Status: temporary hiatus.

Bam Margera's Responsibility

Desire

Shit.

Hurriedly, I stuffed another converse onto my foot, not daring to look at my watch. I already knew I was late and I would get scolded for it later. I barely heard the room door open and close, since I was too preoccupied, hopelessly staring into my closet, contemplating on a shirt. Someone walked in but my mind was too buzzed to twist my head to see. Though, the person began talking.

“Going anywhere?” I heard from behind me. I finally gave up and turned around only to come face to face with none other than Bam. Realization hit me that I was only in my bra and jeans. My jaw dropped at his impassive face. In a swift motion, I gasped and hid behind the door of the closet. I wasn’t used to him seeing me so nude.

“Sorry,” he apologized. “I didn’t mean to scare you.”

My head poked around the half door and peeked at him, where he shifted his eyes towards the floor. “It’s okay.” I assured and walked out, letting him fully see me.

“I should’ve knocked.” He said out loud, more to himself. I mentally shrugged.

“Hey, could you help me out with something?” I asked him.

He furrowed his eyebrows. “Yeah sure,” he nodded. “With what?”

“Uh, can you pick out a shirt for me to wear?” I said in a baby voice and showed him my ever popular pout with puppy eyes.

“God, you just can’t say no to that face,” he chuckled, standing from the bed.

I smirked and waited for him as he scanned my closet and pulled out some tops for further inspection. He turned to me and announced, “Wear this”.

I smiled. “Good choice, Mr. Margera.”

Cocking an eyebrow, he added, “Don’t ever call me or my dad Mr. Margera.”

“Okay, Margera” I grinned. He groaned and closed the closet as I rushed to the mirror and picked my coal black eyeliner and applied a thin layer beneath my eyes. I brushed on one coat of designer mascara that instantly made my eyelashes thicker and lengthier. I had studs on all the piercings of each ear, some black and some red. Then, I simply combed my fingers through my jet-black hair and squirted on some perfume. I rapidly applied chapstick and stuffed my cell into the front pocket of my jeans and my small wallet in my back pocket.

“So, you still haven’t told me where you’re going.” Bam stated.

“Oh, I’m meeting my friends at McDonalds.” I hastily replied, looking around the room checking if I had forgotten something.

“Did you call a cab or something?”

“No, Ryan’s taking me.” I explained. I sighed and sprinted to the edge of the bed where he sat. I lightly kissed his cheek and dashed out of the bedroom after yelling, “Later”.

I didn’t know he stilly sat there shocked by my action, catching a glimpse of my body running out of the room.

“Come on, Ryan!” I yelled as I passed the kitchen without stopping. I opened the grand door and strolled to Ryan’s car. I heard the door slam and he beeped the car open. We entered the automobile and he backed from the driveway.

There was some small talk in the car but mostly we listened to a radio station that only played classic metal. Once we saw the unmistakable red and yellow logo, I kissed Ryan’s unshaven cheek and thanked him, then exited the car and ran to the outdoor eating area.

I immediately caught the table where they all sat. I sat on the green metal bench near a smoking Jeph.

“Hey babe,” he said and kissed my upper cheek.

At this, Mac turned around and gave me an annoyed expression. “Thankfully, someone decided to grace us with her presence.”

“Um, Mac, I didn’t come here for you. I came for Jeph.” I smirked and leaned my head on his shoulder.

He sipped his coca cola and sneered. “Alright Mac, no need to get jealous, you should’ve known she’s always liked me best.”

Mac stuck his tongue into the inside of his cheek. “Well, well, well…”

“Shut up, Mac, and just finish your goddamn burger. We gotta go!” Taylor hissed.

“Go where?” I asked her as I comfortably sat beside Jeph and he had his arm around my waist.

“We’ll just go walk around and shit.” She clarified and pushed a box of nuggets in front of me. “Those are yours. I already ordered for you and Seth drank your coke, so you can have mine, I don’t want it anymore.” She also placed a half full carton cup beside the nuggets.

Not asking further questions, I ate the nuggets and finished the soft drink while Mac yapped on his cell phone and Taylor continued to chip her nails. Jeph, however, drew on his plain converse black checkers with a mysterious marker. And Seth chose to delight us with his appearance.

“Hey! Where’ve ya been?” I asked, biting down on the straw.

“In the bathroom…”

“Ohh! I gotta go to the bathroom too!!” I whined, jumping up from my seat.

“Yeah, me too.” Jeph agreed.

