13 Days, 10 Hours, and 22 Minutes of Being Married to Alex Gaskarth

DAY SIX

"You know, if I was Australian, I would totally be a sumo wrestler." Jack commented lazily hanging upside down off the couch. I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Are you high?"

"No. Why do you ask?" He questioned, tilting back his head to looks at me.

"You know, Jack, I really don't know." I replied, shaking my head.

"I want coffee." I paused and looked at him.

"How're you even tired?! It's 10:30 pm and you're about to go on stage!" I exclaimed.

"I'm not tired."

"Then why do yo-"

"Don't even bother, taryn." Rian said, taking another swig from his beer beside him.

"All Time Low? We need you on deck." A stagehand said, poking his head in the door. The boys all jumped up.

"Heeeey, boys. Go kick some ass, 'k?" Jake Bunderick of Mayday Parade shouted as he passed the door.

"Please, it's time for the real deal." Rian laughed back, following the rest of the band out.

"Well, Greico. Looks like it's just you and me." I declared, flipping my legs up onto the arms of the chair.

"Awww man." Greico whined. My jaw dropped and I chucked my empty plastic cup at him.

"You little bitch!" I gasped. Greico laughed and lifted his arms to block the flying untensils.

"Wanna go watch the show? Gonna be fun. All the boys are a little drunk as it is." He asked, letting his head drop to the leather arm. I looked at the clock. They had about a 45 minute set. I shrugged.

"Sure, why not." Greico hopped up, looped an arm through mine and we walked over to the side of the stage. I bobbed my head to the beat, smiling at the feel good beat.

"Give up and let go
I'm just a boy with a dream
And you can take one look
As I fall in between"


Jack turned and caught my eye, winking at me as he spun in a true Pete Wentz style move.

"With my eyes just as wide as my mouth can be
Why don't you say so?
Why don't you say so?"


The crowd screamed in response, Greico and myself included, the entire room exploding with energy. I looked over at Matt, who was standing on my other side.

"Why don't you go down and join the crowd? Fight your way to the front." I looked at Matt, who had that silly twinkle in his eye that he always did, and then hustled out of the stage area, jumping down the stairs and weaving my way to the front while the boys played "This Is How We Do." I tapped the shoulder of a boy stading against the stage, gave him a flirtatious smile, which he readily returned. I pointed to the stage and he backed up, indicating me to pass. I waved and then shook off his hand from my shoulder. He frowned and then pushed away. Jack spotted me down in the front row and grinned and waved excitedly. I smiled and gave him a two finger wave. I could almost feel the glares of the teenies surrounding me, huge white thought bubbles above their heads reading "Who the fuck is this chick?!"

Jack glanced over to the wings, smiled and nodded, and then leaned over to Alex, jerking his head in my direction. Alex's eyes moved to me and smiled slightly. I smiled back, feeling my cheeks flush lightly.

Must be the two beers I had pre-show.

"Alright, bitches. Here's whats goin' on. We basically live on the fuckin' road and so came this song. So get fucked up, kids! This is Vegas!" Alex shouted into the mic, with his highliter yellow booty shorts reflecting in the spots. Everyone around me shrieked as the opening chords burst through the amps as well as Alex's voice.

"Tonight, we lie awake
Remember how the coffee made us shake on those long drives?
One more long night

Another seven days
Heartbeat racing
The interstate, my home tonight
For one more long night"


I was smiling and dancing around, keeping my eyes trained on the boys. I glanced at Alex.

"I'm sure as hell the happiest I've ever been"

He winked and me and I couldn't force away the huge smile that spread on my lips. The boys sprang into movement as the refrain hit.

"We can't hide, we let go
We've got more than we know
My friends are a different breed
My friends are

There's a ghost in this room
I think I'll name it after all of you
And watch it hang over my bed like decorations celebrated
Memories, they came and went in light of all the time we spent
Listening to everything our parents told us not to take in

Now make a change
I'm counting down
The mile marks to every town
And falling more in love
With the distance put between us

We can't hide, we let go
We've got more than we know
My friends are a different breed
My friends are everything
Make this last, take it slow
We've got it all figured out for now
So let us live our lives without a doubt

Tonight we lie awake
Remember how the coffee made us shake on those long drives?
One more long night
Another seven days
Heartbeat racing
The interstate, my home tonight
For one more long night

From coast to coast, I'll make the most
Of every second I've been giving with this crowd
Without a doubt, you're all I dream about
At night we lie awake
to the nights we felt alive
The nights we felt alive"


The boys feeling was electric and the entire room was jumping to the flying beat. I smiled at Jack and he threw a bottle of water into the crowd, spraying us all down with hte liquid. Thank God, because it was getting way too hot down there.

