Sequel: Dear August

August

...

"Ryan you didn't do anything," I heard as I woke up in a hospital bed on my side. I listened for a moment more and then shut my eyes. I rolled over to face the doorway, "The extra testosterone all at once sent his body into a shock. "

"Wha- why would that matter anymo-" He stopped halfway through and I could just feel his eyes on me. I heard a nurse walk by and another doctor talking to her.

"Hello Ryan. H, I picked up the tests from the lab for you." The doctor said, Hancock sighed and I heard the file slide into his hand.

"I'd prefer Dr. Hancock from you and that wasn't necessary Beckett." Dr. Hancock said sternly, I had a feeling he was tired of the suck up doctor, who was younger then him, but still acted like he owned the place. My eyes almost shot open but then shut even tighter as I remember all the rage I had towards that rat-

"Why would that matter?" Ryan repeated. His words strung together and tumbled over each other.

"Brendon's still pregnant." Dr. Beckett said like he knew it all. Hancock shifted for a moment and I couldn't hear anything coming from Ryan's direction.

Keep eyes shut.

Stay still.

Steady breathing.

Everything we had.

Lost- again.

"Beckett, I think Mrs. Wescott is fully dilated by now." Hancock said coldly and I heard footsteps head away from the door, "Ryan…" his tone softened.

"Will you excuse me?" Ry said with his voice cracking slightly.

I felt a pain in my chest as the second set of footsteps left the area. Hancock stepped in and went to the foot of the bed.

"I know you're awake," I squeezed my fist under the blanket in frustration, "You haven't moved for the last hour." Rolling over onto my back my eyes fluttered open. Before I could even open my mouth he started talking and more then just medical things, "Look, Dr. Beckett is going to get a write up for what he did... I just want to make sure you're ok. Plus, we have some time to kill before your parents get here."

I stared blankly. Physically 'ok' or mentally? There was a moment of silence. The light outside the window was a murky grey-blue signaling it was almost sunrise.

"I've seen tons of teens come in. And I've seen tons of fathers like Ryan: Scared."

"Yeah, then it is normal. Why do you care?" I bent my knees and felt a cramp in my hip, of course I wasn't trying to sound rude. Deep down I kind of wanted to be though.

"Because- you're a good kid. You aren't like the other dumb punks who come in who didn't know what they were doing. You were one in billions. Nothing could have prepared you for this." He stopped and sat on the back of a chair, folding his hands.

"I tired talking to him, but he wouldn't listen. Then I thought I was getting the abortion, but you know… Ryan, I never told…that I didn't." I grabbed my knees and looked at the door sadly, "I thought he loved me."

"He was listening Brendon." H stroked his bread, "There just was never time to let him become curious." I felt a wave of cold hit my face. He was right. Ryan found out and I forced the matter… what a fool I am.

My mother and father came in. Without words they greeted me with a kiss on the head and massive hugs. Doc and my parents went out in the hall for a while to talk about what happened, although I wasn't sure if he told them all of the story.

I secretly wished to myself that I hadn't made that promise to H. My sides were itching and I knew why… they were telling me the steps to a fake method of dealing with stress. When my parents came back in they told me I'd be staying in the hospital over night so they could keep an eye on me, and that James and Roger, the adoptive parents, wanted to meet me in a few days. Great.

Hey baby can you bleed like me?
♠ ♠ ♠
So what do you think loves?

if you want to subscribe to the second one, now here's the link: Dear August