Do You Remember?

Four

“Alright Jordy, just give me a call.” An extremely thin blond nurse walked out of Jordan’s room. I took a deep breath; this has been going on since we decided to be friends. Jordan has been all over every nurse in the building. I think he accumulated 19 phone numbers. He is a typical Staal brother.

“Hey ready to go home, Jordy” I quickly took the opportunity to make fun of the nickname that girl gave him.

“Fuck you.” He smiled brightly. “oh, wait, I’ve been there done that.” he smiled cockily.

“No you haven’t” I laughed as he swung his legs over the hospital bed.

“I haven’t? Eight months of dating and I didn’t sleep with you? Now that is a record!” he smiled while standing up.

“We were going to, but you had to go home, the night of your accident.” I looked down at my shoes.

“I waited?” He asked as if he was shocked.

“Yes, because I asked you to. Why are you being such a pimp? You never were like this before.” I sighed as he moved closer to me.

“I always was like this, maybe you changed me.” his voice became lower, almost a whisper, as he narrowed in on me. “I really want to remember you.”

“I know. I want you to remember too.” I sighed as he put an arm around my shoulder. “ready to go home?”

“Yes, I am so ready.” He smiled as he grabbed his bag and we walked out of the hospital.

“Bri” Jordan breathed out while getting into the passenger seat of my car.

“Yeah?” I asked while starting the car.

“Why did you turn down Yale?” he asked suddenly.

“Do you remember?” I started freaking out.

“No, my mom told me.” He sighed.

“ugh, I turned down Yale because I couldn’t have gone if you were still in a coma. I love you Jordan, I can’t change that. And if I went to Yale and you woke up I would hate myself.” I rambled.

“No one has ever cared that much for me, and meant it.” he looked over at me as we approached a stop sign.

“Jordan, I just want you to remember. We had so much, and now I am the only one who knows about it.” I started to cry.

“Brianna, shh….” He placed his hand on my back and started to rub it, causing butterflies to fly throughout my body.

“Jordan, just think.” I sighed while parking in the Staal family driveway. I placed my forehead on the steering wheel.

“ok.” He sighed and closed his eyes. We sat there for ten minutes in silence until he spoke “ I got nothing. I’m sorry Bri.”

“it’s ok. Come on its too cold to be spending the day in the car.” I quickly got out of the car and walked into the house.

“Mom…” Jordan called out.

“They aren’t home. They are doing some shopping. They’ll be home soon.” I laughed and set down his bags.

“will you stay?” he asked and sat down on the couch.

“I planned on it.” I smiled and sat next to him. “Jorddyyyy” I continued to make fun of him.

“Hmmm?” he asked as he put his arm around me.

“I miss you.” I sighed moving closer into his body.

“I miss you too.” He hesitated before he kissed my forehead. “I have an idea.” He smiled.

“Yeah?” I asked picking my head up to look at him.

“Kiss me.” he stated blankly.

“ok.” I smiled while moving closer and wrapping my arms around his neck. He slipped his arms around my waist and moved his lips closer to mine. I suddenly lost all movement in my body and sat there for a minute, deeply staring into his crystal blue eyes. He smiled and closed the area between us. It was what I have been waiting for; it was something that had a magical sense to it. He quickly deepened the kiss as I moved closer. I was, in this moment, completely unaware of anything else going on. How could anyone expect me to leave this?

“Anything?” I asked while pulling away.

“I now know why I liked you.” he smiled cockily “but I can’t remember anything, I’m sorry.” He sighed.

“It’s ok. Are you going to be ok by yourself?” I asked while standing up and putting on my jacket.

“Yeah, why?” he asked.

“No reason, I just have to run some errands.” I smiled and quickly shut the door behind me. I quickly got into my car, while I let the tears fall freely, and drove home.

“Brianna Faith Goldstone, where have you been?” My mother’s voice flooded my ears as I opened my front door.

“I had to pick Jordan up from the hospital and take him home, what’s going on?” I asked as I entered my kitchen and saw a man in a suit. I quickly wiped my tears away and straightened up.

“Brianna, this is Mr. Smyth he is the head of the coping program at Thunder Bay General Hospital.” My mother smiled and I held out my hand for him to take.

“Nice to meet you.” I smiled as we dropped hands.

“Ms. Brianna, I heard about your relationship with Jordan Staal and his accident. I would like to know if you would be interested in starting a foundation I have been trying to get started for years. The foundation is for the families of those who have loved ones who suffer from all kinds of amnesia.” He said and I knew my eyes lit up.

“I would love to, but how and why me?” I asked as we both sat down at the kitchen table.

“Brianna, have you seen the news or read the newspaper lately? Well yours and Jordan’s story is all over it. Having your name and adding your touch and personality to this project will make it a quickly popular foundation. What we will do is start with interviewing psychologist which you will be escorted by a professional. Then we start on the building and the programs. Then we plan on opening our doors in about a year if everything goes well.” He smiled.

“that sounds wonderful, but I will only put my name on this if it is a nonprofit organization, so the families will not have to pay for this.” I stated while receiving a smile from him.

“of course. We shall go to the head board of the national hockey league and see if we can get them involved with this.” He said.

“Alright where do I sign?” I laughed as he pulled out papers. I quickly looked over them and my mother, the lawyer, looked over them also. Maybe something good will come out of this after all.