Sequel: Dear August

August

...

"You're joking man."

"Yeah 'cause I'd say something as stupid as that!"

Pete and I were sitting in his car while he debated whether or not what I was telling him was true. Earlier this morning after my appointment I called him and said we should hang out-- only I didn't tell him anything else. Pete raised his eyebrows, then ran a hand over his face.

"Serious?"

"Yes for the fourth fucking time!" I slouched even more in the seat, so far I couldn't see over the dashboard, "And yeah, it is for sure Ryan's."

"Ok, holy crap man, freak out!" We sat silently for a second, another perk about telling people this type of news, "God and I can't believe Will would pull a move like that."

I shook my head and got out of the car, stretching wildly because my back was killing me, then Pete lead the way into his house and down to his basement where his room was. Well, it wasn't really a room… more of the whole basement to himself. Yeah, I liked it down there. Pete had his girlfriend come over and paint the Batman logo on one wall in yellow and glow in the dark paint, then he added a platform bed in the middle of all of it. Anyways, we settled into a beanbag and lawn chair, in no time the PS2 was on and we were back to talking.

"You know, the doctor wants me to get an abortion." I said casually as I picked a new character. The response I was hoping to get was just as calm as my statement, but instead I got something totally different.

"What?" he lowered his controller and stared with his mouth open at me, "What are you going to do? And Ryan?"

Ryan really was the question.

Blood was starting to boil in my chest and my head ached. He didn't even call me and when he did finally tell me he found out was when I went over to his house. He made it clear- clear he didn't want anything to do with me.

"Who says I can't? And you would rather have me die then just get rid of it? Get rid of this thing that's making me a freak of nature?" Pete's a good person and that's why he was saying all of this but he had no clue…. "And Ry-" my throat was caught half way through. Pete had said in name one too many times today, even for me.

Pete froze and started apologizing right away. This went on for a few minutes until I decided it was enough and I had calmed myself down. He still looked pretty messed up for the next few rounds of our game, then I decided what we had to do. I got up and turned everything off.

"Come on, I want some fries."
♠ ♠ ♠
haha I love the ending line.