Comfortable Liar

Image
Banner By: Sam

I don’t understand any of it. How can life get so turned around? How can everything be perfect, in your own demented mind, and then everything get turned upside down? The worst part: why can’t you ever see it coming?

A year ago I was happy. Well, maybe happy wasn’t the right word. I was content with my life. The day was May 23, 1999. I had just been released from school for the summer, and I was turning seventeen in a month. I was happy. Then something happened. Then some more things happened which brought on that euphoric feeling. Then, ironically one year later, it was all smashed to bits again.

But, I’m getting ahead of myself. Let’s start with the basics, shall we?

My name is Erika Mason, daughter of Kirsten Mason and ex-husband. She had re-married by the time she gave birth to me and gave me his last name instead of my biological father’s. Said biological father still sends a check on my birthday and at Christmas.

As for looks, I’m just your average girl. Well, maybe not that average. The main attraction is my hair. It’s naturally bright red, and I wouldn’t dye it for anything in the world. It stops around my shoulder blades, and I think it’s the perfect length. My eyes are a bright blue, and they’re normally outlined with thick, black eyeliner. I’m paler than most of the people living in the state of Alabama, but it’s because I don’t go outside much during the day. And, being a natural red-head, it’s hard for me to tan. I’m not exactly skinny, but I’m not fat either. I have real curves, and I’m surprisingly athletic. My choice in clothes is a bit ranged, but there’s always something band related on me. There’s a wide range in that too.

That’s about it for me. I should tell you a bit about him, but that can wait.

I think back to our days now with a bittersweet memory. He was so cruel, and I was so blind. In the end, we were both just lying to ourselves. I’m not really sure now who I blame the most; me or him? Probably more him, but I blame myself as well.

I was such a gullible lover.

He was such a comfortable liar.

Disclaimer: I do NOT own Avenged Sevenfold in any way or form (unfortunately). I do, however, own the main character, Erika. There are going to be some far-fetched things in this story, so remember that it's not real in any way. This story is entirely fictional, which means the things the characters say or how I portray the characters is fake. It’s not real. Got it? Good.