Take Me as I Am

Beautifully Broken

Jonathan was sitting in the living room, talking to Brent Seabrook, when he saw Summer rushing towards the front door. “Hey, I’ll talk to you later,” he told Brent as he stood up and tried to catch up to Summer.

“Summer!” Jonathan called as he ran towards her. He finally caught her just as she had made it out the door. “Summer, what’s your hurry?” he asked.

Summer stood there, reluctantly turning around. As soon as she saw Jonathan, she couldn’t hold her tears in any longer, and she let them flow freely down her cheeks.

“Summer, what’s wrong?” Jonathan asked, worried.

“Nothing, I’m fine,” Summer said, plastering on a fake smile.

“Summer, I'm not drunk. You can’t fool me,” he joked. “What’s wrong?”

“I told myself not to fall for him. I knew it would be terrible, and I’d hurt myself in the end,” she said angrily.

“Who?” Jonathan asked. “Patrick?”

“Of course,” Summer told him.

“What happened?”

Before she could answer, she saw Olivia coming out of the house and heard her calling for Jonathan. “There you are,” she said smiling. “Seabs said that you had come out here.” She then turned around and saw Summer, who was still crying. “Oh my god! Sum, what’s wrong?”

“Patrick,” she replied.

“What? What did he do?”

Summer told them everything that had happened that night, from Patrick telling her he liked her to him going upstairs with another girl.

When she was finished, Olivia turned around to look at Jonathan. “Jon, I hope you and Sharpie work well with Brouwer because I’m about to go kill your current right winger,” she said seriously.

“Okay, Olivia,” he said putting an arm around her waist to stop her from going anywhere. “You can’t kill him.”

“Did you not just hear Sum’s story?” Olivia asked in disbelief. “He is not going to get away with hurting her like that!”

“I know,” Jonathan told her. “But going up there right now is not going to hurt him. Let him go through with everything, and I promise you he’s going to be hurting in the morning when he realizes what he’s done.”

“Jon,” Olivia began.

“Trust me on this one,” he told her. “He really does like Summer. He’s going to want to kill himself when he realizes how much he’s fucked up.”

“Fine,” Olivia told him. “But, I swear, if he has no remorse for what he did, you better start finding another winger for the team.”

“Okay,” Jonathan laughed. He turned around to face Summer. “Summer, I don’t know what to tell you,” he said honestly. “Patrick’s an idiot, and it gets worse when he gets alcohol in his system.”

“It’s fine, Jon. This is all my fault. I never should have fallen for him,” she said sadly. “I’m going to head home, Liv. I’ll see you later.”

“Do you want me to come with you?”

“No, I just want to be alone right now,” Summer told her as she started walking towards the street.

“Jon, I swear,” Olivia began.

“Don’t worry. If he isn’t hurting tomorrow, I’ll help you kill him,” he said as Olivia leaned her head against his shoulder.

Patrick woke up the next morning in a strange room with a random girl lying next to him. What the hell happened last night? he thought to himself. He sat up in the bed and looked over at the naked girl. He vaguely remembered her from last night, but he couldn’t remember having sex with her.

He stood up and grabbed his clothes that were scattered across the floor. He rubbed his head, which was pounding from all the alcohol he drank last night. He made his way to the bathroom to grab some aspirin before he descended down the set of stairs and made his way home.

When he got to his apartment, he unlocked the door to find Jonathan sitting in his living room. “What are you doing here?” Patrick asked. “How did you get in here?”

“I have my ways,” Jonathan said simply. “Do you remember last night?”

“I remember drinking way too much. I still have a killer headache.”

“Do you remember breaking Summer’s heart last night?” Jonathan asked.

Patrick looked up at him, confused. “What are you talking about?”

“Do you remember your conversation with Summer last night?”

Patrick thought about it, and he could remember bits and pieces from last night. “I don’t remember all of it. I remember…telling her that I liked her. And then we kissed,” Patrick said, the memory floating back into his head.

“Yeah, and then you wanted to go upstairs with her.”

“But I didn’t,” Patrick said slowly.

“No, you stormed off and found another chick, and Summer saw it all.”

“Shit,” Patrick said quietly.

“Yeah, you fucked up. Do you even care about Summer at all?”

“Of course I do!” Patrick exclaimed. “God, Jon, I like her more than I’ve liked anyone ever before. I wasn’t thinking last night when I slept with the other girl. I was wasted. I swear, I wasn’t in my right mind. I don’t even remember the sex!”

“Well, have a fun time explaining that to Summer. She was broken-hearted last night.”

“She was?” Patrick asked, upset at himself that he could ever hurt the girl he cared about so much.

“She left crying.”

“Fuck,” Patrick muttered.

“Yeah, I don’t know how you’re going to get yourself out of this one. I’d be surprised if she ever even spoke to you again.”

“What am I going to do?” Patrick asked, putting his head in his hands.

“I don’t know,” Jonathan told him. “But, you better watch out because Olivia’s looking for a new right winger.” When Patrick just looked at him with a confused expression, Jonathan elaborated. “She’s planning on killing you for hurting Summer. She was giving me a heads up.”

“Great!” Patrick said sarcastically, knowing that it was a real possibility that Olivia was going to actually kill him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know what you think!!