‹ Prequel: We Can't Wake Up

All You Wish For and All You Need

You Wouldn't Dare

Arabella grabbed Anne’s arm as they walked back towards the stairs to go up to the Gryffindor common room. “Would I be able to talk to you for a moment?” She smiled innocently.

Anne’s eyes flicked sideways as she saw Marcus heading towards the dungeons with the other Slytherins. She nodded and followed Arabella outside. Neither spoke until they had reached the edge of the lake. Anne pulled her cloak tighter around her body as a chill wind blew past them. “What did you want to talk about Arry?”

Arabella paused and studied her friend. “Your safety.”

Anne opened her mouth and closed it again. Her forehead creased and her head cocked to the side slightly, “What do you mean?”

“I’m just worried about you.” Arabella said.

“Why?”

“I’m your best friend Anne, it’s my job to look out for you.” Arabella reached out and placed her hand on Anne’s arm.

“What are you talking about Arry?”

“Don’t play dumb Anne.”

“No, really, I’m lost.” Anne pulled her arm slightly away from Arabella.

Arabella sighed angrily and glared at Anne. “I know.”

Anne laughed incredulously. “Know what Arry? Come on, I’m not a damn mind reader!”

“I know about him. I know who his real parents are.” Arabella said quietly.

“What?” Anne stepped back and stared at her friend. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

Arabella scoffed, “Oh come on Anne. You know exactly what I’m talking about. Don’t deny it.” She paused and watched as Anne shifted awkwardly. “Well, would you like me to enlighten you then? Even though you already know.” Arabella said archly as Anne’s gaze dropped. “Marcus is not the son of Thomas and Maria Lestrange. He is the only son of Lord Voldemort and Bellatrix Lestrange.”

Anne looked up at Arabella. “How did you know that?”

“Is that all you care about?”

“How did you know that?” Anne repeated.

“That isn’t important-”

How did you know that?” Anne rushed forward and grabbed Arabella’s arm. “Tell me!”

Arabella winced under Anne’s firm grasp. “I- I followed you two when you came to talk.”

Anne scowled and pushed Arabella away from her. “You followed us?”

“I wanted to know what you were always doing with him Anne!” Arabella started forwards as Anne stepped away again. “You’re always going off with him. You never spend any time with me or any of your other friends anymore. I was worried about you.”

“So you followed us?”

“I had good reason to so it seems.” Arabella stood up straight and looked Anne in the eye. “He is the son of murderers Anne! How can you bear to be around him? He should be locked away! I should tell the headmaster.”

Anne stood still and fixed Arabella with a gaze so intense that Arabella quickly looked away. “You don’t even know him.” She spoke quietly but with force. “Yet you’re accusing him because of who his parents are?” She paused and suddenly looked as if she were about to cry. “He was right. Nobody will care about who he is, they’ll only care about who his parents were.”

“Why shouldn’t they?” Arabella asked slowly, watching her friend cautiously as Anne rubbed her hands over her face.

“He didn’t even know them Arry! He was still a child when they died.” Anne looked up again, intensity burning deep within her eyes.

“I don’t care! People have the right to know who he is. What about everyone else who goes here? Don’t you think they should know that they’re going to school with the son of the two worst people of our kind to have ever lived?”

Anne stood rock still, her fists clenched at her sides. “He is Marcus Lestrange. That is all anybody ever needs to know. That is who he is, not who his damn parents were.”

“Anne no! You can’t be like this!” Arabella pleaded, moving forwards and taking Anne’s hands in hers. “Please, people should know.”

“You will not tell anybody!” Anne shouted and pulled away roughly. She turned to leave.

“If you go to him, I will tell.” Arabella threatened.

Anne turned slowly and stared at Arabella. “You wouldn’t dare.” Her voice was low and Arabella shivered at the barely concealed hatred in her tone. Anne watched Arabella for a few moments before walking quickly back to the castle.

Arabella sank to the ground and rested her face in her palms. “Merlin’s beard!” She muttered, “what am I going to do now?”
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been so long since I updated anything, I'm really sorry about that. I've been fairly busy with university and such things, but I've finished for the year and have a few months off, so hopefully updates should come fairly regularly during that time :)