13 Days, 10 Hours, and 22 Minutes of Being Married to Alex Gaskarth

DAY ONE

Day 1::

12 HOURS

Oh my God, my head.

I am never drinking again. Never ever ever.

I burrowed my head back into the pillow surrounding my head. Wow, my pillows suddenly got insanely comfortable. As did my sheets. And the wall that I usually have my back pressed against...I cracked one eye open and peered around blearily. The usual grey walls and cramped quarters of my apartment room had suddenly expanded into a cream and maroon colored suite.

Ok, not my room.

Think, Taryn, think. What happened last night? I closed my eyes again and fought to find my memory of the previous evening. I remembered Ashley dragging me to a club for the after party for some concert that I had to miss (aka skip) due to a big exam coming up (aka because I didn't want to.) I remembered two shots starting out, Ashley dragging me to the dance floor, two more shots to make me remember how to dance, and then nothing until this morning. I sighed. Time to wake up and face reality. I sat up and stretched. Two things suddenly became very obvious.

1:That 'wall' was wrapped tightly around me and slumbering heavily.

2:I was very very naked.

I gasped and clutched the silk sheet to my breast, desperately trying to cover myself. I observed the being lying next to me, his arm still resting across my abdomen. Lean face, dirty dark tousled hair, cute enough, I guess. At least I have good taste in my drinking partners. I groaned and ruffled my dark and red tinted hair in frustration. I looked back over at the guy, who was still sleeping at-I glanced at the clock on the bed side table-12 pm. I pushed his shoulder lightly. His face contorted and he squeezed his eyes shut tighter while pulling me tighter to him, resisting conciousness. I rolled my eyes and shoved him roughly. He grumbled sleepily and opened his eyes.

"G'morning." He mumbled, gazing at me through slanted eyes.

"Morning." I replied.

"Soooo..." He trailed off.

"Taryn Evans." I stated.

"Alex Gaskarth. Why are you in my room?" He asked, closing his eyes again.

"Well, I'm naked." I replied nonchalantly.

"I'm flattered, but it's way too early. Give me an hour." I rolled my eyes and smacked him over the head with a pillow.

"Ow! What the hell, woman?" He snapped, rubbing his head and glaring at me.

"I woke up here, dumbass. I don't remember anything from last night, including you." I sneered. He raised an eyebrow and then closed his eyes. Again.

"Your loss, gorgeous." He mumbled. I smacked the asshole with the back of my hand.

"You obviously didn't make an impression, Gaskarth." I then pulled my self out of the bed, dragging the sheet along with me. Alex, also completely nude, curled up into a ball on his side of the bed.

"Fuckin' hell, Erin!" He shouted. I grinned at him.

"It's Taryn and time to wake up, Gaskarth. I'm going to take a shower." I replied, strolling over to the room that I assumed was the bathroom, picking up my clothes that littered the carpet on the way. I closed and locked the door behind me, yanked on my clothes, and stared at myself in the mirror. Yikes. My eyeliner was smudged beneath my eyes and my bicep length hair stuck out in every direction. I grimaced and ran my hands through my hair swiftly, attempting to tame the frizzy 'do. A sudden, high pitched male shriek startled me, causing my hand to slip and something to scratch my cheek.

"Fuck, sonovabi-" My breath caught in my throat as i saw the object that had scratched me glint on my left hand ring finger.

A diamond ring.

Oh.

My.

God.

I screamed and raced for the door, flinging it open to meet an equally terrified Alex Gaskarth on the other side.

"You-I-but-Holy Shit!" We both shrieked, reaching for eachothers hands, where extremely similar gold rings rested.

"We're-" I stuttered.

"-Fucking married." Alex finished, completely breathless in shock. I collapsed on the plush chair in the corner.

Ok. Let's recap. I don't remember anything from the night before, I have no idea where I am, and I'm married to someone I don't even know, but was apparently loaded by the looks of this suite. Fantastic. Nice job, Evans, how are you getting yourself out of this one? You're a fucking pre-law student, damn it, now think of something!

"Oh! Papers! We need papers! And-and- witnesses!" I exclaimed, leaping to my feet and fluttering my hands in my excitement. Alex looked around the floor quickly then lifted a sheet of crumpled parchemnt off the carpet and scanned it.

