‹ Prequel: We Can't Wake Up

All You Wish For and All You Need

What Are You Going To Do?

Anne hurried back into the castle. She glanced around, searching for Marcus. But it seemed he had gone back to the Slytherin common room. She paused and then stepped in the direction of the dungeons. She would wait outside the common room until Marcus came out.

Just as she was about to enter the dungeons, Richard and Arnold walked out. Arnold nodded slightly at her. Without thinking, Anne grabbed his arm. “Do you know where Marcus is?” she asked. “It’s important.”

Arnold raised his eyebrows and his eyes slid sideways to glance at Richard. “Yeah, he’s in the common room finishing some work.”

Anne waited for a moment. “Could you please get him for me?”

“Yeah, alright.” He walked slowly back in the direction he had come from.

Richard stood their awkwardly. He opened his mouth, closed it and then opened it again. Anne swallowed and chewed her lip. How was she going to tell Marcus? How would he react when he found out that Arabella knew his secret? He already knew that Arabella didn’t like him and Anne knew that there was a big chance that Arabella would actually go through with her threat to tell everyone.

We used to be so close, Anne thought as she leaned against the wall and tied her hair back in a braid. We used to keep each other’s secrets no matter what they were. Now all she wants to do is get me away from Marcus. Perhaps she is genuinely concerned for my safety, but she just doesn’t understand. She doesn’t know Marcus they way I know him. He isn’t what she thinks he is. He is just Marcus, he isn’t the son of Lord Voldemort and Bellatrix Lestrange.

Arnold came back slowly, Marcus walking behind him. Richard and Arnold continued on their way and Marcus stopped beside Anne.

“What is it?” He asked quietly, his hand softly brushed against Anne’s. He could feel the tension in her body and he frowned.

“We need to talk in private.” Anne whispered. She glanced behind her, Arabella had still not come inside.

Marcus nodded and took her hand. He led her into the dungeons to an empty classroom. “What is it?” he repeated and rested his hand against her cheek for a moment.

Anne looked up at him with frightened eyes. “Arabella knows.”

The two words sunk in one at a time. “Knows?”

“Yes, she followed us and overheard us talking about your parents. She knows who you are.” Anne bit her lip and waited.

Marcus sat down heavily and dropped his head into his hands. “She knows who I am.” He said blankly.

Anne knelt down infront of him and took his face in her hands.

“Did she say what she was going to do?” Marcus didn’t look at Anne as he spoke.

“She threatened to tell everyone.”

Marcus let out a deep sigh and glanced at Anne. Her heart thudded oddly as she saw the searing pain in his eyes. She wrapped her arms tightly around his neck. “I won’t let her Marcus, I promise.” She whispered in his ear.

“How are you going to stop her?” Marcus’ voice was void of any emotion.

Anne pulled away at the change of tone. His eyes were blank and dark. “I will Marcus, she won’t tell anyone I swear!”

“How?” He stood and pushed her away from him.

“I don’t know!” Anne pushed herself up and stepped towards him. “Marcus, I’ll find a way, I promise.” She reached out for his hand but Marcus brushed it away roughly. He stalked out of the room, the door slammed loudly behind him. “Marcus!” Anne called out and ran after him.

He was already at the castle doors when Anne emerged from the dungeons. Arabella had just reached the steps of the castle when Marcus grabbed her arm and pulled her along behind him.

“Marcus!” Anne called and followed them around the corner. There were no students, everyone was inside finishing work.

“Let go of me!” Arabella shouted as she struggled to pull away from Marcus.

“Marcus, stop it!” Anne grabbed his other arm.

“You know.” He spoke softly to Arabella.

She shrunk away from him, desperately trying to look anywhere else.

“Talk!” Marcus shook her.

“Yes, I know.” Arabella spat. “I know who you really are - the son of murderers!”

Marcus instantly let go of her and stepped back. Anne saw his fingers twitch for his wand. She grabbed his hands, her own fingers white with tension. “What are you going to do?” Marcus’ voice was only just audible.

“What do you think I’m going to do?” Arabella asked indignantly. “I’m going to tell everyone. They deserve to know! Wouldn’t you want to know if you were at school with the son of Lord Voldemort and Bellatrix Lestrange?”

“How many times do I have to tell you Arry?” Anne pleaded. “It doesn’t matter! That has nothing to do with who Marcus is. Why can’t you understand that?”

“I don’t understand why you can’t see what he is Anne.” Arabella stared at her friend. “What did you do to her?” She asked, turning to Marcus.

“He never did anything to me.” Anne protested, but she felt the lie as soon as it left her lips. Marcus had done things to her, awful things, but he had also saved her on more than one occasion.

Arabella sighed heavily, “Anne, what can I do to make you see?”

“You can’t tell.” Marcus spoke quietly. “You can’t tell anyone. Everyone will judge me because of it. They won’t see anything else. That will be the only thing that will matter to them.”

Anne bit her lip and wrapped her arms around Marcus’ waist, pulling him as close to her body as she could. She heard the tinge of pain in his voice and wanted desperately to comfort him.

“But it does matter.” Arabella protested.

“It doesn’t Arry. Please.

Arabella shook her head. “I don’t know what’s happened to you Anne. My best friend wouldn’t do something like this.” She turned and walked away.

Anne felt Marcus’ chest heave and she rested her hand on his cheek.

“What if she tells?” He whispered.

“I don’t know Marcus. But I’ll always be with you.” Anne said, staring after Arabella.
♠ ♠ ♠
Once again it has taken me forever to update, and I'm sorry for that :/
I don't know, I just haven't been feeling very inspired lately, but hopefully I'm getting over that :)