Status: Hiatus...for a while.

Sweetie, You Had Me.

Curiouser and curiouser!

I walked along the halls until I reached the Lobby. It was something grand.

I towed Ryan along with me to the receptionist's desk.

"Hi, I was told I had a package waiting for me down here." I wispered to the woman.

"Name, sweetie?" she asked taking a sip of her black coffee, dealing with hotel clients must be a difficult job.

"Melissa Tate." I said bouncing my feet, a nervous habit.

"Oh!" she laughed "Your package is in the breakfast hall." she smiled again and pointed across the Lobby. The breakfast room? My package needs food?

"Um, thanks." I said walking the way she pointed.

"Ryan, do you know what is going on?" I asked looking throught the windows of the medium sized room.

"Not really, it was Brendon's idea." he said looking down at he's feet.

"Oh no..." I stopped dead in my tracks "This has something to do with my birthday dosn't it."

He shrugged he's shoulders and smiled.

"Ryan! You of all people know I hate my birthday!" I fumed and stomped the rest of the way to this dumb birthday surprise.

When I opened the door the smell of burnt bagels hit me, which only meant one thing.

"Audrey?" I said looking through a cloud of smoke to find my best friend. "Damn toaster!" she yelled hitting it with a knife. "Oh, happy birthday." she giggled seeing me.

I hugged her and began to laugh when I saw the burnt bagel. I gave Ryan a dissaproving look.

"You guys left her alone?" I shook my head "Big mistake."

Ryan laughed hugging Audrey.

Audrey was my best friend im Florida. When I moved it was heartbreaking. She flew out to see me every time it was possible. The guys loved her and it was great being able to hang out with all of them for my birthday.

"I can't believe your here!" I said hugging her again. "Yea, Brendon called me." She smiled.

Just then I got a text. "Hope you like your present! - Brenny Bear"

I laughed and texted 'thanks' back when he walked in the door.

"Do I smell burnt bagels?" Brendon asked walking towards the breakfast bar. "Yea, Audrey had some technical difficulties." I laughed showing him the plate of charred bagel.

Ryan suddenly got perky and walked over to stand next to me. He bent down to wisper in my ear.

"Do you want to leave?" I looked up at him puzzled "I mean go get breakfast, silly." Ryan smiled.

"Oh, yea." I nodded "Let me go change." I said brushing off my stupidity.

We found the nearest Ihop and hurried inside.

"Gosh, it's freezing outside! I should've wore my jacket." I said sitting down in a booth.

"Do you want to wear mine?" Ryan said shrugging out of he's jacket and handing it over to me.

"Thanks." I said slipping over my light weight hoddie. "So, why did you bring me to Ihop instead of staying at the hotel?" I pondered playing with a straw wrapper left behind by the last costumers.

"I just wanted to hang out with you before everyone steals you away for your birthday." Ryan shrugged.

"Ryan, I'd like to hope I get to hang out with you on my 21st birthday." I said a little downcast.

He looked up, a smile playing on he's lips. "Okay, so we can do whatever I want today?" he said the sly smile forming. I nodded a bit worried.

"Then let's go!" he said pulling me out of the booth.
♠ ♠ ♠
=)
comments?