A Wish Gone Wrong

Epilogue - Now and Forever

Footprints in the sand. That’s what came into sight as the sun rose from the horizon. What used to be black inky water was penetrated by orange rays of the newborn sun. Little sparkles of light danced on the gentle waves of the ocean, and a single dolphin burst out of the surface to greet the sun.

“A Dolphin!”

The excited cry of a toddler wavered through the warm ocean air as more light dawned on the powdery beach. Holding his hand was a woman no older than 35, her black hair shining under the summer sun. She knelt down at his voice and together, they watched the dolphin flip across the sun and splashing back into the water, spraying seawater across the surface. The toddler giggled.

“Harunio, Catch!”

A few meters away, the woman’s husband threw a rugby ball at his son of 15 years. He had his mother’s black hair, and the smile of his father, and the sportiness from both parents showed as he tossed the ball in the direction of his younger brother. The 10 year old missed and the ball bounced against his mother’s leg.

“Come on, Amy, toss it back!” the father yelled, running backwards along the sand. Amy grinned and knelt down to give it to her toddler son.

“Come on,” she whispered, handing him the rugby ball to him, “throw it as hard as you can. Throw it at Kyshico.”

“Yyyeaaaaaah!” toddler Marco hollered, lugging the ball at his middle brother, before bolting full speed at him, knocking the 10-year-old off his feet.

“Marco!!” 15 year old Harunio exclaimed, rushing to his brothers and picking up the toddler, letting Kyshico breath. Marco squealed happily and to wriggle out of his eldest brother’s grasp. Kyshico shuddered and edged away from his sporty brothers to examine a washed up squid.

“Dylan, honey?” Amy cooed, sneaking up behind her husband, just to be lifted off her feet and hugged by Dylan himself. Leaving their sons to themselves, they escaped to the back of the beach and secured one another in each other’s embrace.

“Aren’t you glad your mom made her wish?” Dylan whispered, running his hand through Amy’s hair, “Aren’t you glad that she wished you can be happy?”

“I’m just glad we’re together,” Amy mumbled, leaning on her husband’s chest, “and aren’t you glad your mom made her wish.”

“She wished that I could be with you forever,” Dylan grinned, “she must have known something.”

“We’re together now,” Amy mused, pressing her cheek to his cheek.

“With 3 handsome sons,” Dylan added, pulling her closer to him.

“Now and forever,” Amy replied, looking up at her husband.

“Now and Forever,” Dylan repeated, before bending down to kiss his wife passionately, as Harunio, Kyshico and Marco continued to frolic with each other in the warm sand.

The sun shone like never before

**

And about 6,000 miles away, another wish was made…
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, that's the end. Thanks to William (who played as Dylan. I love you forever and ever), Alex (for being there for me), and Marco (who played Marco, and was always there to help me along).

Thanks to all who have commented and pushed me onwards, you guys really helped me continue the story and gave me lots of inspiration.

I have planned a sequel, tell me if I should write it!