Just Keep Breathing

Chapter 27

Right now, I should be downstairs at the party. With my parents gone for the weekend, I knew James’s event tonight would be one of the best he’s had yet. From what I heard, Oli’s band could possibly be playing.

But sadly, I was sitting on the floor of my bathroom wondering why my head was spinning and my hands were shaking. I was embarrassed to admit my current anxious state. I was sick of all of this, last thing I wanted was for this to keep interrupting my fun.

It was like all the attacks were conveniently placed before or after important events in my life. Giving up, I leaned my head against my tile wall, letting the coolness of the porcelain glass sooth my clammy skin.

Music began to play downstairs, but it wasn’t live. I exhaled in relief, really wanting to make it downstairs in time to see Oli’s band. They were quickly becoming one of my favorites, and not just because he was in it.

Light knocking appeared at my door. I could only faintly hear it through the extra layer of the bathroom door. Looking, I called out, “Come in.”

The door creaked open, and a moment later, the bathroom door opened. Oli stood there with an all knowing look on his face. Again, the pathetic feelings washed over me as he looked at me. At least I looked cute, I managed to get fully dressed - make-up and all - before the anxiety took over.

“Aww hon,” He cooed with a smirk on his face. He walked over to me and squatted down, looking me in the eyes. Reaching out, he touched my face cutely before grabbing my hand and standing me up. I sat on the edge of the bathtub and watched as he walked to my medicine cabinet. “Erm, which one is it?”

“The yellow bottle with the green label.” I replied. My eyes fallowed him intently as he inspected my different bottles of Midol and Tylenol before grabbing the right one. He looked at me as he opened it and I held up two fingers, signaling how many.

He handed the right amount to me along with a small Dixie cup with water. I gulped both down quickly as he sat on the edge of my tub with me. Oli slung his arm around my shoulder and pulled my close, kissing my forehead gingerly.

Five minutes passed before I started feeling better. Soon, I stood up, bringing Oli with me. He stopped me from walking out the bathroom door and turned me to face him, bringing my lips to his. Placing my hands lightly on his neck, I tugged him closer to me as our mouths opened.

Quickly, he picked me up and set me on my bathroom counter, resting his hands on my hips. In response, I wrapped my legs around his thin waist and scooted closer to him. It was like we were attempting to melt into each other.

I felt his hands move from my waist and down my thighs and back up, repeating the motion several times. Despite my small whine, he moved his lips away from mine and attached them to my throat, sucking my skin lightly. I tilted my head back, letting it rest against my mirror, and gave him full access to my exposed skin.

He pulled away, too far for my arms to pull him back, and he grinned at me. “I need to stop before I get carried away. An’ I got to be downstairs soon for the show, ya comin’?”

Exhaling, I nodded and hopped off the counter. Holding hands, we trudged down the stairs, letting go just before we got into the sight of other people. He grinned at me again before running off through the crowd, hopping on the small stage set up in the living room. This would be interesting.

&&

Barely having time to see the sweaty blur of black before it attacked me, I let out a high pitched squeak as Oli flung his arms around me. I ignored the looks from Tessa, which were moderately perverted, and tried to push Oli off of me.

“You’re sweaty and gross.” I mumbled shielding my face with my hands as his body engulfed mine. He grabbed my hands and moved them away from my face, replacing them with his lips. I was very surprised to have him kissing me with so many people around.

“Aye Oli, James alert.” Curtis warned nudging the two of us, who were not holding back with the kissing. He moaned angrily against my lips and pulled away. I giggled slightly as he rolled his eyes, the expression on his face funny.

Looking at me, he gave me that pout face. I looked around quickly, noticing James’s back to us, and I leaned up and reattached my lips to his pouted ones. I felt him smiled as he started to kiss back. Almost immediately Curtis nudged us again, “Oy, ya two, really. It won’t kill ya to separate for air now an’ then.”

Again, Oliver pouted when we were forced to separate. Not too long after James walked over with a smile on his face, having no idea what his friend and little sister were up to.

Oli was standing close to me though, enough to give me goose bumps every time his arm moved. As if in synch, the moment James looked away, Oli leaned over and kissed me, slipping his tongue into my mouth quickly. I barely had enough time to react before he pulled away again.

He was teasing me and I didn’t like it. Now it was my turn. Tessa, who quickly caught on to our little game, was stifling laughs against Curtis’s shoulder every time James turned around. Thankful for Lee and Matt K, they walked up behind James and distracted him. Oli had just enough time to see Lee wiggle his eyebrows at us before I practically lunged at him, kissing him fiercely.

We started getting into it, maybe a little to much due to Oli’s hand playing with the hem of my T-shirt, before the now familiar elbow of Curtis jabbed into my ribs. I laughed while trying to glare at Curtis. He shrugged and kissed Tessa, as if a smack in our face because they would kiss in front of James and we couldn’t.

“C’mon Elle, let’s go get us some booze.” Oli said cheerfully, smiling at James - who looked less than happy - and he dragged me away, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. As we walked towards the kitchen, he kissed my cheek several times. I melted into his touch.

Matt N was standing around in the kitchen, a half full bottle of Jack Daniel’s under his arm. In his other hand, he had a bottle of vodka and was mixing it into random drinks. He looked highly amused at his skills of pouring drinks. “Aye Oli, Aye Elle. Wha’ can I get ya?”

“Anythin’ really. Maybe somethin’ sweet for Elle. Give ‘er a frou-frou drink and me somethin’ strong. We’ll be happeh with that.” Oli said, leaning up against the counter near Matt. He nodded and pulled out random bottles from everywhere and started mixing things together.

In attempt to be seductive/cute, I walked up to Oli as he leaned on the counter and ran my hands up his chest before wrapping them around his neck. Next, I started to sway my hips into his, receiving looks of approval from him. He placed his hands at my waist and pulled me closer, grinding my hips into his.

“Okay, okay. I got ya drinks, now stop sexin’ in my kitchen.” Matt called, interrupting Oli and my intense staring contest and body movements.

I blushed and looked down, quickly grabbing my “frou-frou” drink and let Oli grab my hand. He leaned his head next to mine with a smile on his face, “To the all familiar outside, ya?”