Just Keep Breathing

Chapter 20

Studying all the guys had recently become a habit of mine. I liked watching them, the way the moved and responded to things. You could tell they weren’t from the U.S., oddly, by their posture and movements and of course their accents. Hearing them talk would never get old.

Like usual, my gaze always seemed to stay on Oliver the longest. I love his body language, there was something about the way he moved. Currently, his mouth was parted slightly as he watched the stupid reality show on the T.V. He had nice facial features, nothing awkward looking, and his hair was, sadly, better than mine.

I had given up on pool a long time ago, and slowly but surely, all the other guys stopped playing as well and joined me on the couch where I was only half watching some random dating show. My legs were crossed Indian style on the cushions and I was minding my own business, other than when I was looking at everyone, and playing with strands of my hair, finding the split ends.

“You’re odd.” Lee commented as he looked at me. He walked past me and sat on the opposite side of Oli and me. He crossed one leg over another and leaned back in a weird position. It didn’t look comfortable.

I had a strange urge to reply, telling him he was short, but I kept my mouth shut and just smiled over at him cheekily. I dropped the pieces of hair in my hand and let them fall down onto my shoulder as I leaned back into the couch and untangled my legs, letting them stretch out in front of me.

Oli gazed at me quickly, closing his slightly open mouth, before rubbing his nose cutely and looking back to the T.V. My eyes bounced around the room, looking for some type of clock or kitchen appliance to tell me the time. The sun had set a long time ago and I was starting to wonder if it had reached the “suspicious” time of night.

Honestly, lately, I didn’t care what my family thought if I came home late, or even not at all. My mom quizzed me last weekend about where I had been. For the first time in my life I ignored her and walked off, in a way feeling like my brother on all the nights he never came home.

I preferred it actually, after so many years without doing anything or staying anywhere, to go out and stay somewhere else was like a breath of fresh air. The only difference between me a month ago and me now, other than my new addiction to Oli, is that I had never thought this much. Usually, I didn’t give anything a second thought, and now everything was carefully processed in my mind.

I was snapped out of my many thoughts as Oli’s hand rested lightly on my thigh, rubbing a circle pattern into the fabric of my jeans. As I scooted closer to him, he leaned down and whispered in my ear, “Ya need to get home, or ya want to?”

Shaking my head “no” I leaned on his shoulder. His head was still near mine and again, he whispered in my hear, “What about comin’ to my ‘ouse, ya want to spend the night?”

After thinking for a moment I didn’t bother speaking. I simply nodded my head and continued to lean on him, watching as a bunch of skanky girls flaunted around on the T.V. for some celebrity. He nudged me off of him softly and stood up, stretching his hand out for me. I grabbed it and stood up.

“Ya two leavin’?” Lee and Matt asked at the same time. They looked at each other and started to repeat it, again glaring at one another. Finally, it was only Matt who spoke, “So ya ditchin’ us?”

Oli nodded and said goodbye to the guys, giving them those weird, high-five man hugs. I, on the other hand, gave each guy a proper hug before latching my hand on to Oli’s. We started to exit the house when, as usual, Curtis couldn’t keep his mouth shut. “Ya two be careful ‘n’ shit, or safe, or use protection, or ‘ow ever you say it.”

Oli merely lifted up his hand that wasn’t laced with mine and gave Curtis the finger as we walked out of the house, shutting the door loudly behind us.

&&

Back in Oli’s cluttered room, I watched him as he picked through his dresser and closet looking for something I could sleep in. Did I mention he was currently shirtless? Well if I didn’t, it’s a pretty great view.

He turned around and faced me, my eyes moving from his tattooed chest up to his face. He was smirking at me, I guess he had caught me starting. “Well I was goin’ to give ya this,” He said and held up a purple T-shirt and black plaid pajama pants before replying cockily, “But ya lookin’ at me like that make me think we’d be better off without pajamas, or clothes in general.”

Being flirty, and totally out of my element, I jokingly sat further back onto his bed, eyeing him cutely. “Oh yeah, really?” I asked, winking, before I burst out in a fit of giggles. Not even I could take my so called seducing seriously.

Oli smiled and nodded, taking the joke a little further. He set the clothes on the edge of the bed before moving in one swift motion, now hovering over me. His hand cupped my face and he leaned down, kissing me both gentle and rough; interesting mixture.

Deciding to attempt to be a tease, which I would probably fail at, I rolled my body over so I was now hovering over him, our hips pressed firmly together. Oli didn’t seem phased at all, almost instantly his hands were on my hips, holding me in place as I kissed him hard and ran my hands through his hair.

I pulled away for a moment before acting like him and kissing his neck lightly while running my hands down his bare, tattooed chest. He smiled at me and moved his head, catching my lips with his again. One of his hands played lightly with the hem of the shirt I was wearing and he slowly tugged at it, I knew he wanted it off.

I let him pull it slowly up and we broke apart as he tugged it over my head and off my body. Here is where I become a tease. I sat up, now only having my purple bra to cover my chest and he gawked at me. I straddled his waist, smiling down at him. Leaning sideways, I grabbed the old shirt he had laid on the bed and slipped it on. This was my time to smirk and whisper in his ear. “Thanks for helping me change.”

The look on his face was priceless as I got up off his body and grabbed the pajama pants and started to head for the door so I could get to the bathroom to finish changing. He was stunned only for a moment before he jumped up and grabbed me playfully at the waist and turned me around.

Pushing me up against the still closed door gingerly, he leaned in close to my ear and breathed against my skin before talking, “I’m sure I’d be much better at undressin’ ya than helping’ ya put clothes on.”

“Maybe,” I whispered as he kissed his way from my neck to my mouth. My hands instinctively wove their way around his neck and pulled him in closer. I pulled away so I could talk again, “But then again, maybe not.”

Still clutching the pajama shorts, I turned quickly and opened the door, practically running into the bathroom and changing quickly. When I peaked out of the door, now wearing his pants, I saw him leaning against his door frame with his arms crossed and a smirk on his face. I had a feeling this was going to be an interesting night.