‹ Prequel: We Can't Wake Up

All You Wish For and All You Need

It All Started With a Girl

Harry Potter was coming to Hogwarts. It hung in the air above their heads as they walked into the Entrance Hall. The floating words twinkled as they swayed gently in the breeze. Marcus glanced up quickly before making his way to the Slytherin common room. Not long now.

He followed the trail of dirt left by his classmates as they returned from Herbology. The students at the front uttered the password and they all filed into the green room. Marcus dumped his things on his bed before walking back into the common room and sitting down on one of the sofas.

Arnold sat beside him. “So, Harry and his friends are coming to Hogwarts. Should be interesting?”

Marcus shrugged and picked up a copy of the Daily Prophet. It was now six days until they would be here.

“I wonder if he ever visits the other schools, or if he just comes to Hogwarts because he went to school here.” Richard commented as he sat down.

“Dunno.” Arnold replied.

Marcus tuned out as they continued to talk to each other around him. In six days Marcus would be able to talk to Harry Potter. Harry must know, Marcus thought, He killed my father. He must know who I am. An unfamiliar feeling settled in the bottom of his stomach. Marcus clenched his teeth together as his stomach turned over and he suddenly felt as if he would be sick. No one had ever guessed who he was. Thomas and Mary knew because they were related to Bellatrix and Anne only knew because he had told her. No one else had even suggested the thought.

What if it ever came out? What would happen then? Marcus’ hands crumpled the edges of the paper. What would happen to me? He paused and looked around the room at all the people. What would happen to Anne?

“Coming?” Arnold asked as he stood. “Dinner.”

Marcus nodded and walked out of the common room, Richard and Arnold following closely. The Great Hall was filling quickly as students eagerly sat down for dinner. Marcus looked over to the Gryffindor table and saw Anne talking amongst her friends. For once Arabella wasn’t watching her, but talking and laughing with the others. Anne glanced up and caught his gaze. She smiled before turning back to her friends.

Pinge spoke briefly before clapping his hands. The food appeared on the table and everyone tucked in. Marcus half listened to the conversations around him as he discretely watched Anne and Arabella. They were even sitting next to each other, like they had before. Marcus frowned; perhaps it was a hormonal thing.

Anne stood outside the Great Hall waiting for him as Marcus walked out. Richard and Arnold headed back to the common room when they saw Marcus walking to Anne. She smiled as she slipped her hand into his and he didn’t pull away. Instead he led her up the stairs. They walked into the library and sat down in a quiet corner. There were some students milling around trying to finish homework they hadn’t done before dinner.

“How was dinner?” He asked as she leaned against him in the chair they were sitting in.

“Huh? You were there...” Her voice trailed off for a moment. “Oh, Arabella?” She glanced up at him to confirm. “Odd, but nice...in an odd way.” She laughed quietly. “It was like we used to be. I’m not sure what changed.”

Marcus nodded and wrapped his arms tighter around her. Anne sighed quietly as she rested her head against his chest. They sat in silence as people wandered quietly around, searching for the answers they needed.

“Do you remember the last time Harry Potter came to Hogwarts?” Anne asked quietly.

Marcus glanced down at her and met her wide gaze. He nodded again.

Anne looked away again when he didn’t say anything. Marcus’ mind drifted to that day. Back when he had hated Harry Potter so much that it almost consumed every thought he had. But now there was no feeling of hate, not that he could find anyway. Marcus frowned, how could so much change in so little time. It didn’t seem right. He knew exactly when it had started though. Anne.
♠ ♠ ♠
*Mega-facepalm* I must have been really tired when I last updated this. I put this chapter (24) as chapter 23, so it wouldn't have made any sense at all. I'm really sorry for that guys, but I've fixed it up now so that 23 is 23 and 24 is 24.
So if you go back and read 23 it should make more sense :)