‹ Prequel: We Can't Wake Up

All You Wish For and All You Need

Forget About Her

Marcus glared after Anne’s retreating form. He exhaled sharply and walked deeper into the trees. Once he was far enough in to not be able to see the castle any longer he took the stone from his pocket.

“Marcus. Long time, no talk.” Bellatrix sneered.

“Go away Mother,” Marcus imitated her tone perfectly “I do not wish you here.”

Bellatrix shrieked in rage and disappeared. Voldemort smiled coldly at Marcus. “Do you want something Marcus?” he asked quietly, mockingly. “Do you need some help with your female friend?”

Marcus glared at Voldemort and shook his head.

“Forget about her Marcus. She will only hinder you on your path to victory. She does not understand the need for the demise of Harry Potter. She comes from a family who adores Harry and despises myself.”

“I can conceal myself better than you ever could Voldemort.” Marcus spoke coldly. “When you were at school people suspected what you were up to. No-one knows..”

“Except her!” Voldemort raised his voice to speak over Marcus. “She knows and one day it will become too much for her and she will tell someone else. Then where will you be? Everyone will suspect you of everything that happened last year. And they would be correct in their assumptions. You killed Maria and Percy. Worthless people though they were.” Voldemort sneered cruelly, “You would be a suspect in every murder merely because you are the son of Lord Voldemort. She will denounce you Marcus. Make no mistake of it. One day she will tell and then you will truly be alone.” He paused and then smiled maliciously, “Perhaps you would have to kill her yourself before she is able to tell anyone your secret.”

Marcus hissed in rage and kicked the stone. Voldemort disappeared at once. He walked over and grabbed the stone and thrust it deep into his pocket. He walked quickly through the trees seething with anger until he stopped and slumped down to the ground against a tree. His heart was racing in his chest as he thought of killing Anne.

The mere thought of it caused him to scrunch his hands into tight fists and he had to resist the powerful urge to scream. Marcus closed his eyes and a tear rolled steadily down his cheek. He stopped breathing as the shock of this hit him. He lifted his hand and caught the tear on a finger.

It was real, that was for sure. A single tear for Anne. For the thought of having to kill her. He shuddered and shook his head. That was one thing that he would not do. Could not do.

Marcus stood and walked back to the castle. As he entered the massive doors he could Anne and Arabella talking with each other as they walked up the stairs towards Gryffindor. Anne turned and saw him walk in. She frowned slightly and grabbed Arabella’s arm tightly. They hurried out of Marcus’ sight.

He clenched his fists and walked towards the Slytherin common room. “Heritage,” he snarled and the door slid sideways. Arnold and Richard watched him walk to the bedroom. They looked at each other and shrugged. They no longer bothered trying to figure out Marcus’ moods.

Marcus sat down on his bed and drew the curtains around him. He pulled his map from the draw beside him and opened it. He could see Anne and Arabella talking together in the Gryffindor common room. There was no-one else in there and they sat very close together. Marcus huffed angrily and folded the map roughly.

He wanted desperately to know what Anne and Arabella were talking about. Were they talking about him? Or were Anne’s thought’s elsewhere?