This Beat Is Sick

You've left me speechless, so speechless

Joe's fists tightened and he stood up. “Mary-Jane, you're making a fool out of yourself. I don't want you back so stop trying” he growled.

“She doesn't want you back Joe” Kevin says putting his hands on Mary Jane's shoulder.

“Than why would she make up this bull shit. Especially now! Farbella might not even make it and she's pouncing on the chance to steal me back” Joe says.

Mrs. Jonas shook her head at Mary Jane, in disapproval. “I was just getting over your past Mary Jane. I was going to except you as Kevin's girlfriend. But not anymore” she says ashamed.

Kevin held Mary Jane close. He didn't know what gotten in to her to say such weird things. He didn't want her to go back to her old self. He hated the thought of her going back to her old self.

Joe walked down the hallway. He didn't want to be anywhere near Mary Jane. He knew Farbella wouldn't have done anything like that. He loved Farbella and trusted her. He paced back in forth in front of the room Farbella was in.

Nurses ran in and out. It made knots from in his stomach. It made him want to throw up. It made him sick.

Kevin tried to think of something to try to cover up what Mary Jane said. Something to blame. She's getting over being sick, her prescription makes her act out this. She's worried about Farbella, and is trying to go into denial. But everything he came up with sounded stupid.

Joe's eyes grew puffy, as tears slid down his cheeks from being frustrated with Mary Jane and the worrying about Farbella.

“Its''true” Mary Jane began and Kevin wrapped his arms around her pressing her face into his chest.

“Shut up Mary Jane” Kevin says.

Mr. Jonas went down the hall to find Joe, to try and calm him down.

A doctor came ok. Holding a clip board and walked passed Joe and his farther.

“Is this the family here for Farbella--” the doctor asks and is cut off by Mrs. Jonas.

“Yes it is” Denise says.

“Well..” the doctor begins.

This is the hardest part for a doctor to deliver bad news. They don't have to know the family or the patient but they carry every death, every illness, every time someone would cry with them every night.

He looked down at the clip board, as if staring at it would give him an answer to give them the news easier.

“I've got some bads news. We had to do an emergency c-section” He starts again.

The whole Jonas clan stared at him waiting for him to continue. Joe and his farther listening form a distance.

“We aren't sure what went wrong...the baby is in a incubator. We don't know if she'll live” the doctor says. “The premature baby girl was 11oz. And she has a 80% of living”

“What about Farbella?” Mrs. Jonas says.

“We'll of coarse she's out of surgery. And she's asleep now” the doctor says.

They sighed in relief knowing she most be ok. Everyone went home except Joe. He stayed by Farbella's side holding her hand. He would never leave her there alone.

It was a little past noon and Farbella still wasn't a wake. The doctor was talking to Denise, Joe could barely hear what they were saying.

Mary Jane was at the hotel. She got out of the shower and wrapped a towel.

“Why did you say that about Farbella last night?” Kevin asks, not sure what to believe.

If it was true, and Mary Jane went along with it...than should he leave her?

“Because its true” Mary Jane says.

Kevin hesitates, “I don't know Mary Jane. It doesn't seem to add up. Why would two girls ever think of doing that?” he asks.

“Believe what you want Kevin. But it was true and all Farbella's idea” Mary Jane says.

The doctor and Denise walked over to Joe. Joe didn't look up at them, he just stroked the piece of hair out of Farbella's face.

“Joe, honey...” Denise says.

She waited for her son to reply, but he didn't. So she continued. Farbella's body wasn't ready for a baby. She was too small and her body wasn't maturely ready for it.

“We don't know if she'll wake up” Denise says softly.

Joe looked up at his mom, the tears collecting in his eyes. He looked back at Farbella and put his head down on the bed, letting the tears out.