"I would've married you in Vegas
had you given me the chance to say I do
Couldn't make it anymore obvious, could you
Be anymore obvious?!"


I stopped and looked up at Alex, who was smiling at the crowd from the mic, his fingers fretting the hot pink guitar. His eyes looked down at me and the smile dimmed to a slight quirk of his lips.

"I would've married you in Vegas
had you given me the chance to say I do
Couldn't make it anymore obvious, could you
Be anymore obvious, could you?"

Alex's eyes had remained locked with mine through the last stanza. I smiled slowly and his grin slid back up his lips and he grabbed the mic with one hand.

"Now THAT'S what I'm fuckin' talking about!"

"I think I'm going to have sex with all of you tonight." Jack said.

"What about the ones that aren't legal?" Alex asked, looking at him with a grin. Jack paused thoughtfully.

"Ok, I'll have sex with the legal ones and then make up for the non legal ones with you." The crowd cheered and Alex laughed.

"Good, I was getting jealous." I laughed and rolled my eyes. And that would be my cue to leave.

*********
"TARYN!!" Jack shrieked in that crazy annoying godzilla voice he has.

"Hi Jaaack, Oh shit!" I shrieked as Zack lfted me into the air, bridal style, and spun me around, before placing me back down and running after Rian and Jack.

"You!" Alex cheered, wrapping an arm around my shoulder and pressing a kiss to my temple. I froze with my heart skipping a beat in shock. I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Are you drunk?" I asked, eyeing his oddly good natured mood. Alex looked at me.

"No, it's the stage!" He exclaimed, waving his arm at the now empty wooden theatre in front of us.

"The stage makes you act drunk..." I drawled skeptically. Alex sighed and threw his arms up in the air.

"It's like... C'mere." He wrapped his fingers arond my wrist and I stumbled after him onto the stage.He dragged me into the center of the stage in front of one of the mic's in front of it.

"What're you do-"

"Stand right there." Alex said and jumped off the stage and walking to the center of the room.

"Can I get sound on mic 1?" He shouted. A click and a buzz showed that the mic in front of me was active.

"Now sing." He stated. I gaped at him.

"What?!" I asked, my voice reverberating against the cement walls.

"Sing." Alex stated again, arms crossed.

"I can't sing!"

"Everyone can sing. Now pick a song and sing it." I stuttered out incomplete words.

"Alex-"

"Do it," I groaned and wrapped my hand around the microphone on the stand.

"How can I decide what's right?
When you're clouding up my mind.

Alex I-" I began quietly, sighing and returning to pleading.

"No," Alex said slowly, "keep going." I sighed and continued.

"Can't win your losing fight all the time
Not gonna ever own what's mine
When you're always taking sides
You wont take away my pride
"

I clenched and unclenched my fingers, closing my eyes and shifting from foot to foot.

"No, not this time.
Not this time."

I sang, slowly growing in volume and, oddly confidence. The room melted away around me until all that was left was that single mic and and me.

"How did we get here?
I used to know you so well
How did we get here?
Well, I think I know.
"

I paused, allowing my breath to steady. The walls slowly grew back to actuality and I sudeenly became aware of my surroundings. I opened my eyes and saw Alex staring at me, open mouthed, from the same position he had been previously, his arms hanging limply by his side.

"See?" I laughed nervously, "Told you I couldn't sing." Alex took some very quick steps foreward.

"Are you kidding me?! You sound just like Hayley only different and oh my god, what are you doing in law with a voice like that?!" He exclaimed, approaching the stage and gripping the wood.

"Oh please, you're over reacting." I laughed, feeling my face heat even further, matching the red scarf I had looped around my neck as I crouched down in front of him.

"No, I'm dead serious! You're fucking fantastic."

"What's fucking fantastic is we're going clubbing at midnight! Get your bags to the hotel and lets move it, losers!" Delicious said, passing us over to the opposite wing.

"Hotel?" I asked Alex, who was still standing in front of the stage.

"We're staying the night here and driving up tomorrow. Looks like the boys want to go out. Sounds good to me, I wanna go out," he looked up at me, "How 'bout you?" I scrunched my mouth up and quirked it to the side. We all remember what happened last time Alex and I went out. But really, whats the worse that could happen now?

"What time is it?" I asked.

"10 'til midnight." Alex stated, glancing at his phone. I smiled.

"Let's go get ready, then." I said, standing up and turning around.

"Hey, Taryn, I'm glad we're getting along today." I paused and turned and looked over my shoulder.

"Yeah, me too." I said and then walked out.

He said TARYN!
♠ ♠ ♠
So you guys rock hardcore. You got me 3 stars off of the last chapter. Damn.

I absolutely adore this next one. Be prepaaaared. I'm so excited I might post it tomorrow.

myspace,com/memoryistragedy

Comment/Subscribe

<3KickFlip