"I don't suppose something that says 'license of matrimony' would be the papers you're talking about?" He asked flatly. My smile dimmed slightly and my hands stopped fluttering.

"Fuck. Ok, fine. We still need witnesses." I stated.

"How the hell are we supposed to know if there were witness, Erin?"

"It's Taryn, damn it, and I don't know! Usually they just say they're there to witness." I grumbled. Alex's face suddenly brightened.

"Pictures! I take pictures of fucking everything!" He exclaimed and then dove for his phone, whipping it open anxiously and flipping through pictures.

"Shit." He murmered. He held up the enV to display the picture of a terribly cliche run down vegas chapel complete with 3 people in the front pew and us standing near what seemed to be a man dressed as a grizzly bear with sloppy grins on our faces.

"I would make sure that my drunken vegas marriage is fucking legal." I grumbled, sinking onto the floor and resting my head against the cream wall paper.

"Damn, we went all out. There's pictures of a cake, ew vanilla icing, our rings, and-oh that's interesting." Alex commented. I leaned over his shoulder to view the picture, which happened to be view of us that Alex took with his arm raised, obviously in this room since I recognized the sheet's odd purple tint, with Alex's tongue dipping into my navel. I snapped his phone shut with a scandalized gasp.

"You're such a pig," I hissed. Alex glared at me.

"You don't even know me!"

"You don't know me either and yet your tongue was all over my stomach!" I exclaimed.

"I bet your tongue has done some traveling on me."

"You don't know that!" He waved his phone at me tauntingly.

"Bet my phone does."

"Give me that!" I hissed, snatching the phone out of his grasp. I looked at his phone through slitted eyes as I scrolled through the pictures. His phone DID know. His phone knew a LOT. I groaned and let my head fall between my knees.

"What the hell are going to do? I mean, I was so wasted and yet I went through all the god damn legal steps! I had to choose fucking pre-law." I grumbled to myself in my misery.

"You're a law student?" I glared at him for interrupting my wallowing in self pity.

"Yes."

"Fuck, I married a lawyer. So not good for my image." I raised my eyes to look at him.

"Which is...?" He grinned, obviously childishly proud of himself.

"I'm a musician." He stated. I rolled my eyes and let my head hang again.

"Oh my mother will just love this."

"Hey! I'm damn good!" He huffed.

"I don't care, Gaskarth. I have bigger things to worry about at the moment, thank you." Alex calmed and sank down next to me, resting his arms on his knees.

"So what're we going to do now, Erin?"

"Taryn"

"Karen." I raised my head to glare at him and he looked back with wide-eyed innocence. I'm attracted to idiots when I'm drunk, apparently. Good to know.

"We're going to go get this stupid thing undone, that's what we're going to do." I stated matter-of-factly, standing up, grasping my phone off the floor, and walked out of the door not really caring if Alex followed or not.

*********

14 HOURS 18 MINUTES

"WHAT?!"

"I'm sorry Mrs. Gaskarth but-"

"It's Evans." I spat. Judge Anderson looked up at me with pity filled eyes. I had interned in his office the previous year and when I had walked in this morning, he was shocked to say the least.

"Right now it's Gaskarth, Taryn. And you know about the new law in Las Vegas that you have to be married for at least two weeks before a divorce can take place. If I remember correctly you were one of the interns that helped the instatement of the law. Something about preventing rash decisions?" I narrowed my eyes at Anderson. Damn Justice, throwing my words back at me. I let out an aggravated yell and then stomped out of the office. I heard the snap of footsteps chasing after me on the linoleum. My god damn husband was following me.

"So what now?" Alex puffed,hands shoved in his pockets and slightly winded. I'm a college student. I move.

"We wait two weeks and get it annulled." I spat.

I was going to get rid of my 'husband' if it killed me.

**************

19 HOURS 56 MINUTES

"What happened to rule number 7?" I hissed into my cell phone later that day to my former best friend and room mate, Ashley Watson. I say former, of course, because she broke rule number 7!

"Remind me, which rule is that again?" Ashley asked in a bored tone over the dull roar of the crowd surrounding her.

