This Beat Is Sick

Second to None

Image

As a couple months flew by, Joe had given up. He stopped calling all the time. Leaving long messages. He stopped trying to figure out where Mary Jane was. He gave up on her. But even a girl like Mary Jane doesn't deserve to have someone give up on her...no one does.

Joe had been hanging out with Farbella. He helped her out with things. She wasn't too together in her life. But mostly he just spent time with her. He was a friend.

Farbella rubbed her stomach and sniffled. Joe took his eyes off the movie and looked at her. “Farbella?” Joe asks. “You ok?”

“Do you have not want to be second choice...” she asks softly.

“Um?” he asks looking at her face, her eyes trying to know what she meant. He didn't think she'd be the kind of girl for second place.

“I don't want to be the fall back girl...the girl someone goes to because their first choice didn't work out or wont give them something” she replies.

“When have you been second choice...you don't seem like you'd be that girl” he says looking back at the TV.

“I was your second choice” she whispers.

“No you weren't” he says looking back at her.

“You slept with me when you were with Mary Jane and that was it....you didn't really talk to much before and you didn't really talk to me after”

“Farbella....I'm sorry about that...it was awhile ago and it was stupid. I should have never slept with you when I was with someone else”

Farbella looked down. It hurt to hear that. No matter what she did she started to feel like maybe she wasn't good enough for a relationship. She got up. “I'm going to go”

“No...don't....It came out wrong. It was wrong of me” he says.

“You've made that clear!” Farbella says, “You don't have to say it over and over again”

“It was wrong of me to sleep with you but I couldn't help it. The way you looked. They way you touched me. The things you said....I just forgot about Mary Jane and I wanted you....I wanted to make love to you” he says grabbing her arm.

“I'm still second choice. That's all I'm cut out to be” Farbella says with a low growl.

“That's not true” he says sliding his hand to her's and grasping it.

“I was Nick's second. I was just sex to him....I thought he was the one that liked me more not the other way around. I didn't think that would happen” Farbella says.

“Nick was being stupid... if I knew...i would have stopped him or talked to him or something” Joe says.

“So what” she says pulling her hand away.

“What if I want you to be my first?” he asks.

“What if your just saying that because its possible your the father of my baby?”

“And what if its not?” he put a hand on her waist and tucked a piece of her hair behind her ear. “What if I actually want to be with you. Forget Nick and Mary Jane. Forget about the baby for a minute. What if I want to be with you because I think I'm in love with you?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry its short! We'll try to get longer updates soon! I think the story is coming to an end...we're running out of things to write plus....every story needs an ending!

- Mel