Don't Stop If I Fall

Chapter 12

Sonny's POV
I sat around, ancsiously [wow, I spelled that WAY wrong!] awaiting the arrival of Tiger and Matt.

I jumped when the door bell rang and spilled some apple juice on my shirt in the process but absently brushed at it and went to the door.

All I saw at first was a glimpse of hair and then I was knocked to the ground, apple juice and all.

"Tiger. Get off of me. I'm happy to see you, too, but your squishing me!!" I said, my vioce muffled in her sweater and then pushed her off.

She got up and sat next to me, Matt sat beside her.

I got up and walked over to my CD player and turned on the local radio station.

"So. What's new with you guys?" I asked, sparking a conversation.

We sat and talked for hours.
I told them about Gerard and how everything was going good here.
They told me about school back home and how everything was there.
We ordered pizza and watched a cheesy B-rated horror movie and just talked some more.

It was now dark out.
I was almost asleep on the couch when I felt suddenly strange.
And odd, prickling sensation was making its was up my back.

I turned around and looked for Tiger and Matt and didn't see them.
Not at first, at least.
Slowly I turned around to look at the other side of the room.
When I saw them, I screamed and dove to the far side of the room, as far away from them as possible.

I stood, my back against the wall, utterly terrified.

They were crouched on the stairs, their eyes gleaming with an unnatural spark, their lips, a deep, blood red.
Sharp, white fangs curved over their red,plump lips.
They looked at me with hunger.

I blinked the tears out of my eyes and as soon as I opened them again, Tiger and Matt were standing right next to me, one on each side.

"We...need you." Matt said, his voice sounding parched.

"We haven't fed in too long. Sonny, I'm so sorry. But we need this." Tiger said and traced one of her long fingers over my face, through my salty tears.
"I love you...." she finished softly before sinking her fangs into my neck.

Then I blacked out.