I Don't Want It, I Just Need It.

Twenty Three

"I can't believe ye made all o' this" Elliot gawped, as I pulled yet more packages from the huge cardboard box in front of me.

I chuckled lightly as she gazed at the few dozen garments strewn across the couch, running her fingertips lightly from fabric to fabric, colour to colour. "I had to sell a whole bunch of stuff before coming home" I sighed, pulling my hair from my face. And securing it in a messy bun atop my head with a tie from my wrist. "Our, my...apartment was literally bursting at the...Although, I'm sure I kept hold of..."

I let my words trail as I dug deeper into the box. Elbow deep in polystyrene packing and bright pink tissue paper."Aha!"

Elliot jumped, startled at the volume of my voice. Her brow creasing as she turned to watch me tear the wrapping from another item. "This" I smiled proudly, shaking off any excess paper and holding up a leopard print, high waisted wiggle skirt. Light pink and grey in colour, with large gold buttons adorning the bibber front. "Is for you"

She clapped her hands together excitedly as I passed it to her, her face lighting up as something clicked in her mind. "Is this..." I chuckled as a tiny squeak escaped her lips and she bounced on the balls of her feet. "This is..."

"The skirt I sent you the picture of" I nodded, watching as she turned it around and ran her hands through the gold lace ruffles down the back. "From my sophmore show, the..."

"The Audrey skirt!" she exclaimed, her voice a mere decibel from ear splitting. "The Audrey fuckin' Kitching skirt?!"

"Yes! Ssshh" I hissed, placing my finger to my lips. "You'll wake up Oliver, he's..." I ignored Elliots snickering and shot her a glare as she mimicked my voice, reaching out to snatch the skirt back from her. "I'll have that back if you're gonna..."

She pouted dramatically and clutched it protectively to her chest, pretending to lock her lips and tossing the imaginary key over her shoulder.

"Be careful with it though babe" I giggled, "Please. Hot Topic took the ruffles off and made the buttons look cheap when they..."

"What, is all o'this?"

I turned to see Oliver stumbling into the living room; wearing nothing but a pair of boxer shorts and a confused expression. After almost a month and a half of being home I still wasn't used to seeing him with so little on again, and I was still finding myself staring at the amount of ink covering him. Each time I stole a glance I found a tattoo I'd not noticed before, a patch of skin I thought had been covered.

I blushed as he caught my eye, his lips twitching into his trademark smirk.

"Your face will get stuck like that if you're not careful" I'd always teased him with the threat, ever since I'd heard his Mother do the same years back and he'd got incredibly worried. He simply rolled his eyes and flipped me off. Padding across the room with his arms oustretched, his lips pouted as if to...

He stopped but a foot away from me, his eyes growing wide, his arms dropping heavily to his sides. He seemed instantly awake, and I watched the blush creep over his cheeks as I felt the heat rise into mine. "'S there uh... We got coffee?" He stammered, brushing his hair from his face. His palm settling at the nape of his neck where he rubbed vigorously.

I nodded slowly, gulping down the lump that had risen in my throat and pointing lamely toward the kitchen. "Jay uh..Jake, he got some this morning. I just brewed a fresh..."

"So, 'S all o'this?"

I was glad of Oliver interupting my stuttering, of Oliver turning my back to me. I could breathe again.

"Just some stuff" I shrugged, "stuff I made out in..."

"Looks like a whole load o' stuff"

I couldn't resist rolling my eyes as Oli returned to the couches. A steaming mug of coffee in his hands, half a chocolate digestive poking from the corner of his mouth. "You get any chocolate on anything, you die" I warned, waving my finger menacingly as he hovered over the open cardboard box. "Seriously, this stuff is..."

"Good?" I felt my cheeks flush scarlet as he set his mug down on the coffee table. Rubbing his hands on his boxer shorts before picking up an oversized white t-shirt with a black and white screen print on the front. I watched a small smile tug across his lips as he ran his fingertip over the flourescent orange Arctic Monkeys logo. "Seriously Vee, this is..."

"It's yours" I nodded, fishing the final few packages from the bottom of the box. "It's just something stupid I did. I remembered how much you... How they went to Stocksbridge and..."

He grinned knowingly and slung the shirt over his shoulder.

"Besides" I bumbled, trying to keep my voice from wavering after my slip up. " I'm gonna sell some of this stuff off when I get the..."

"Well 's mine now so..." I nodded as he patted the shirt on his shoulder. "An' don't sell it all too quick. I'm sure ye know plenty o' people that'd love t'..."

"Me!" We were both startled by Elliot speaking up suddenly, I was pretty sure we'd both forgotten she was there. "'ve told 'er like a million times that she should..."

"Where are ye gonna..."

"I'll pack everything up in a second" I smiled uncertainly as I watched his eyes flicker over the mess I'd made, "I'll..."

"Ye a'ways do that Vee" he chuckled, fetching his mug from the table and bringing it to his lips. "Ye a'ways jump the gun. I was gonna ask where ye gonna put it all, it'll get all creased if ye shove it back in the box, won' it?"

"I wasn't gonna shove it" I shrugged, annoyed that he'd called me out. Once again. "If I wrap..."

"Ye can stick it all in my wardrobe if ye like" He smirked, cutting me short. "'s not like there's owt in there"

"I don't wanna impose Ol, I'll just..."

"Ye called me Ol" He grinned, I suddenly felt embarassed, yet didn't know why.

"I did, I..."

"I'll 'elp ye move everythin' when I get outta the shower" He nodded, his eyes fixed unflinchingly on mine. "An' Vee..." I made the shape of 'yeah' with my mouth but no sound passed my lips. "Don' make any plans f'later. I got somethin' t'show ye" He smirked as my eyebrow cocked in confusion and I wrung my hands together nervously. "Me an' Tom got somethin' t'show ye"
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm really unsure about this.
Mainly because this is a complete iPod affair; in that I only had a few things scribbled down on paper, and I've not been able to proof read.
Anyway....

Did you really think she was just gonna come out with it? In the next chapter?
Jeeeeeez.

What do you think? Answers on a postcard.
X
X