Status: Slowly becoming active. Thank you so much for all the comments when I wasn't writing. Helped me a ton. <3

I Never Told a Lie, and That Makes Me a Liar

Chapter Two.

When I came to, there was something damp being pressed against random parts of my face. I heard whispers, and in the back of my head I noted that they were all male.

“Do you think we should take her to the hospital?” one of them asked.

“I don’t know, man. I mean, she’s not bleeding anymore, but she’s still out of it,” another voice replied.

“Well, how are we going to get her there? We don’t even know her name!” another voice pointed out.

“My name is Wendy,” I said, my voice hoarser than before. I cleared my throat, putting my hands over my face.

“What happened?” the third voice asked. My hands fell from my face and I let out a small heh.

“That’s a question I’d like to know the answer to myself,” I sighed. I let my crystal blue eyes open and gasped a little bit. Alex Gaskarth’s face was barely a foot away from mine.

“Jack, go get her something to drink,” Alex said, turning around to look up at Jack. He nodded and headed for somewhere else on the bus.

“I’m sorry about just randomly showing up on your bus,” I apologized, trying to sit up. Alex put one hand on my hip, the other on my shoulder and helped me sit up. He stood up from his kneeling position and sat down next to me on the couch.

“Don’t worry about it,” the third voice said, and my eyes darted to the source. It was Rian. “I would have done the same thing, for sure.” He nodded a couple times, leaning against the wall. Jack showed up again, holding a cup of hot chocolate.

“Thanks,” I said, smiling weakly as I took it from him. He nodded, sitting down on the other side of me. I took a sip, wincing a little because it was too hot, but I gave Jack a smile all the same.

“So, Wendy…what do you remember?” Alex asked. I sighed, running my hand through my hair, thinking.

“I remember…running. I ran for what has to be at least six miles,” I mumbled, closing my eyes to better see everything. My mind flashed to fighting off Jayden. “I remember Jayden. He wanted something, but I didn’t have it. He didn’t believe me,” I added, fingering my tattered shirt.

“That explains the shirt,” Rian said. I nodded a little, feeling embarrassed that my shirt looked the way it did. I probably looked like hell. I finished my drink, looking at my watch.

“I should probably go now,” I said, standing up. “I’m sorry I bothered you guys.” I put the cup on a counter and heading for the door, only to be picked up and brought over to the couch.

“Are you insane?” the person who was carrying me asked. “We aren’t letting you out alone.” The other guys agreed and I looked up at the fourth guy.

“Zack’s right,” Alex interjected, nodding. “It’d be insane to just leave you when there’s some nut job after you.” I sighed, shaking my head.

“You’re staying with us,” Zack told me. “We’ll take care of you.” I shook my head again; opening my mouth to protest, but the guys weren’t going to have any of it.

“No, you’re staying,” Jack said shortly. He stood up. “I’m going to go get one of my shirts for you,” he informed, walking off again. I smiled, too tired to really disagree.

“Thanks,” I managed to get out. Alex nodded, moving my head to rest on his shoulder, and I was asleep in a couple seconds.