Status: Slowly becoming active. Thank you so much for all the comments when I wasn't writing. Helped me a ton. <3

I Never Told a Lie, and That Makes Me a Liar

Chapter Eleven.

I sighed, rubbing my face. “The truth is...I’m not...who...you think I am,” I stated, deciding that’s the way I should start things off. Jack raised his eyebrows, snorting.

“Why am I not surprised?” he scoffed. “So, what is your name? Svetlana or something?” I rolled my eyes because, seriously? This guy wasn’t going to keep his mouth shut. He wanted me to explain but then he would cut me off. Jack was so annoying.

“First of all, Svetlana is like...Icelandic, not Polish. Way to be ignorant and fail at being racist. Second of all, my name is Wendy,” I snapped. “What I meant was...I left Poland for a reason, and I owe Jayden and his father more than I let on.”

“AND?” Jack snapped. I glared at him.

“And...nothing. You wanted the truth and I gave it you what I can without you guys getting killed, alright?” I told him, rolling her eyes.

“Wendy, we’re big boys. We can handle our own,” Rian pointed out. I whipped around to face him, shaking my head. They just didn’t get it. They were going to get themselves and so many other innocent people killed. I wouldn’t put the mark on them.

“That’s just it, Rian. It’s not yours. It’s mine,” I replied. “And I can handle myself and I will not drag you guys into this. You’ve done nothing and I’m keeping it that way. You’ll get killed and you guys don’t deserve it. I should have just left after Jayden left that night when I got on the bus.” I shook my head, running my hand through the shock of white hair.

“Wendy...” Zack mumbled, “What kind of trouble did you get yourself into?” I shook my head, looking over at Zack.

“I didn’t get myself into anything. I was born into it,” I mumbled. I decided right then and there to tell them what I could, without telling them anything that would get them killed. I owed them something for all I’ve taken from them, and for all they’ve done for me.

“Born into what?” Zack asked, sliding off the counter and over to me. I shook my head, looking down at my feet. I couldn’t. Zack sighed, his arms tightening around me. Jack made a sort of displeased noise, shaking his head.

“Shut up, Jack. You’re not helping anyone here,” Zack said, glaring at him.

“Why should I be?” Jack growled. “She’s done nothing but steal shit from us and make up cryptic shit that I’m really thinking is all a sham.” I groaned, rolling my eyes.

“JESUS FUCKING CHRIST. DO YOU REALLY WANT TO KNOW?” I snapped, pushing myself away from Zack to focus all my attention on Jack.

“Yeah, actually, I do!” Jack shouted back. “Why don’t you tell another one of your little stories?” I rolled my eyes, scoffing. I rubbed my face, shaking for a moment from sheer anger. God, why did he have to be so infuriating? I rolled my eyes before tugging open the sweatshirt, tossing it at Alex and then tugged off my shirt. Jack made a noise, a pained expression on his face. I glanced at the other guys, watching each of them make strange faces. Zack stared at me for a moment before he reached out, his finger tracing two burns on my body.

Brands.

“Wendy...” Rian mumbled quietly. “Who...” he trailed off. I shook my head.

“Don’t,” I mumbled. “Just. Don’t.” I pulled my shirt back on, shaking my head again. My eyes began to water because I knew what this meant and I could not believe I had just done that. Now that they saw that, I’d be forced to tell them. Meaning they weren’t safe anymore.

“I’m sorry,” I mumbled, sniffling. I started rubbing my eyes as more tears began to spill out. “I’m so sorry, you guys.” I continued to try to rub my eyes. Out of nowhere, there was a pair of arms around me but it wasn’t Zack like I thought. Instead, Jack was the one giving me a hug, which was both odd and comforting at the same time.

“It’ll be okay,” he mumbled quietly. “I promise it’ll be okay, Wendy.” I just nodded, sobbing openly now. But Jack didn’t know. There was no way it was going to be okay. This was bad. Really bad.

And it was all my fault.