I Don't Want It, I Just Need It.

Sixteen

“Are ye sure S’alright f’me to be ‘ere?”

I felt her body tense against my own but said nothing. She said nothing. The stereo had been turned up to the max, but their angry voices were still echoing throughout the house. And I swore I had heard a loud, smash moments before.

The way Verity had flinched told me that she’d heard it too but the fact that she didn’t move from the bed; let alone from her room said that this, unfortunately, was nothing new.
I tightened my arms around her tiny body and pulled her that little bit closer as the CD drew to a close.

Planting a soft kiss atop her head as her grip tightened on my shirt, her eyes squeezed tight shut. “Cowboys or Indians?” I asked, running my fingers through her hair slowly, twirling each strand around before letting it fall back across my chest. She let out a soft giggle and kissed me through the fabric.

We’d played this game numerous times and after a few weeks; and a fair few childish arguments, we still hadn’t found an ‘or’ we agreed on.

“Cowboys” She answered, with a nod of her head and without a seconds hesitation. As if she’d been waiting forever for someone to ask such a question. “I like plaid ‘n Clint Eastwood”

I shuffled awkwardly beneath her , attempting to make her face me.

“Don’t Ol” She smirked, tilting her head up towards me as I wriggled. Shooting me down as I opened the corner of my mouth to speak, before I’d even had a chance to scrunch up my eyebrow. “Ye’ve shown me ye impression of ‘im before. Ye don’ wanna embarrass y’self again”

She giggled as I pulled my arms from around her and folded them childishly across my chest, pouting my lips dramatically as I did so. “Ye look cute when ye sulk” She whispered, crawling carefully up my body, her lips searching for mine.

“No” I mumbled, angling my head away from her as she leant in for a kiss. “If ye wanna be li’ tha’ I’ll be and Indian. Jus’ so I can kick ye good f’ nothing Cowboy ass” She rolled her eyes and rested her forehead against my chin. “ ‘n I could shag Pocahontas”

I winced a little as she slapped my chest playfully; but kissed her forehead nonetheless.
“Pocahontas has better taste” She smiled curtly, amusement flashing across her dark brown eyes.

“But, Verity. Ye like m…”

“ I’ve got awful taste” She teased as she shifted back to my chest.

Her fingers playing with the buttons of my shirt, slipping through the gaps between the fabric every so often. A touch that sent a shiver up my spine and spread goosebumps across my skin like wildfire. “I think ye’ve got stellar tast…”

I was cut off by a loud, angry screech of ‘Bitch’ from down the hall.

Again Verity tensed in my arms, and a barely there whimper escaped her lips. I was doing all I could to stop myself going out there and punching the prick myself. “M&M’s” She sighed against my chest. “Peanut or Chocolate?”

&&

I swung my keys around my index finger as I stood in the queue at the petrol station, mumbling the lyrics to Ape Dos Mil; we’d just been listening to it on the drive over, and tapping my foot distractedly. The punches thrown at Verity’s door had been the last straw. So now, here we were, cruising around Sheffield hunting for Peanut M&M’s. At 10.24 at night, it wasn’t as easy as you’d expect.

I shuffled forward as the person before me finished up and dumped the packet of M&M’s and the smaller pack of dolly mixtures on the counter. I’d forgotten to bring Verity the dolly mixtures earlier, she’d said nothing, but her eyes were searching for them when she’d opened the door to me. It had become our ‘thing’.

The fact I had a ‘thing’ with someone made me feel only a little uneasy. The fact I was feeling only a little uneasy and I wasn’t already running for the hills, told me Verity was definitely something special.

“ ‘s that everythin’?”

I jumped from my daydream and stared at the guy before me, nodding, a little dazed. And pulling my wallet from my back pocket. “What do I owe ye?”

He tapped his fingers against the cash register and smiled awkwardly at me, his bright blue eyes scanning each and every part of me. What was this guys… “One Ninety Nine and the name of your tattooist”

I breathed a sigh of relief and chuckled to myself. I knew I was hot, but I really didn’t bat for the other… “Oli right?” He asked, throwing my sweets into a plastic bag as I fished in my wallet for the change. I nodded and handed over two pound coins. “came t’see ye band a few times, ye really fuckin’…”

“Nathan!”

I chuckled as the guy next to him; his boss I imagined, scolded him for cursing. “Sorry man, jus’…”

“Look man, ‘ve gotta go. Girlfriends in the car and she really…”

“No worries” He smiled, motioning to the plastic bag before me and placing the receipt and penny change in my outstretched hand. “Jus’ who did ye tattoos man their fuc…really…rad”

“Jake Palmer” I smirked, “Ye got a pen I can…”

&&

The wattage of Verity’s smile was only a few touches shy of lighting the whole of Sheffield, as I climbed back into my car. Chucking the Peanut M&M’s in her direction and collapsing back into the seat. “Fifth shops the charm I think Vee”

I chuckled as she grabbed me harshly around my neck and dragged me across to her.
Slamming her lips against mine and running her fingers frantically through my hair. The girl must really like M&M’s.

“Ye my hero Oliver Sykes” She whispered against my mouth, “My…”

She jumped as the car behind honked their horn ignorantly. I pulled myself begrudgingly from her and shoved my keys back into the igniton. Flipping the bird to the guy in my rear view and pushing my foot to the pedal. Pedal to the metal.

“Chuck us a blue one” I sighed as I pulled off the garage forecourt and out onto the road.
Noticing Verity’s crinkled nose and raised eyebrow from the corner of my eye.

“Ye one of those are ye” She smirked, resting her feet up on the dashboard as she fumbled clumsily with the packet. Huffing as I grabbed it from her and opened it, quickly handing it back and returning my eyes to the road. “Guess two things in common would be pushin’ it aye Sykes?" I rolled my eyes as she rolled a blue M&M between her thumb and finger. “I can’ expect…”

“Jus’ gimme the M&M” I interrupted, diving toward her. Clamping my teeth around her hand as she teased me, ignoring her protests to ‘watch the road’.

I flicked it from her fingers with my tongue; the blue sweet landing seamlessly in my mouth.
And smiled proudly. “What can I say Vee” I winked as she blinked wildly, seemingly in awe of my ‘trick’. “Me ‘n my tongue, we got skills”

I watched her roll her eyes in exasperation, but her smirk was undeniable. “Ye so crude Oliver” She sighed, with a quick subtle lick of her lips. “Ye so…”

“Cool Verity” I corrected, “It’s pronounced Cool”
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been too long, I know.
& this really isn't my best.
I really like playing the 'or' game with my 'significant other' though, so I thought i'd chuck it in.

A lots been happening and to say I'm feeling drained is a gross understatement.
I'm contemplating writing a journal about it, but its all hard to put into words.

Anyway. It hopefully won't be too long until the next update.
Hope you havent all forgotten about lil ole me.

lovex