A Tainted Revenge

Part 1 The 1980's-Chapter 1

She painted her lips that pouty red. It was “her thing”. She enjoyed showing them off because they were perfection. They were full and luscious. They were the thing all the girls envied and the boys wanted a taste of.

She sat in front of the shiny, new vanity mirror that was her 18th birthday gift from her parents. She stared at her reflection, making sure everything was exactly the way she wanted. Her newly dyed, platinum-blond hair was curled and crimped. Her eyelids were painted a bright blue that brought out the deep brown of the eyes she loved so much.

She allowed herself to grin. She was amazed at how she looked. She was ready to be the star of the night. She was already, though. She was what everybody wanted; top of the class, star cheerleader, and was blessed with pinup beauty, all while not surrendering into the addiction all her old friends did years ago.

Of course, what people did not know what that this was her rebellion. Her wonderful parents would have been proud to see their little goody-two-shoes daughter show up to one of their celebrity parties, smoking this and snorting that instead of going to her graduation. She was a lonely, young girl, with parents who were too rich to help her get ready for the night of her life. Instead, for them, it was way more important to take a quickie trip to Paris.

As she fixed up her hair with spray one last time the doorbell rang. Her stomach flipped with excitement replacing the hate that had knotted it up all day long. She jumped out of her seat, almost knocking it over. She ran in her high, stiletto heals down the stairs to answer the door.

She pulled the door open and there he was. The handsome, dark haired, blue eyed star of the football team, who also happened to be her boyfriend of the past two years. Butterflies filled her stomach as his arms went around her. His lips fell upon the bare part of her shoulders and kissed her gently.

He traced his way up her neck to her lips and he pulled her in closer to him. He breathed her scent in deeply. “You smell like hairspray, Lauren. Of course, as you know, hairspray happens to be my favorite smell of all time,” He said jokingly. Lauren giggled and threw her arms around his neck.

“I love you, Dave!” She said and kissed him.

“And I you, babe. Oh!” He exclaimed, “I almost forgot to tell you. Another one happened tonight. It was all over the TV and seeing that you don’t watch the news, I thought I should tell you.” Lauren rolled her eyes.

“Well then, you will just have to keep a closer eye on me tonight, won’t you?” she teased. Dave gave her a big smile.

“That won’t be a problem at all.” He suddenly hit himself in frustration. “I forgot your corsage in the car”.

“That’s fine”, said Lauren. She took Dave’s hand and led him out the door. “Let’s go to prom!”