Status: Slowly becoming active. Thank you so much for all the comments when I wasn't writing. Helped me a ton. <3

I Never Told a Lie, and That Makes Me a Liar

Chapter Fourteen.

"We're not getting out of here," I told Zack again, spitting out blood flavored spit into the pool of blood that had grown since Jayden left, locking the only door in the entire warehouse behind him. Zack looked over at me, shaking his head.

"Negativity will get us nowhere," he sighed. He looked at the wall he was in front of once again before he turned to walk over to me, kneeling next to me. "How's your mouth?" he asked, his eyes flicking from the pool of blood back to me.

"Fine," I sighed. "Stopped bleeding. Just tastes like blood now," I informed. "I'll survive. For now, anyway." Zack shut his eyes for a second before looking over at the door.

"There has to be another way out of here," he mumbled, more to himself than to me. "There can't just be one door in this place." He ran his hand through his bushy hair, looking at me again.

"Zack, Jayden's not stupid. His family's pulled this shit for generations," I pointed out. "We're not getting out of here. He wouldn't let me escape. Not again." Zack looked at me, shaking his head.

"What should we do then?" he asked, raising his eyebrows at me. I sighed, closing my eyes for a minute.

What should we do? I didn't want Zack getting killed, nor did he deserve any of this. For me, it was different. It was the family way, but Zack. He shouldn't have been involved with this in the first place.

"Wait," I said finally, spitting more blood flavored spit out. I kept my eyes the pool of blood, just staring at it. "Wait for him to come back. Then, you get the fuck out of here. I can handle Jayden and his little cronies," I informed.

"No!" Zack exclaimed. "Wendy, no! I'm not leaving you with him again!" I looked over at Zack, who was staring at me with an 'are you insane' look on his face.

"But Zack," I sighed. He shook his head.

"No, Wendy," he growled. "I'm not leaving here without you. I don't care if you can handle it or whatever, I'd never be able to forgive myself." He sighed, standing up. He walked in a small circle around me, making sure to stay out of the blood, looking around again.

"How is this even possible?" he asked. "A warehouse with only one door?" I shrugged, standing up finally. My knees just weren't working anymore because the second I was on my feet, I was falling. Luckily, Zack was right there to catch me.

"You okay?" he asked, helping me to stand up straight but holding onto me. I nodded.

"Fine," I sighed. I took a couple seconds to regain my balance before I broke away from Zack to take a look around myself. I ran my hand along the wall, pushing every couple of feet, waiting for something to budge.

"What are you doing?" Zack asked from the chair.

"Finding our way out," I explained. Finally, I pushed and the wall gave way with a quiet click. "And I think I just did," I added. "Come here, help me push this." He jogged over, pushing the wall, his hands over my head. It didn't resist too much, squeaking loudly as it swung open.

"Whoa," I mumbled, looking at the huge dark area in front of us. I could just make out stairs going downward. "Try finding a flashlight or something," I told Zack.

"I saw a couple over there," he mumbled, heading over to a pile of wooden crates. "Here they are," he said, jogging back over to me. I took one of them from him, turning it on. The light flooded the small area, showing a staircase going down, just like I assumed.

"Let's go," Zack mumbled, nudging me through the doorway.

"Close the door behind us, I don't want him following us," I told him. I stood on the step while Zack closed the door, making sure it clicked into place.

"I knew there was another door," he said, turning on his flashlight too. "Come on," he said, holding his hand out to me as he passed me on the step. I took it, letting him lead the way down.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ugggggggghhhhhh, Writer's block. Sorry it's a filler, you guys. <3