Hail and Farewell to Paris

Franciscae meae laudes

Mike rushed up from the kitchen table as I entered the room that morning.
“Ava!” He yelled a desperate look in his eye and a grin on his face.
“Ava I freakin love that book. I had no idea. It’s amazing, I…”
I chuckled as Mike gushed to me about the French poetry.
“I also just love these lines…” Mike flicked through the book rapidly, before denting the page with his excited finger and gushing the poetry at me,

What will you say tonight, poor solitary soul,
What will you say, my heart, heart once so withered,
To the kindest, dearest, the fairest of women,
Whose divine glance suddenly revived you?

I chuckled, “I’m glad you like it Mike.”
He grinned, “It’s weird isn’t it? I never would have read anything like this before and now that I have, I dunno I just love it, it made me feel loads better, like, I dunno, like I don’t want to give up on me and Brit.”
I smiled as I turned on the coffee machine, the fumes from Mike’s own cup igniting a craving for a caffeine fix of my own.
“Did you stay up all night and read it?” I asked sitting down opposite Mike.
His blonde spikes quivered as he nodded at me.
“Yeah…and don’t think I didn’t hear you two whispering, loudly.”
I chuckled, “Sorry, I was trying to sleep but Billie asked me to move in with him at the convenient time of three in the morning.”
Mike beamed at me.
“Really? Wow, cool. Oh Congratulations, that’s pretty big”
I chuckled, “I know”

I Glanced at Joey who had just emerged through the kitchen door, rubbing his eye wearily.
“Morning Ava, Mike.”
“Hey Joe, want some breakfast?”
He shrugged at me, “I figured I’d just grab some toast then head off to school.”
I nodded.
I and Joe’s relationship had become quite normal now. Jacob was still a little shy; Billie had persuaded me that he just needed time to get to know me better but I wondered if either of his sons would ever get fully used to me being here.
Joey sat opposite Mike, gnawing on his toast and glancing at me every now and again.
“Is there something on your mind Joey?” Mike asked the teenager abruptly.
The boy jumped and looked at Mike, shaking his head quickly and jumping from the kitchen stool.
“I’m going now, bye Mike, bye Ava.”
He disappeared through the door and Mike chuckled to himself.
“What?” I asked as he shook his head.
Exactly five minutes later Jacob rushed through the kitchen door like always, grabbing a piece of bread and an apple then following his brother to the school bus stop.
Mike sniggered.
“He’s more like his dad; he’d rather have an extra ten minutes in bed then a shower.”
I giggled, “Oh trust me I know.”
Sitting down on the kitchen stool I glanced after the two boys,
“Mike.”
The bassist turned to me after refilling his coffee mug.
“How do you think they’ll react to me being here permanently?”
He swallowed and frowned for a second, “I think they’ll be okay, if Joey didn’t like you you’d know about it Ava.”
I shrugged, “I guess, I think he thinks I’m useful to have around whilst he’s learning French.”
Mike smiled, “Yeah, that’s his excuse.”
I frowned, what did he mean?

“Morning”
Billie emerged in the kitchen wearing scruffy jeans and a stained blue shirt.
He sat opposite his friend after kissing my cheek.
“How are you man? Gonna try and sort things out with Britt?”
Mike nodded, “Yeah, I’ll go over and try and talk to her now things have cooled off.”
Billie nodded, “Wise move but what’s brought this change of mood on?”
I chuckled as Mike glared at me.
“I…well, let’s just say I had time to think.”
Billie cocked his right eyebrow, obviously picking up on the fact that his band mate wasn't giving him the whole truth.
“Boys gone?” Billie asked, letting Mike’s obvious lie go, much to the bassist’s relief.
“Yeah, but not before Joey got a good eyeful of your girlfriend.”
Billie frowned, “What?”
I scowled, “What?”
Mike tossed his head back and laughed. “Bill man, I'm sure Joe is crushing on Ava, he couldn’t stop looking at her this morning, I’d watch your back.”
Billie laughed, “Seriously? That’s hilarious.”
“Billie it isn’t” I spat smacking his arm, “Mike stop winding me up.”
Mike rose from his stool, “I’m not, from the way he was looking at you this morning I’m guessing that French lessons are the last thing on his mind.”
“Mike that’s just weird stop it.”
The bassist laughed and left the kitchen while I turned to Billie who was smiling.
“What?” I snapped.
“I think it’s kinda hot, my son crushing on you. He has good taste.”
“Billie…”

But before I knew it, quick as a flash he had pulled me onto his lap and began to kiss me, hands diving under my nightdress and tongue pushing against my own.
I moaned as his hips jerked upwards, creating a delightful flowing friction between us and sending my mind blank.
“You wouldn’t trade me in for a younger model would you?” he growled against my lips.
I giggled, biting his lower lip softly, “mmm no, I don’t think so, my original one is working far too well for me just now.”
“Mmm, that’s just what I wanted to hear” He whispered as my hands dipped under his shirt tracing the moulds of his muscular chest. He kissed me hard again, his erection becoming more prominent through the fabric of his jeans. I squirmed on his lap as he began kissing my neck hungrily.
“You…do…know…that…Mike is… still upstairs… right?” I gasped loudly.
“Oh I know” his voice graveled on the skin against my collarbone and my hips jerked more with the sweet vibrations, causing a moan to escape from his throat.
“If he had any sense, he’d make a quick exit before I go insane.”
I giggled as his hands brushed over the tops of my thighs.
“Billie we have to at least wait until he has gone”
“Fuck him, I want…oh god I want you now…”
“Billie…”
“Fuck Ava…”
“Hey Guys! …Oh…Shit.”

Billie and I both snapped apart, looking at Mike with fearful eyes as he came back into the kitchen.
He began to chuckle, “I’ll, err, see you guys later, thanks for letting me stay.”
I nodded, my arms still clamped around Billie’s neck.
“I’ll ring you man” Billie grinned.
Mike nodded and saluted his friend, “Don’t hurt yourselves now.”
I chuckled, as Billie shouted, “Good Luck” to his friend’s retreating back.
We both waited till the door slammed shut until Billie hoisted me around his torso and jogged to the living room awkwardly.
He fell forwards onto the couch and began to attack my mouth once again, causing me to moan loudly and buck up into him.
His hands scrappled underneath my nightdress, tearing off my underwear, hands tracing the skin were the fabric once lay and sending my mind completely black.
“Billie…” I moaned, biting my lip in a vain attempt to prevent myself from screaming.
He smiled down at me naughtily before my hands began to undo his belt, brushing across the bulge in his jeans and causing him to groan in excitement.
Before I knew it we were both entangled on the couch, sweating and gasping for breath,
“Ava, say you love me…” Billie managed to pant as his lips planted sloppy kisses on my neck.
“I…I love you” I giggled breathlessly.
His hands gripped me tighter as his head was thrown backwards in ecstasy, his eyelids clamped shut as I collapsed against his chest.
We lay there for a moment, breathing heavily and just savoring each other’s feel and scent.
“So…” Billie sighed, “When are you planning to move in?”