Status: temporary hiatus.

Bam Margera's Responsibility

Hesitancy

“Get up, Clo.”
“C’mon. Get your ass out of bed!”

Faint voices filled my ears. Who could be waking me up at this hour? Someone was now ruthlessly shaking my shoulder. My eyes despairingly blinked a few times adjusting them to the light of the room. My icy blues at last fully opened to meet the infamous Ashley James, none other than my mother. She had a distinct firm stare towards me. She knew I was absolutely not a morning person. Sitting up, I squinted my eyes at her, “What are you thinking awakening me at this hour?”
“Clo, it’s almost 10 o’clock,” she says looking at me dumbly pointing at the alarm digital clock on my bedside.
“So?! What teenager in the right mind would wake up at 10?!” I pointed out exasperated, pulling the thick warm covers over my bed.
My mom placed her hands on her hips and sighed down at me. “Honey, don’t you want to meet your father?” she quietly asked the question.

My eyes intensely opened and I stared at the white cover entangled with my body. I did want to meet my father. After all, I was gracious for knowing I did have a father. But the problem was, I was indeed very nervous to meet him. I apprehensively imagined what his reaction will be. I never quite cared of people’s thoughts and assumptions, but he was my dad and his thoughts about me did matter. But I had to face the fact, whatever it might be, whether he likes me and accepts me or not. Feeling more determined, I sat up entirely and lifted all the covers from my body. I sat at the side of the bed and my feet felt around the floor trying to feel the familiar slippers. Once slipping them on, I looked up at my mother who was smiling down at me. “Yes, I do want to meet him.” I concluded. I wasn’t going to be shy and show my nervousness.
“Good,” she said softly, “now go shower and get ready.”
“But what about breakfast?” I put on my famous pouty face and batted my lashes to reveal my puppy dog eyes. Sadly, it never worked on my mother but I was strong-minded to try.
She just pursed her lips and said, “I’ll buy you a bagel on the way.”
Eyebrows furrowed, I inquired, “Are you serious?”
“Yes!” she grabbed a hold of my arm and dragged me to the bathroom.
“I’m going, I’m going.”
“I don’t want you out of there until you’re bathed. Then, get ready quickly,” she walked away to my door and finished, “because we’re leaving this household in approximately one hour!”
“Yeah, yeah.” I groaned and winced at the sound of the door closing loudly.

Wholly walking into the bathroom and closing the door behind me, I confiscated my pajamas and stepped into the tub. Adjusting the right temperature, I had a cool shower in order to wake me up a bit and I succeeded. I reached my arm out of the bath curtain to the glass closet near it. Pulling out a thick olive towel, I wrapped it around my skinny figure. I wasn’t too skinny or fat. Thanks to mommy dearest, I never gained weight much unless if I really overeat. I looked to the hamper expecting to find an outfit but unfortunately found none. Stepping out of the tub, I stood on the magenta and maroon rug close to the bathtub and dried myself off. Turning, I faced the mirror and spread toothpaste on the toothbrush. After brushing and gargling, I smiled a full toothed smile in the mirror to admire my straight white teeth.

I peeked my head out of the bathroom door. Sighing in relief that the curtains were closed, I fully walked into the cool room. Opening a drawer under the dresser in the walk-in closet, I pulled out a plain black bra and pink and green striped panties. Walking back to the bathroom and leaving the door ajar, I threw the towel in the laundry basket. Once I slipped on my undergarments, I applied my roll-on Secret deodorant. I walked back into my room barefoot and in my underwear. Opening my closet, I picked out my outfit for the day.

Now fully dressed in a patterned t-shirt, jeans and Hollister red flip flops, I straightened my black hair. Tying it back to a ponytail, my bangs fell over my eyes.

Opening my makeup case, I look at my clean pale face. Picking up the pencil liner, I apply eyeliner on the inside and smudge the outside just a bit under my eyes. I finished up with just a little mascara. Grimacing at my reflection and placed my small makeup case in the large purse. In there, it contained my wallet, small sample of the perfume I used, my charged cell phone, Big Red, hand gel and the case for my glasses. I opened the glasses case and amended the dark purple rimmed spectacles on the bridge of my nose. Glancing back at the inside of my purse, I noticed something missing.

Glimpsing at my bedside, it wasn’t there. Looking towards the desk where piles of school books lay, I found the precious item. I briskly walked towards my desk which was under two big shelves. The top consisted of some dictionaries, yearbooks, a few binders and other school possessions. The bottom had stacks of DVDs, collection of CDs and other stories. To the right of my desk was a smaller desk made especially for my laptop, which was on Standby and hooked to a printer and scanner. My digital camera was also hooked to the laptop. So I unplugged the charger for my ever so valuable IPod placed on my wider desk, and wrapped the earphones around the black iTouch.

Turning off the air conditioning in my room, I opened the window slightly and pulled the curtains away as the morning sun shone and brightly lit up the room. I stuck my head out of my room and found my mother’s bedroom door closed, probably still getting ready. To spare time, I thought I’d make my disorganized bed.

