Status: Slowly becoming active. Thank you so much for all the comments when I wasn't writing. Helped me a ton. <3

I Never Told a Lie, and That Makes Me a Liar

Chapter Thirteen.

I had no idea where they took me after they took me from the motel. They blindfolded me and threw me into the trunk of a car. I waited until the car started up and started moving before I started feeling around for the emergency release hatch. If the car stopped, I could open it up and get the hell out.

Not surprisingly, I found where the handle was supposed to be but there was no handle. I had expected that Jayden would get rid of it. No risks this time, he wanted to make sure things got done right this time. He knew that this whole thing was his job and he'd better do it right this time.

All of a sudden, the car jerked to a stop. I rolled into the door thing, groaning. That really kind of hurt. I heard the door open and a rush of cool air surrounded me, causing my arms to form goosebumps. I bit my lip as I was pulled out of the trunk and dropped onto the ground. I groaned again, rolling over on my back.

"Get up," a voice I didn't recognize hissed. "Now." I pushed myself up slowly, blinding standing up and not knowing what was about to happen next. I was pushed forward and dragged in that direction with a large hand on my forearm. I could sense that it was a walkway and then we were inside. I could tell when we got inside as the sounds of our footsteps began bouncing back at us.

"In," the voice commanded, pushing me into a chair. It rocked back on its hind legs dangerously but I leaned forward in time to keep it steady. Once it was down on all fours, my arms was pulled behind me and the chair, getting tied together. I heard whispering coming from behind me for a couple long moments and then it stopped. There was no footsteps or anything.

Just. Silence.

Then, the blindfold was yanked from around my face, left to hang around my neck. I blinked a couple times to get used to the light, even though it was nearly pitch black, save for the moon light coming in through a high window. I looked around at my surroundings, biting my lip.

It was a warehouse, a place I had definitely never been before. Partly because we were on the other side of country now, but I never saw Jayden out of that motel room. Nevertheless, there he was now, in front of me.

I gulped, watching him carefully. For what seemed like an entirety, he just circled me, looking me up and down over and over again. I had a feeling he knew something new, by the way he was looking at me. He always gave me that power hungry look when he knew something new.

“I know you’re just payment,” he hissed. “But I’m sure you know more than you let on. You know where it is,” he went on. “I think you have what my dad wants.” I shook my head feverishly.

“I don’t,” I mumbled quietly, “He wouldn’t be that stupid, to send the answer to the people looking.” Jayden snorted, stepping closer to me. The circle was suddenly much smaller and I could smell stale tobacco.

“Or maybe he’s just that brilliant.” I licked my lips, shaking my head.

“In the abandoned mind that my brother hangs out in,” I mumbled quietly. “Deep within.” He snarled, slapping me hard across the face. The sound bounced sickly against the metal walls of the warehouse, and I realized that one of my teeth had sliced the inside of my mouth and blood was starting to come out.

“Liar,” he hissed. I shook my head.

“I’m not,” I mumbled. He growled, slapping me again, snapping my head to the side this time. My tooth dug into the slice and now it began to gush blood. I spit some out, looking up. Jayden was signaling someone.

“Maybe this’ll help,” he said harshly as two guys dragged in another guy with a hood over his head. Jayden nodded and all of a sudden the hood was off.

“Zack!” I exclaimed, blood flowing out of my mouth and spraying everywhere. Zack’s head jerked around before his eyes fell on me. His face was bloody and his afro was a mess, worse than usual.

“Wendy!” he shouted, shrugging against the two guys. “Let her go!” he shouted at Jayden. Jayden raised his eyebrows, looking from Zack to me.

“Oh, have I gotten between two lovers?” he asked in Polish, raising his eyebrows at me. He smirked, looking back at Zack. “Maybe we’ll just off him then, clear your head. And you can focus on the papers.” I shook my head quickly, sending blood everywhere. Jayden turned his back to me, towards the two guys and giving a small nod. I watched in horror as Zack was pushed his knees and a gun was pulled out.

“No, no!” I shouted, the blood pool in my mouth draining. “I’ll talk,” I mumbled in Polish. Jayden held his hand up and the gun was moved back from Zack’s head.

“They’re in the bank, in Warsaw,” I told him, spitting more blood out. “Let him go and I’ll tell you the code,” I added, still speaking in Polish. Jayden snorted.

“Dad will find it just fine,” he said. “But I will leave you with your loverboy. Neither of you have much longer left anyway.” I shuddered at the words, spitting more blood out of my mouth. He walked towards the door, nodding at the two guys holding Zack as he went. The let go of him, pushing him. He caught himself, his eyes locked on me as they all left. After the door slammed shut, he stood up, moving as fast as he could (I noticed then that he was limping slightly) towards me.

“Jesus, Wendy,” he sighed, bending down to press his fat lip to my forehead. “Don’t worry, we’ll get out of here.” He reached behind me, pulling at the rope. He got my arms free, and I moved away, spitting more blood out.

“What happened?” he asked suddenly, his hand heading for my face. He gently nudged my face to look at him, using the side of his knuckle to wipe at some of the blood.

“Gash in my mouth from when he slapped me,” I informed, trying not to drip blood on him. He sighed, looking around.

“Just keep spitting it out,” he told me. “I’ll work on finding a way out.” He stepped back, turning to take in the entire warehouse.

“We’re not,” I started, spitting more blood out, “Getting out of here.” I sighed heavily, pulling the blindfold off my neck. He shook his head.

“You got away from him once, right?” he asked. I nodded slowly, spitting more blood out.

“It was luck,” I pointed out. “I don’t-” I started but he cut me off.

“And now you have me,” Zack sighed. “We’ll get out of here, just try not choking on your blood right now, okay?” he asked. I nodded, spitting a lot more blood out. He just didn’t get it. There was no way out. I just continued to spit blood out, watching his efforts to try and find a way out. I didn’t have the heart to tell him it was hopeless. I had planned that escape for months. We probably had a day at best. It wasn’t going to work.

I was such a fucking idiot.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really really love you guys for reading this. <3 I love it even more if you guys commented. I'm sorry if it seems like I'm begging for comments, but I would adore some constructive criticism. <3