I Can't Stay Away

Leaving

“Oh my god,” Kaylin said turning back around to look at Molly. “I cannot talk to him right now. I’ll see you later,” she said as she ran in the opposite direction of Mason as fast as she could.

“Kaylin, wait!” Mason yelled, but she kept running. He stopped when he reached Molly. “Why is she running away from me?” he asked his sister.

“Are you seriously asking me that right now?” Molly questioned. “Mason! She just kissed you!”

“How much did she tell you?” Mason asked.

“I’m pretty sure everything,” Molly admitted. “She said that she told you what Missy said, and that you called her a liar. And then she said that you could do better, and she kissed you.”

“And now she’s avoiding me,” Mason said.

“What do you expect? Mase, she’s clearly embarrassed.”

“Of what?”

“She practically spilled her feelings to you,” Molly told him. “God, Mase, does she need to spell it out for you? She likes you. She’s liked you for I don’t know how long!”

“She’s liked me for a while now?” Mason asked.

“Yes!” Molly exclaimed. “I kept telling her to tell you, but she wouldn’t. And then, she comes back from Switzerland and you’re with Missy. And by the way, Kaylin was telling the truth about her. She really did say that she was only with you because you’re a snowboarder. Why you wouldn’t believe Kay, I don’t know. I mean, if I told you that, I could understand you not believing, but Kay. You know she’d never lie to you,” Molly rambled.

“Okay, Mol, I’m still stuck on the Kaylin liking me part,” Mason told her.

“Mason, she’s liked you forever. Don’t break her heart,” Molly told him.

“Molly, what am I supposed to do?” he asked.

“First, you need to break up with Missy,” Molly said. Mason started to say something, but Molly cut him off. “Don’t you dare tell me you’re going to stay with Missy after everything.”

“I’ve got to talk to Missy,” Mason said.

Molly rolled her eyes. “Whatever, Mase. But just so you know, I wouldn’t expect Kay to wait around for you.”

“What is that supposed to mean?”

“She just practically told you that she likes you. And now you’re going back to Missy. If I were Kay, I wouldn’t waste any more time on you,” Molly told him.

“I’ve got to go talk to Missy,” Mason repeated, beginning his trek back down the mountain.

“What was that all about?” David asked, walking up to Molly.

“My brother’s an idiot,” Molly stated.

About an hour later, Molly made her way back to her hotel room. When she opened the door, she saw Kaylin standing inside packing a suitcase.

“Kaylin, what are you doing?” she asked.

“I’m leaving,” Kaylin said simply.

“You’re what?” Molly yelled.

“I’m leaving,” Kaylin repeated. “There’s really no reason for me to stay here. I mean I can’t compete, and I just made a complete idiot of myself in front of Mason, and there’s no way I can face him now. Besides, you’ve got David here.”

“Kay, first of all, just because David’s here doesn’t mean that I don’t want my best friend there watching me compete. And just forget about Mason.”

“He thinks I’m an idiot, doesn’t he?” Kaylin asked.

“What? Why would you think that?” Molly asked her.

“For the first time in I don’t know how long, you just told me to forget about Mason. You never tell me that. You always tell me not to give up on him, even when he’s got a girlfriend. So, something’s different this time. I’m assuming you talked to him after I left, and he thinks I’m an idiot and doesn’t want to talk to me anymore,” Kaylin reasoned.

“Kay, now you’re being stupid! Mase doesn’t think you’re stupid, but he is being an idiot himself,” Molly told her.

“Huh?” Kaylin questioned.

“He went to go talk to Missy instead of talking to you,” Molly admitted. “I’m so sorry, Kaylin.”

“Don’t be sorry. I mean Missy’s his girlfriend. I expected him to go talk to her,” Kaylin said as she continued packing her things.

“Kaylin, are you sure that you have to go?” Molly asked.

“Yeah,” Kaylin told her. “I think it’s for the best. But, I will be watching you compete, and I expect a call after you win,” she added with a smile.

“Well, I don’t know about after a win, but I promise to call you as soon as it’s over,” Molly said hugging her. “I’m so sad that you’re not going to be here. I mean you just got back, and you’re leaving me again!”

“Mol, I’ll see you after this competition. I mean I’m going to compete in the next one. I think I just need to get away from everything right now.”

“Everything or Mason?”

“Both,” Kaylin admitted.

“Okay, well, I’m going to miss you,” Molly said.

“I’ll miss you, too,” Kaylin said hugging her again.

An hour later, Molly was sitting in her room listening to some music before she headed back out to the superpipe, when there was a knock at the door. She got up and answered it to see Mason standing there with his hands in his pockets.

“Mason, what are you doing here?”

“Is Kaylin here? I need to talk to her,” he told his sister.

“You’re too late,” Molly told him.

“What do you mean?”

“She left.”

“She left?” Mason questioned.

“She decided to go home,” Molly told him.

“What? Why?”

“You,” Molly said. “Mason, she couldn’t face you.”

“But, I need to talk to her,” Mason said.

“Mason, she’s at the airport right now waiting on her flight to go home. What is so important that you need to tell her? That you believe Missy over her? Come on, she’s hurting enough already.”

“I broke up with Missy,” Mason told her.

“You broke up with her?” Molly asked excitedly.

“Not the point right now,” Mason said. “I need to tell Kaylin. I need to apologize to her and tell her how I feel about her.”

“Wait, you like Kaylin?” Molly asked eagerly.

“Yeah, Mol. I thought you would have figured that one out a long time ago,” Mason laughed.

“Okay, well you need to go after her then,” Molly said looking at her watch. “Her plane leaves in an hour. Now, go!” she said pushing Mason out of the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I ended up re-writing this chapter, and I like it better now :)
Let me know what you think of it. Loved it? Hated it?