted him.

“Mase, she’s my best friend, but she’s hurting you right now. I’m not telling you to give up. I’m telling you to forget about it for the next hour and a half and focus on your run, okay? I don’t want to see you get hurt because you’re not focused.”

“I’ll try, Molly,” he said.

“Okay, good luck. I love you,” she told him.

“I love you, too,” he said as he turned around to go back up to the top.

Molly’s stomach dropped as she watched him fall on his next run. But, Mason quickly got up, allowing Molly to breathe. “You okay?” she asked him as he walked over to her.

“As good as expected,” Mason muttered.

Molly just sighed as Mason walked off, having only one more shot at getting first place.

All of a sudden, she heard someone yelling her name. She turned around to see a short person with dark red hair pushing her way through the crowd. “Kaylin?” Molly asked.

“I’m sorry I’m late. Did I miss Mason?” she asked.

“Um, the first two. He’s got one more left,” Molly told her, still amazed that Kaylin had actually come to watch.

“How’d he do?”

“Not very good,” Molly admitted. “I think he’s in seventh right now.”

“What have I done?” Kaylin muttered to herself.

“Don’t worry. You’re here now. You have no idea how stoked Mase is going to be when he realizes that you’re here,” Molly said smiling.

“I just wish I would have gotten here sooner. My flight was delayed by two hours. I was planning on arriving early and catching Mason before the finals started. That way, we could have talked everything out.”

“I wish that would have happened, too. That way, I wouldn’t have been scared out of my mind when he hit the lip and fell,” Molly told her.

“He’s okay, right?” Kaylin asked, worried.

“Yeah, he’s fine,” Molly told her. “He got right up and walked away.”

“Good,” Kaylin sighed.

About a half an hour later, it was Mason’s last run. He looked down at the end of the pipe to see Molly talking to someone. He couldn’t quite figure out who it was, but as soon as he saw the dark red hair, he knew exactly who it had to be. A smile swept across his face, as he prepared to take his final run.

As soon as he started out, he knew this was going to be a good run. He knew he was on his line, and as soon as he went up for a 1080, he knew that this would be the run that counted.

Molly and Kaylin watched in amazement as Mason continued down the pipe. Molly had never seen him ride like this before. He was hitting everything perfectly. She knew he must have seen Kaylin at the bottom of the pipe. There was no other explanation for it.

As he got finished, Molly knew that his score was going to rival Shaun’s, who had set an extremely high standard during his first run.

“Mason, that was amazing!” Molly exclaimed.

“Thanks,” he said smiling, but he wasn’t looking at her. Instead, he continued walking towards Kaylin, who stood there nervously biting her lower lip. “You’re here,” Mason said as he stood in front of her.

“Of course,” Kaylin said smiling. “I wouldn’t have missed it for the world.”

“I tried to go after you at the airport,” Mason told her.

“I know,” Kaylin said. “Molly told me. I’m sorry I haven’t been answering your calls.”

“Why haven’t you been?”

“I was embarrassed about everything. I mean you are dating Missy, and I kiss you.”

“I’m not dating Missy anymore,” Mason told her. “I broke up with her right after that kiss. I knew she wasn’t the one for me. I felt something with you that I had never felt with her.”

“Really?” Kaylin questioned. “Because I felt the exact same way.”

“Mason,” Molly screamed, interrupting them. “You beat Shaun!”

“Good,” Mason replied, but he wasn’t paying any attention to Molly. Instead, he grabbed Kaylin’s face as his lips crashed into hers, and everything felt right again.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I don't know how I really feel about the ending, but it's the best I could come up with right now :)

I might do a sequel sometime in the future if some type of inspiration hits (which could happen while watching the Winter Dew Tour on Sunday!).

Thank you to every single reader/subscriber/commenter! I appreciate each and every one of you!!!

And as I said, you might want to keep a look out for a sequel some time in the future--although, I'm not promising anything :)