“Fine,” Taylor grumbled. “Seth, Mac, throw away our trays. We’ll be right back and stay here! Don’t go straying away, alright?”

“Yeah, yeah…” Seth mumbled, rolling his eyes and placing trays atop each other.

I sauntered into the bathroom and locked myself into a stall. I pulled down my jeans and did my business after placing tissue papers around the toilet seat. My cell phone vibrating in my front pocket and instantly, an AFI tune emitted from its small speakers. Flushing the toilet, I stared at the screen of the mobile. Surprisingly, it was Bam. My cell was situated between my ear and shoulder, as I tried to pull up my pants with both hands.

“Hello?” I asked, buttoning my denims. “Chloe, hey, when are you gonna be back?” he asked anxiously.

“First of all, how’d you get my number? And second, I have no idea. And third, why are you asking?” I opened the door of the stall and turned on the faucet and rinsed my hands, holding the phone with my shoulder.

“First, I have my connections.” He said smugly and I could picture him smirking on the other side. “Second, I need you home tonight because I have a surprise for you. Third, I have a fucking right to know where you are at all times.” He laughed.

“Did you say surprise?” I perked. “Is that all you heard? Yes, and you better be home before nine.” He replied. “Well, what time is it now?” I asked, eradicating any water from my hands with tissue paper.

“It’s almost five.” “Oh, okay then.” I promised. “Alright, what are you doing? It’s really quiet over there…” “I’m in the bathroom. Just finished washing my hands and about to leave…” “Leave to where?” he said quickly. “Um, I think we’re just gonna go walking around and stuff.” I proclaimed, swinging the door.

I found Jeph and Taylor waiting for me, both leaned against the wall, looking bored. “About time,” Taylor said loudly. “I guess you better go.” Bam said. “Yeah, guess so.” “Then, I’ll see you later, beautiful.” He said cheerfully and hung up before I said bye.

“Who was that?” Jeph asked, once I hung up and we left indoors and went in search for the other two idiots. “That was Bam.” I said.

“Yo Seth, Mac, come on! We’re leaving.” Taylor called out to them. They stopped what they were doing and joined our walk out of McDonalds. Cars passed us and we walked under a dim sun. Seth and Mac walked in front of us talking about different bands and comparing their music and history while I walked between Taylor and Jeph.

“So how are things going with your dad?” Taylor asked. “Things are good.” I said softly. “How long are you staying at Castle Bam?” Jeph posed. “For about five more days till my mom gets back…” “So you’re not going there anymore?” “No, I’m sure I’ll visit him a lot.” “Yeah, of course now that you got to know him, you’ll get a bit attached and I’m sure he’ll feel the same too.” Taylor added.

“Yeah” I agreed. “Guess what happened? Like a few minutes before I left the house to see you guys, I was like rushing around in our room. You know, getting dressed and shit and someone barges into the room and I was too preoccupied to notice so the person talks and I turn around to find Bam there. I was only in my jeans and bra. Dude, I got shocked and hid behind the closet, it was so funny… And he was so sweet on the phone when I was in the bathroom. He told me that he’s got a surprise for me and wants to show it tonight, and then he told me to be home not after nine.” I paused. “I wanna see my surprise so bad.” I giggled to myself.

“Well, good thing you’re having fun during your stay.” Jeph said, smiling. Taylor pulled out a pack of light Marlboros and offered one to Jeph which he gratefully took. “Lighter?” Jeph said. She tossed him the purple lighter. He lit the butt of the ciggy and inhaled coolly. Taylor lit hers and we walked in silence for a while. The only noise was the talk of random strangers on the streets and Mac’s and Seth’s argument, and the engines driving away.

I had told my friends that I was over smoking and it didn’t bother me anymore if they smoked in front of me. Although, every time I’m around them, my stomach aches at the odor of tobacco. I bite down on my lip and continue walking, trying not to show how tempted I’m becoming.

When I looked up from my moving converse, I found Mac and Seth positioned on the sidewalk with their backs rested against the rigid wall. Mac was panting. “Why’d you guys stop?” Taylor asked, sitting beside them. “Got tired,” Mac retorted. I sat in between Seth and Mac, when Jeph parked himself on Seth’s left. Immediately, Jeph and Seth engaged in a conversation about this girl in school that Seth found attractive.

