Just Keep Breathing

Chapter 18

Time didn’t seem to matter. I didn’t have any idea of how long we’d been outside, lips attached and hands roaming, but I didn’t seem to care either. For all I knew, time could be frozen and we could be the only two moving; hell, that would be amazing.

Currently, one of my hands was tangled in Oliver’s hair and the other under his arm and resting on his back, keeping him close to me. His left arm was resting against the grass for support. His right hand was at my waist, his fingers just barely under the fabric of my shirt and he was tracing circles on my skin.

His cool hand slipped a little further up my shirt, but not enough to make me uncomfortable, and it rested there, his fingers continuously making patterns against my skin.

We broke away for a moment, our eyes still closed, to catch our breath. Oli’s hand pulled out of my shirt and went up to my face, stroking my cheek lightly. I opened my eyes and met his, a small smile forming on my lips.

“Damn, you’re so fuckin’ gorgeous Elle.” Oli commented, making me blush. The way he said it was weird, it was both cutesy and lusty. While drunk, it sounded like a good mixture to me. “Your eyes an’ your lips an’ your body.”

Chances are being drunk made him say most of the things, and me being drunk made it sound a hundred times better, but who’s complaining? He leaned down again and kissed me lightly and pulled away, his lips hovering barely over mine. I could feel them as he talked, “You ‘ave no idea.”

Again, he sounded cocky and over confident when he spoke, but at the same time he made me feel like I was something special. Instead of being an awkward and shy girl who had panic attacks, he mad me feel gorgeous and fun. Him making me feel that way made him seem irresistible in my eyes.

Never before have I craved someone’s touch. Yet now, all I wanted was for him to kiss me again and hold me and be close to me. I wanted to feel his warmth through this cold night and keep laying there on the grass with him. This all made me forget any hurt I'd previously felt.

It was a shock that I was letting myself feel this way. I knew the alcohol was making me brave enough to have real emotions and I liked this new rush of feeling for someone. It was like being an addict and craving your drug, but instead of a toxic substance, I wanted a toxic person.

Oli’s lips crashed down onto mine again, breaking me out of my thoughts. I suddenly could only think of how amazing his kisses were and how warm and soft his lips were. My thoughts were pathetically mushy and cliché.

Noise from inside the house seemed to get louder for a moment and I was tempted to break away form the heavy make out to see what it was. I didn’t have time to comprehend that a door opening would cause the sound to travel out of the house before it was too late.

Foot steps took over the air as someone walked down the little path form the front door to the street at the same time that Oli pulled away from me and slowly turned his head. He leaned down to my ear and whispered, “I think it’s ya brother. Maybe if we stay still, he won’t notice us.”

That was a far fetched idea. I mean, we weren’t in the light or anything, but when he was done digging through his car, the only way back to the door was past us on the ground. I looked over and watched as he popped the trunk to his car and I waited for him to lean over inside before I stood up, slightly knocking over Oli on accident. Oli stood up too and we ran around to the side of the house and opened the fence, making our way into the back yard.

“Why does he always got to ruin everythin’?” Oli grumbled in annoyance. I shrugged and looked around my backyard. Due to the cold, it was pretty much vacant. Oli spoke again, “Ya’know, we could always continue out ‘ere.”

I shook my head and smiled, nudging him with my hip as we walked around my house looking for the back door. We walked inside the house which was full of people becoming increasingly drunk. Passing by the kitchen, Oli and I both grabbed cups of alcohol before I grabbed his hand and dragged him up the stairs with me.

I knew Oli and I weren’t going to do anything. I wouldn’t let anything happen, I wasn’t ready for that type of step in this odd relationship of ours, drunk or not. But that didn’t change my mind on me wanting Oli to stay the night.