Properly regulating the red and maroon cushions on the black and grey layers, I stood and admired the suitably made bed. Hanging my purse back on my shoulder, I ran downstairs and tried to find something I could eat rapidly before we begin our fretful journey.

My eyes explored the refrigerator for anything appealing. Half the things in there were leftovers. Hence I simply grabbed a hold of the carton milk and poured some into a glass cup. Closing the fridge, I opened the cabinet and took out Lucky Charms cereal. Popping a handful of cereal into my orifice, I chewed the bits and drank milk and swallowed. Having a few more rounds, I stopped and returned the cereal to the cabinet and planted the glass in the sink. I wanted to a leave a bit more room for that bagel. My mom still didn’t leave her room, so I darted back up to my room. I re-brushed my teeth and washed my hands. Looking into the mirror, I scanned my body for anything inappropriate. Satisfied, I left my room once again and walked into my mother’s room to find her printing something off her laptop.

I sat on her already made bed and crossed my legs. She turned around in her rolling chair and faced me, looked me up and down. “Oh, great, you’re ready.” She smiled.
“Mhm,” I replied nodding.
“Good.” She raised from her seat, swiped the papers from the printer and placed them in a folder, then returned the folder back to her small leather briefcase. Glimpsing at her attire, I saw that she was wearing black denim, a cotton white blouse and black heels that reveal her French manicured toes and her nails were painted the same. While she was shutting down her laptop, I took notice of my fingers that were polished a dark violet and my toes the same. Looking back at her, she was hanging her briefcase on her shoulder and grinned at me.
“You look nice.” I commented.
“Not as nice as you, though.” She smirked.
“Of course not.” I joked.

My mom and I bit down on our bagels while my mom was listening to news on the radio and music flowed from my earphones, as I was listening to On Top of the World by Boys Like Girls. My thoughts drifted to my father. What would I say to him? What would he say? But I had to face him, and he had to know. He’s probably still asleep now beside Missy without having a care that he has a daughter he doesn’t know of. Pulling out the earphones, I looked over to my mother who was focusing on the road in her dark shades. I wanted to break the silence that hung in the confined air in the vehicle. And I did, I asked the question that has been plaguing my mind ever since the night she told me about it all. “Mom,” I paused and waited for her to glimpse at my direction.
“Yes, honey?” she lowered the perceptible radio to an inaudible volume.
“What if…” I paused again, trying my best not to stutter the words out. Taking a deep breath, I restarted my sentence, “What if Bam doesn’t like me?”

I saw her eyes bulged out in the light shades and she ceased the car to a halt at the side of the road. She turned off the running gas and slid the key out of the ignition. With her key firmly placed between her thumb and index finger, she shifted her sitting position towards me, folding her right heeled foot under her left thigh. She gave me a well known look of pure confusion with her neat eyebrows furrowed.
“What kind of question is that?” she asked incredibly distraught by my question.
I simply shrugged, not exactly replying to her rhetorical inquiry.
“No, explain it to me. Tell me what you’re thinking.” She pushed me to answer. I knew she’d wonder what I’d be thinking.
I exhaled and inhaled deeply, setting the Apple device back in the handbag.
Looking back at her clear brown eyes, I began spilling my thoughts and possible predictions.
“I mean, what makes you so sure he’ll believe me anyway? You know, if you’d be there with me, then he’d understand and consider believing it. But no. I’m gonna be there on my own in front of him claiming he’s my father. He’s not gonna believe my story, I mean who would? But if you’re there, then there will be a greater possibility he’d buy it. And mom, even if he does accept the fact that he’s my father, what makes you sure he’ll like me too?”

“I can’t believe what I’m hearing! He will believe you; tell him everything I’ve told you if he doesn’t. And I would come along with you, but I have work. Listen, like I said I will talk to him in the afternoon. So don’t worry. I know this is a big deal for you and him too!” she stopped for a moment and looked onto the empty road through the windshield, “Chloe, why would you even think he won’t like you? I can’t understand why you would think that. I mean, look at yourself!” She exclaimed turning her gaze towards me again, “What’s not to like? You’re very smart, creative, talented, open-minded, and you’re very mature for your age, you know that? And, also, you’re beautiful, darling.” She added softly and smiling, “You do look like him, honey. You have his eyes.” Her eyes welled up in tears.

“Don’t cry, Mom” I wanted to say. This was apparently killing her inside, and me nagging about it isn’t so much of a wise move. She’s been through so much and I wanted didn’t want to make her any worse. Leaning over, I engulfed her in a tight embrace and rubbed her back. She returned the embrace and stroked my hair repetitively.

As she pulled away, she slid back the key in the ignition and started up the car. Turning to me she said, “Everything will be alright.” she smiled warmly.
Everything will be alright. That’s what Lor said as well. That’s the same phrase I’ve been repeating to myself these past two days. Mother pulled out of the parking space and continued down the empty road. Things will be okay. Things will work out for the best. Chanting these reassuring sentences must have calmed me down, because a few minutes later I set the earphones back in my ears and closed my eyes as AFI seemed to clear my mind.