Taylor proceeded in finishing her ciggy and I was mentally growing frustrated that I couldn’t help myself ask, “Taylor, can you bum one for me?” She contorted her eyebrows at my question, as Mac smiled to her. “I thought you quit.” She emphasized. “Fuck that!” I laughed, “I want one.” Mac chuckled loudly, “I knew you couldn’t do it.” “Do what?” I challenged as Lor dug into her purse, searching for the pack. “Quit,” he smirked. “But I did quit for two months. I bet you can’t do that,” I smirked back. He rolled his eyes and reached his hand towards the box Taylor held, pulling a stick for himself.

I placed the white stick between my lips and flamed the butt by a flicker of the lighter. I breathed in the poison into my lungs, my insides instantly taming and warm. Smiling, I blew away the smoke above into the sky. I missed it. I knew I’ve been craving a smoke in the past two months but I wanted to prove to myself that if needed, I could make myself cease. The desire increased and within 15 seconds, I was done with the cancer stick and I found myself reaching in the pack to get another. This time, I ignored the internal debate with myself and smoked.

Later, the boys were all determined to go to the mall, although Lor and I didn’t have the energy. So they went on without us, and we just walked aimlessly down the street, smoking like I’ve done it my entire life. So far I’ve had three cigarettes…

The time was nearing 7 pm. I was exhausted from walking, therefore Taylor and I slumped against the wall again on the sidewalk, glaring at every teenage preppy boy that eyed us. “You think it’s time to go back home?” I asked jadedly. She lolled her head to my direction and laughter spurted out of her mouth. “What?” I asked puzzled. “You look like shit.” She said. “How?” I asked, not really caring. “Your makeup smudged at the bottom of your eye and your hair is messed up, though it doesn’t look so bad.” She smiled and said in an impressed tone.

I ran my fingers over the top of my hair and brushed them back. “I better call Ryan.” I muttered, pulling out my cell phone. “Who?” Lor asked weakly. We were both honestly wiped out. “Ryan. Ryan Dunn,” I clarified. “Oh, he’s picking you up?” “I guess so, or should I call Bam?” “Who brought you?” she asked, returning her gaze to an almost deserted road facing her. “Ryan” “Then call him.” She solved. “Alright,” I mumbled. I went through my contacts list, searching for his name. Finally coming upon it, I dialed his number and pressed the receiver to my ear.

“Yeah?” he answered. “Ryan,” I said softly. “Chloe?” “Yeah, it’s me. Can you pick me up?” I asked hopefully. “Yeah, sure. Where are you?” he said lightly. I gave directions of my whereabouts and closed the line. I remained sagged against the wall, not moving a muscle. “Lor, do you have perfume?” I asked, hoping to rid the smell of tobacco. The last thing I wanted Bam to know was that I smoked. If my mom knew, that would’ve been worse.

“Yeah,” she stated. She lifted her arm holding the perfume I owned as well and the very same I used this afternoon back home. She sprayed the air on top and around us, so that we both smelt the same. The squished cigarette was tossed into the center of the avenue on the pavement.

I scooted on the floor and lay my head onto Taylor’s lap. “Have I ever told you, your lap is extremely comfy?” I posed out loud. “Yeah, always,” Taylor smiled, stroking my hair.

There we sat under the grey sky. The sun set perhaps a few minutes ago and now, we lay on a sidewalk on our own, in a one-way boulevard. Every now and then, a car would speed in a different direction. Thankfully, Lor and I were further away safely. My head was lazed on Lor’s lap and next to my head was her beaded brown purse with various pins on the front.
She wore dark blue jeans and a purple T-shirt with random blue marks, like a paint brush drew wiggly blue polka dots. Her short brown hair was tied up into a messy bun and she had thick eyeliner on with a bit of blue eye shadow above her pretty hazel eyes.

A few minutes later, a black escalade parked near the sidewalk. The window rolled down and Ryan’s face came into view. He smiled and gestured his head. “Hey Ryan” I said, standing up along with Lor. “Hey” he nodded. “You need a ride?” he asked Lor. “No thanks. I’ll just walk. Bye biatch.” She pursed her lips and blew a kiss. I hugged her tightly and inhaled the perfume we adorned. “Later, hoe.” She shouldered her purse and waved to me and Ryan, walking down the sidewalk towards her home. Closing the window, Ryan lightly ruffled my hair, switched on the radio, and sped off in the opposite direction to Castle Bam.
♠ ♠ ♠
I finally posted pictures of Chloe, the crew and her friends in the summary. Go check them out.

This chapter is supposed to reveal a past secret. *cough*smoking*cough*
Haha, please comment. 2 people unsubscribed and that made me really unhappy.
And I want COMMENTS.

xoxo