"Never let your room mate leave a party with out knowing that she is sober enough to make rational decisions! How can you forget that rule?! It's the most important!" I exclaimed, sitting on the mottled chair in the living room of our apartment. I had lost Alex in the city as quickly as I could and had scurried over to my room near campus. It was the suite on the strip, but it was home to a college 2nd year.

"I thought never eating the food in the south street diner was the most important." Ashley responded.

"Circumstance, Ash! Circumstances! Where the hell are you? I can barely hear you over the background noise."

"Coffee shop on west. Want anything? I'm probably heading back over in a minute anyway." I sighed. Ashley was completely worthless without a caffine packed coffee in her hand and I needed her at her best to help me with my (gag) marriage.

"Ugh, no. Slight hangover still. Caffine just makes it worse. Grab a couple frozen though so I don't have to go out tomorrow." A quiet beep came from the phone in my hand indicating another incoming call, "Ash, I've got someone on the otherline. See you in a few." I flipped over to the unknown number and uttered the usual greeting of "Hello?"

"That wasn't very nice." My blood suddenly boiled and I wanted to throw my phone out the window, which immediately told me that it was Alex Gaskarth on the other line. I groaned and rested my head in my hands. One night stands have a way of biting you in the ass.

"How did you get my number?"

"I had an Erin Gaskarth with a dumb little smiley face next to it so I guessed it was you." Figures he wouldn't get my name right.

"It's Taryn, and you can just delete it. I don't want to talk to you or see you again until the Wednesday when we go to get this fucked up problem resolved."

"See, about that. Not working too well for me."

"And why is that?"

"Why don't I just tell you in person?" He responded and a loud knock came from the front door.

"If you are behind my door I WILL bash your head in with a frying pan." I growled.

"Isn't that domestic abuse?"

"I'm a law student, I'll find a way around it." I retorted and flung the door open to reveal a tall, lanky male but one who was definietly not my damned spouse. His hair was cropped a little shorter and was darkened but with streaks of blonde in it. I raised an eyebrow at him.

"And you are...?"

"Hi-ya, I'm Jack! I was your maid of honor!" He exclaimed with a silly grin. I couldn't help the miniscule smile that crept to my lips, the boy's enthusiasm was infectious.

"Is that so?" I asked, hand on hip.

"Yuh-huh. I looked awesome in my dress." That drew a laugh from me, which resulted in Jack performing a small cursty, revealing the figure who had been hidden behind him. Alex caught my eye and gave me a small two fingered wave. The smile slid from my face.

"I figured you were around here somewhere." I grumbled.

"Hiding from the frying pans." Alex commented, a cocky smirk slidding on his lips. I rolled my eyes.

"What do you want?" I inquired flatly.

"Actually he wants something." And Alex ducked down a little to reveal ANOTHER guy behind him.

"Oh my God, you're multiplying." I breathed.

"Like bunnies!" Jack interjeced. I cracked a smile at him. Fun kid. I liked him. Why couldn't I have drunkenly married HIM? It would have been a fun two weeks then!

"Hi, I'm Matt Flyzik, the boys' manager." The third person said, extending his hand to me. I looked over at Alex as I shook his hand.

"You weren't kidding about being a musician, were you?" Alex smiled and shrugged.

"No, he wasn't, and that's why I'm here. All Time Low, the boys band, is getting big and Alex has an image to uphold and that does not include a wife at 20." Matt interjected, all joking demeanor aside and a business face in place. I stepped aside and allowed them to walk into my apartment. Alex immediately plopped onto the chair in the corner while Jack looked around aimlessly. Matt walked in and faced me.

"I completely agree. That's why we're getting this annulled as soon as possible. I don't see how this is a-"

"I'm worried you'll go to the press." Matt quickly interupted. I blinked and my jaw dropped.

"Wrong thing to say, Flyzik." Alex muttered, sipping his coffee.

"I'll go to the press?! Are you insane?!" I exclaimed. Matt looked down at Alex.

"How did you know that?" Matt asked incredulous.

"You should have seen her at the courthouse." Matt sighed in exasperation.

