I Don't Want It, I Just Need It.

Eight

I couldn’t help but feel disappointed as my eyes; albeit blurry from a little too much liquor, scanned the room again. There were girls, plenty of girls.

The one currently perched on my knee was barely short of perfection. Long blonde hair, bright, piercing blue eyes…perfect tits. But it really was no use. She could’ve been Carmen fucking Electra for all I cared.

Verity Ann Palmer was the only one I wanted.
Verity Ann Palmer was the only girl not here.

“Oli, baby”

I jumped from my daydream as a hand traced circles lightly across my thigh, a pair of lips kissed and nibbled their way softly across my jaw line. I closed my eyes as I felt a light tug on my shirt; tingles running through my entire body as each button was teased from its hole.
A tiny gasp escaping my lips as she ran a manicured fingertip down my chest, scratching just the right amount to get me going.

“ ‘s Jess, isn’t it?”

I froze instantly at the sound of her voice, my hands dropping heavily to my sides as lips were pulled from my own.

“Natalie” the blonde corrected, “And you, are interrupting”

I opened my eyes reluctantly to see Verity smirking down at me, a giggle kept safe behind her teeth, amusement dancing in her dark eyes. “ Y’came” I enthused, jumping from the couch. Completely forgetting the lass in my lap.

“Shit” I mumbled, pulling her up from where she’d landed on the floor. Smiling awkwardly as she smoothed the creases from her skirt. Looking back and forth rapidly between Verity and I.

“I did” Verity nodded matter of factly. Folding her arms across her chest with a loud sigh. “ ‘n now I’m leavi….”

“Don’t go Vee”

She looked shocked as I dove past…Natalie? Was it? And grabbed her wrist tight, pulling her clumsily towards my chest.

“Please” I whispered, moving my hands to her hips and pressing myself gently against her. “ Y’jus’ got ‘ere”

“How d’ye know I…”

“Been waitin’” I mumbled, startled by my own admission. “I mean, I’dve…”

“One drink” She smiled, resting her head against my chest, re-buttoning my shirt as she spoke. “I’ll stay”

&&

I took another swig of my beer and glanced sideways at Verity; noticing the tiny smile hidden at the corners of her mouth, even in the moonlight, only half of her face illuminated. Thick white smoke spilled from her lips and twisted and turned into the cool summer air as she began to giggle softly.I looked away quickly, fixing my gaze down at my battered vans slip on’s.

“Y’can look if ye want” She slurred as she swapped the blunt in her hand for the bottle of Jagermeister she’d been hogging. Her ‘one drink’. “Jus’ this once”

I turned back to face her with a smile. Snatching the blunt from between her fingers and placing it between my lips as I leant back onto the grass. “Jake ‘as no idea what yer like does ‘e?”

She laughed loudly, choking a little on the booze she’d been sipping. “What am I like Oliver?”

A thousand and one words ran through my mind, But there were only a few I’d feel comfortable voicing. She wasn’t my girlfriend…yet.

I took a long toke on the blunt and kept my mouth tight shut for a moment. “Y’ unbelievable” I gasped as the thick smoke escaped my lips and nostrils.

By the look on her face; well what I could see in the semi darkness, my filtering hadn’t gone too well.

“I’m not gonna sleep with ye tonight Oliver” She mumbled, “Even if ye tell me bullshit like that” I watched as she picked at the grass around her, refusing to meet my eyes,

“ Who said it were bullshit Vee”

“Ye said what I’m like” She sighed, taking the smoke back. “ I were expecting trouble, party-girl, alcoholic….drugg…”

“Well ye all of those too” I chuckled, making a futile grab for her hand. “But I thought I’d tell ye something else, something ye might not know”

She looked hesitant for a second as I made another attempt at holding her hand, my fingers lacing with hers as she exhaled slowly. “I’m not unbelievable Oliver” She sighed, shuffling to my side and resting her head on my chest. “You just can’t ‘andle ye drink”

I groaned loudly and wrapped my arms around her. Praying that she couldn’t hear, feel, my heart beating in my chest. I smiled as I felt her kiss my collarbone through my shirt. “Ye don’ wanna party?”

She shifted uncomfortably onto her elbows, her face just a breath from my own.
Our lips almost touching.

“ ‘s not a party if it happens every night”
♠ ♠ ♠
I thought this was sweet. Am I wrong?

And yeah, check the song quote :)

x