Ashley's POV

Gripping the steering wheel, I attempted to take my mind off of what was likely to happen. Instead, I hummed a familiar tune that I’ve heard quite a lot from Chloe’s room. I think the song was Close to Flame or Endless Dark, or something like that from a band named HIM. It seemed from internet source that Bam has the band’s logo all over his house; well it’s been described to be more of a castle

Chloe shouldn’t be having second thoughts and think any less of herself. I’m positive that Bam will adore her once he truly gets to know her. My God, how long has it been since I’ve seen him? I’ve missed him and his other friends. And I haven’t seen Jess in so long. The last I talked to him was on the phone while I was in college.

This is unbelievable, and I’d perhaps meet most of them today. I miss them all, and it really hurt when Bam and I broke our relationship. But it was the right choice to do at that time. What will he think of me today? Will he be able to trust me ever again when he knows I didn’t tell him he got me pregnant? That I’ve been hiding a child from him all these years? But now’s not the time to think of such things.

Of course, the news came as a big shock to Clo. Everything had gone really great for her on her first year of high school. She loved it much better than middle school. Once in a while, I would ponder how life would have changed for me and Chloe if I informed Bam. I knew for a fact that Chloe wouldn’t have been the girl she is now. And I am so proud of her; she really is the girl I always wanted to have. She turned out to be gorgeous just like her father, and just the perfect child. Of course, I never planned on receiving her at the age of 13. But eventually, she was raised properly. The way I wanted.
I spotted a public trash bin on the right sidewalk of the road. Slowing the car down, I gathered my and Clo’s bagel. Opening Clo’s window with a click of a button, I flung them into the outsized bin and revved the engine.

As we neared our destination, I was surprised I still remembered the instructions to Bam’s house. Surely, many things would have changed. Bam definitely grew wilder, by the looks of his show. Poor April, having to deal with him everyday, and I remembered he would sometimes thank her and be affectionate towards her, like he used to do. And Phil, he was the best dad I’ve ever met. In high school, I used to look up to them like they were my own parents, since I never had the best relationship with my parents in my adolescent years. My mom became softer towards me when I told her I was knocked up. She didn’t disown me or scold unrepentantly. On the other hand, she helped me through it all, since the same had happened to her before she had me.

“Oh my God." I heard to my right. We approached the large mansion and my mouth opened wider the closer we got to it. Wow. It looked much bigger in reality.

Chloe's POV

Oh shit, this house is gigantic. My index fingers began tapping against each other. I can’t believe we’re finally here. My fingers were pattering against each other uncontrollably; a habit of nervousness.

The grey Audi parked up behind a blue Lamborghini, and I recognized it in a heartbeat. I wasn’t a die hard fan of his show, but how can I not remember his blue Lambo? My mom switched off the vehicle and gazed at me with encouragement. “Are you ready?” she asked anxiously.

Suddenly, I could hear my heart thump from my insides. I raised my not-too-thin neatly plucked eyebrows to my mother.
She coked her head to the side, “Look, I know you’re nervous. You’ll get through this, trust me; it’ll all be over before you know it.” I know that she was trying to make me feel less tense.
“Am I going to have to go up there by myself?” I asked hesitant.
“Yes, honey, you have to. I gotta head to my office, it’s almost 11:30,” she replied glimpsing at her small watch shaped like a bracelet.
My full lips parted as I looked up at the house, with wide eyes, wondering if anyone would possibly be awake at this time of day. “No one’s probably up yet. And if anyone is awake now, they could be still nursing their hangovers.”
“If nobody opens the door for you, then you can call me and I’ll pick you up. Or if something terrible happens, then you can call me on my cell." She grinned.
“And what if they kick me out of the house or something?” I still didn’t think this would all be fine and dandy.
“They will do no such thing, but seeing as I haven’t been around these guys for so long, if that happens or if they call the police, then like I said, you should call me.”
Looking at her stupefied, I commented, “You know, you’re not exactly doing a brilliant job of calming me down."
“It’s not like I’m not trying." She sarcastically replied, rolling her eyes.

“Okay,” I quietly said to myself. I folded the earphones around my beloved iTouch and set it into my purse. I made sure I had everything, and once I was satisfied I opened the car door. Looking back at my mother, I smiled and kissed her cheek. I stepped outside and closed the door, waving at my mom as she waved back and made her way back to her office.

I stood alone in front of Castle Bam. From where I was standing, the house looked humongous. Making my way to the grand door with a large heartagram, I inhaled deeply and exhaled, somewhat preparing myself for what’s about to occur. Brace Yourself!
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for those who have commented!
I really appreciate it. <3

This chapter is pretty long, 6 pages on Word.
Bam will appear in the next update.
Please comment!
& I'm trying to find some appropriate pictures for my characters.
If any one has any pictures for Chloe, her mom, or Taylor that fit their description, let me know. :)

xx