A Wish Gone Wrong

Amy - the Aftermath

Fgnb Amy – The aftermath

I’d never thought I’d see Dylan awake when I woke up that day.

It was one of those days when you woke up and couldn’t believe what was happening, and you’d think you were still sleeping - just like that first day on the island when I woke up and saw Dylan sleeping next to me. He was just standing there at the doorway to the living room, his mouth open wide with surprise, but his eyes were brimming with excitement.

For those last 3 days, I was so, so close to him, physically. I was sleeping in the same bed, living under the same room, I was literally living with Dylan.

A sleeping Dylan.

But then, that morning. That morning when I woke up to see Dylan’s gorgeous face. That morning when I thought it was going to be another unbearable day with a sleepy Dylan. That morning when I woke up, with the horrible thunder and lightning intruding my sleep. That very morning that Dylan’s eyes bore into mine. That morning… that morning…

I cried.

In an instant, Dylan was by my side.

“Amy… Honey…?” he murmured, “don’t cry. Don’t be sad. I’m here. I’m here.”

I howled my tears.

“Amy please,” he begged, hugging me to his chest, “I don’t know why you’re sad, it hurts me to see you cry. What’s wrong?”

“Nothing!” I wailed, clinging to the front of his shirt, “I’m too… you’re… I love you!

“Shh…” Dylan soothed, caressing my hair, hugging me even tighter, “I’m here, I’m here. I love you too.”

That feeling was overwhelming, I couldn’t stop my tears. I haven’t seen Dylan (well… awake) for 6 whole years, and here we were, on a (literally) private island, with him hugging me and holding me tight. We were truly alone, at a truly beautiful place, he was truly mine, and I was truly his.

Could it get any better?

As Dylan would have said, “hell yeah”, the day got even better.

It was like we were dating, for the whole day. We went around the coast of the beach, took us around 2 hours, but we had each other’s company so the time didn’t really matter. Picked seashells, went swimming… you get the picture.

I never actually remembered seeing the sun set on the island before. But there if was, right in front of me. Dylan’s arms around me, my cheek resting on his shoulder, watching the sunset.

It was like a huge ball of fire sinking into the depths of the ocean. Beautiful. The ocean was literally opening up for the sun to enter it.

And when the black night blanket draped above us, Dylan lit a bonfire right by the waterline as we sat down to have ‘dinner’. It felt like heaven. And it was.

That very night. That fateful night.

We made love.
♠ ♠ ♠
One more chapter~