Basketball

Chapter 1... The only Chapter

"I'm Open, I'm Open!" I yelled to Diana who was slowly coming down the smooth linolium court. The basketball was echoing inside the silent court.
The only sounds were sliding high tops, the pounding of rushing blood in my ears and the ball.
For a moment, all i saw was the ball coming at me as a bounce pass, slow motion. Then it got faster and before i knew it, I had the ball in my hands. I heard Coach Rick Screaming.
"PIVOT! PIVOT!"
I glued my right foot to the hard floor. I turned and angled myself at the basket. I felt the ball get released from my hands and saw it glid toward the basket.
Everyone stood silently, motionless, except me. I ran to the basket and grabbed the ball, guiding it toward the basket. I slammed it in the net and the crowd went wild as the buzzer cried out in the auditorium.
But as i started to come down, i didn't land right. I heard a sickening snap over the loud noise from the bleachers, then i felt a spasm of pain twist it's way through my leg.
I saw the shiny floor getting closer and closer to my face. Then i smacked my head against the cool floor and the last thing i saw were three pairs of high top basketball shoes running towards me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love this one-shot. I think it's my favorite. Basketball is my favorite sport and i had to write something about how exhilerating it is.