"Look, there's a huge amount of money if you did and you're a college student so-"

"Like HELL I'll EVER tell anyone about this! How do you expect me to make partner by 26 if it gets out I married a musician in a drunken cliche Vegas wedding?! I'm a Vegas native! We don't DO that!" I shouted, throwing my hands up in the air.

"You married a lawyer?!" Matt exclaimed to which Alex shrugged. Matt rubbed the sides of his temples in what I assumed was a soothing manner before turning back to me.

"Look, Erin-"

"It's TARYN, damn it!" The door suddenly opened and a big mess of blonde hair came rushing in.

"Hi, Tar. I got you coffee even though you said-"

"Coffee!" Jack squealed and took the cardboard sleeved cup from her hands. Ashley blinked and looked at Jack who was grinning widely as he sipped the beverage.

"Hello..." Ashley drawled, still eyeing Jack.

"Hey! I'm Jack. I was Taryn's maid of honor."

"Uh-huh..." Ashley gave me a look over Jack's shoulder. I sighed and began the sad sad story of the previous nights activities, which really were all her fault since she broke rule number 7.

"Ok. Rule number seven might be a little important. Duly noted. But at least he's a rockstar!" I glared at Ashley's flippant and nervous response to the current drama at hand.

"Ok. Taryn, you and Alex are married and I don't know you at all so I can't trust you. I want you with the band as much as possible. I'll leave it to you two to figure out what you're going to do. Come on, everybody! Out out!" Matt said, ushering Ashley and Jack, who was still eagerly drinking my coffee, out into the small hallway of my off campus apartment. I grabbed Jack by the hood and took my coffee out of his hands, before nudging him back to follow the others. I sat down across from Alex, tapping my foot awkwardly.

"Soooo..." I drawled.

"I don't like you." Alex stated, completely dead pan.

"Fantastic. We agree on something." I grumbled.

"You don't like you either?" Alex responded. I glared at him.

"It's pathetic that you have to twist words to make yourself feel better about something. So tell me, dearest, what are you compensating for?" I sneered.

"Oh I'm not compensating for anything, sweetie. You obviously don't have any complaints if that ring on your finger is any indication."

"Please, the alcohol made you seem attractive."

"You really like to argue, don't you?" Alex noted, setting his cup down.

"Law student." I replied, following suit. Alex sighed and ruffled his hair.

"Alright, look. I hate this just as much as you but we need to focus on the fact that we both fucked up and now need to deal with the consequences. And the consequence would be my band. So now we have two options. Either I completely cancel the last week and a half of tour in California we have or you come with us. We have an extra bunk and leave at 8 am tomorrow...so yeah." I stared at him completely dumbfounded.

"Obviously you're going to cancel your shows." I stated.

"Sorry, no can do." Alex replied.

"Then why was that even an option?!"

"I was hoping you'd have an actual human heart and would choose to tour of your own free will." Alex shrugged.

"Since when are your problems my problems?"

"When you said 'I do.' For the next two weeks, my problems ARE your problems." Alex said matter-of-factly.

"Yeah? Well what about MY problems?! What about school?!" I was getting flustered. As if the fact that I got married wasn't enough, now I had to completely uproot my life for a week and a half to go tour California?!

"Oh please. You're work study. You request a vacation and they don't care how long it is." Alex said, rolling his eyes. I narrowed my eyes at him, he was way too smart for a musician. There was no way out of this. God DAMN alcohol!

"I'm going on tour with you, aren't I?" I said quietly. Alex sighed, looked away, and nodded. I hung my head.

"I don't even know you." I whispered, refusing to make eye contact. Suddenly a warm hand grasped mine gently. I looked up to see Alex looking directly at me.

"I guess we'll get to know eachother, won't we?" He said reassuringly, a smile almost crept onto my lips until his thumb passed over the diamond on my finger. A new rush of disgust rushed through me and I quickly withdrew my hand from his. I stood up abruptly and grabbed my coffee and walked to the door.

"Yeah. We don't really have a choice." I muttered.
♠ ♠ ♠
THERE'S CHAPTER ONE!!

so it's going to updated kinda slowly since there are only 15 chapters, but yeah. There you go.

PLEASE comment on this one because I want to know what you guys think =)

Suscribe/Comment

<3 KickFlip