A Tainted Revenge

Part 1-The 1980's Chapter 4

All he could feel was the throbbing, infuriating pain on his forehead where his captors had hit him over the head after he had walked through the heavy, metal doors. As he finally came to, the strong men who held him, tightened their grips around his wrists as he struggled to get away. He knew enough about this place to keep his head down and to use his long, dark hair to cover his eyes. The last thing he wanted to do was to look into her eyes, but he knew it was a fight that he could never win.

She was one of the most powerful of them all. She used that power to force his gaze up to hers, but as was discovered when she dealt with the majority of men, she did not need to use any in order to keep it there. Her beauty surpassed all others. She was youthful-looking with long, silky blond hair, that fell past her knees. Her skin was as white as porcelain and with a frame so slender, she looked as if she might break. It was those icy blue eyes that gave away the truth of her age and strength. Whenever he was forced to look into those pools, he was always left in awe.

He stopped his struggle as soon as he could see her eyes from across the room, but his guard was fully up. Others were deceived by the innocence she faked in her goddess-inspired white silk gown, but he knew her power. He had witnessed it many times before.

“Alaric,” she said softly. “You are mindless, aren’t you?” Alaric watched her as the city’s vampire ruler stood up from her golden throne and glided across the marble floor to stand face-to-face with him. She lifted a finger to his cheek and sliced a sharp nail across it. She leaned in and whispered in his ear as she slipped an arm around his strong body, “You are such a magnificent creature. How can you be so dumb?”

Alaric swallowed deeply as her lips grazed his ear. “I do not know what you mean, Satu”.

“Don’t know what I mean?” She asked in her famous devious sweet voice, while quickly glancing at Alaric’s captors to let him go. As soon as they did, Satu flung Alaric across the room, with an unseen force, against the wall. As she did that, her voice went to a high streak as she yelled, “Don’t know what I mean, you idiot? You left the girl ALIVE!”

Satu glided to where Alaric was quivering with pain on the floor. She lowered her voice, but left a trace of power within it. “Do you know who this girl is? She is the granddaughter of the most powerful Neco in America. She can ID you and if she ends up pregnant you know what will happen to you and to us. We will be found. The vampires will be killed.”

“No necessarily, Beauty,” he said with strength in his voice. He gave a twisted grin. “We are strong. Let them find us. We can take the city and rule. Humans are puny and weak. We can rule the world, Satu.”

Satu’s eyes darkened in fury. “Just because we have supernatural powers, doesn’t mean that the 20 of us can take on every human in that city.”

Alaric sighed. “Well then, you are of no more use to me. Too bad. You are so pretty.” He stood up off the floor, crushing her with unseen and unknown force.

Satu started backing away from him. Fear started filling in her voice. “You are crazy! Drusus, get ___!”

Before she could finish her order, Alaric jumped at her, grabbed her by the neck , swung her around and slammed her against the wall. Satu struggled under his grip as he raised her to his eye level, causing her to gasp for air. “Stop struggling,” he ordered her, “this can’t kill you.”

He leaned into her, giving her a violent kiss with his teeth tearing apart her lips. He pulled back while licking her blood off his mouth. Alaric watched with pleasure as Satu hyperventilated out of fear as her blood fell in drops into a puddle below her.

“Oh I really wish you would have agreed with me, Beauty. Now I must kill my favorite lover,” he said dismissively. His head jerked back as Satu tried to enter his mind. “Stop that!” he yelled and slammed her head against the wall. “I am more powerful than you have ever been, Satu! The fact that you made me means nothing anymore!” Alaric calmed his voice down. “Now, Satu, you remember our laws, right? In order to become Master of the City, you must kill the old one,” he said in a crazed sing-song voice.

Alaric pulled a knife out of his pants, that his captors forgot, and flashed the sharp metal in front of her eyes. “I am sorry, Satu,” he said and plunged the blade into her heart. He dropped Satu to the floor and watched as her blood soaked up into her white dress. Alaric knelt down next to her lifeless body and started sawing off her head. After a few moments her head was clean off her neck. He stood up while picking up Satu’s head by her long, blond hair.

Alaric turned to two of the vampires. “Drusus, Bran, I want you to take this head and bring it to those slayers and tell them that Alaric is now in charge of this city.” Alaric threw them the head and walked over to his gold throne while smiling at his handiwork.