Don't Stop If I Fall

Chapter 1


10 years prior...
Gerard's 16th birthday.
Gerard's POV

"Mikey, stop poking me, dammit," I said, half-asleep after he poked me for about the ten-millionth time.
"What do you want?"

He giggled.
"I just wanted to say happy birthday to my big bro!"
He squeezed me tightly around the waist.
"Thanks, buddy." I said, and affectionitly ruffled his hair..
"Now go get your ten-year-old butt in the shower so I can get one in before I get to school!"

He nodded and scrambled out of the room.

I sighed and climbed out of bed.
I walked over to my mirror and studied my reflection intently.
Wow.
Sixteen.
I sure don't look any older.
Same shoulder-legnth black hair.
Same pale skin.
Nothing out of the ordinary. Nothing different.

Naw, dumbass. What'd you expect? To wake up a foot taller with a beard? Idiot."

I shook my head. Of course I wasn't gonna look different. It had only been one night, after all.

No-fucking-shit. my subconcious cut in.

"Shut up." I muttered and walked over to my dresser.
I pulled out my ugly, required uniform and a studded belt to put over it and my black chucks.

I jumped as something wet and hairy lodged itself between my arm and stomache.

"...Mikes, get off me when your all wet."
He pulled his head away and giggled for the second time this morning.
Dear God, what is wrong with this child?

"Gee, I'm dooone!" he screeched into my ear.
"You can go take your shower now.

I murmered and 'ok' and grabbed a towel and headed to the bathroom.
I stripped down and stepped into the shower, more than ready to feel the soothing heat of the water.
There was a loud whoosh as the water burst out and I immediatly jumped back, holding onto the banister.

Fuck, this water is freezing. Gee, thanks MIkes for using up all the hot water.
Cautiosly, I stepped back into the cold water, flinching as it painfully hit my skin like tiny bullets.
I started scrubbing, eager to be out.

45 minutes later

I covered the newest rip in my bag with duct tape, shrugged on my new leather jacket and stepped out of the door, welcoming the sweet, warm spring air to surround me.

"Gerard, honey!" my mom yelle from the kitchen window.
I grumbled under my breath and called back, "What, ma?"

She rushed out of the house, her golden-blond curls bouncing on her shoulders. She shoved a five in my hand.

"Here, sweetie. I don't want you missing luch again. I'm going to have to take you to a docter if you don't start eating again soon." She kissed me on the cheek and then gave me a gentle push towards the gate to let me know I could get going now.
"Have a happy birthday and a good day at school!" she called after me.

I smiled as I pocketed the money, having no intentions of buing lunch with it. Rather, I was saving up for a new drawing book and some charcoal pencils.
I loved draw, but never have the money for the good stuff. So I save every penny I get.