Take Me as I Am

Hey Jealousy

Summer walked back to her hotel room after going to the vending machines to get a snack. This was their fourth road trip in the last month and a half, and Summer was starting to wonder if they ever played in Chicago. “Okay, Liv, I got you a Sprite because they didn’t have Cherry Coke,” Summer said as she opened the door to her room.

“Thanks,” Olivia replied from her bed, where she currently sat with Jonathan watching television.

“Okay, Jon, I love you, but seriously, can I not spend some alone time with my best friend anymore?” Summer joked as she gave Olivia her drink and sat down on her bed to see what they were watching.

“Hey, I’m sorry, and I’ll head back to my room if you can get the girl that’s currently in Kaner’s bed out of there,” Jonathan told her.

“What?” Olivia asked.

“He’s seriously in there with some girl?” Summer asked, not believing him.

“Yeah, he met her tonight when we all went out to eat,” Jonathan told them.

“And he’s in there having sex with her?” Summer asked incredulously.

“Yep.”

“There’s no way,” Summer told him.

“Just wait. If you give it a minute, I’m pretty sure you’ll be able to hear them,” Jonathan said.

As if on cue, they began to hear banging and moaning coming from the next door room. “You have got to be kidding me!” Summer yelled, while Olivia tried to hold her laughter in. “I am not going to just sit here and listen to this!”

“Where are you going?” Olivia asked as Summer got off her bed and walked out the door.

Summer walked to the room next door. Without hesitating, she began beating on the door. As she realized that the noises coming from the room weren’t stopping, she began banging on the door even harder. Finally, she heard the noises come to an end, and the door in front of her whipped open.

“What the hell do you want?” Patrick yelled as he flung the door open, wearing only a pair of boxer shorts.

Summer couldn’t help but look at him. She had to admit, even if he was a complete arrogant jerk, he still had a nice body. But, now was not the time to be thinking about that. “Can you keep it down in here?” Summer asked as she looked inside the room and saw a red-headed girl just staring at her from where she lied in the bed.

“What?” Patrick asked in a whisper. “Are you just upset that that isn’t you in the bed over there?”

“Hell no!” Summer yelled. “I’d just appreciate it, if I didn’t have to hear the two of you in my room.”

“Well, why don’t you just leave your room?” Patrick asked.

“Why don’t you just stop fucking every whore you meet?” Summer replied, anger in her voice.

“You really are jealous, aren’t you?” Patrick smirked.

“Of you, no. But when you run your best friend and roommate out of his own room because you have to bring back some chick you just met, I have a problem with that,” Summer retorted.

“It’s none of your business who I sleep with,” Patrick said as he shut the door in her face.

Summer stormed back into her room, yelling out in frustration. “Je le déteste! Comment peux-tu être ami avec lui? Il est un couillon prétentieux!”

“What?” Olivia asked, not understanding a word Summer was saying.

“I said I hate him! How could you be friends with him? He’s a pompous jerk,” Summer explained, as Jonathan sat there laughing.

“What’d he do?” Jonathan asked.

“He told me I was just jealous that it wasn’t me in his bed!” Summer answered. “As if I’d ever want to sleep with him!”

As soon as she finished her statement, they could once again hear the same noises coming from the room next door.

Summer couldn’t stand listening to it anymore. “Arrêtez!” she yelled at the top of her lungs.

All of a sudden, nearly ten of the players came running into the room. Patrick Sharp arrived first and asked, “What’s wrong? Are you okay?”

“I’m fine,” Summer told him.

Brent Seabrook, who was right behind Sharp, asked, “Why did you just yell 'stop' then?”

“Because of that,” Summer said, pointing to the wall. Everyone was quiet, and they could soon hear the banging.

“Is that…” Adam Burish began.

“Kaner, yeah,” Jonathan said.

“Nice,” Burish joked.

Je vais le tuer,” Summer muttered.

“I’m pretty sure you’ll be fired if you kill him,” Jonathan laughed along with everyone else in the room, as the moaning finally stopped next door.

“Finally!” Summer exclaimed.

Not even five minutes later, they watched as the girl left Patrick’s room, her clothes disheveled and her hair a mess. “So, you really pissed off Summer,” Seabrook told Patrick when he saw him at the doorway.

“Yeah, she’ll get over it. She’s just jealous that it wasn’t her,” Patrick scoffed.

Je vais te tuer!” Summer yelled.

“What?” Patrick asked in confusion, not understanding her French.

“You might want to run,” Seabrook said, laughing. “She just said she’s going to kill you.”

At that moment, Patrick saw Summer running towards his door. He quickly shut it, only to hear her scream some more in French.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know what you think :)