Just Keep Breathing

Chapter 8

I walked back through the front door and crept into the kitchen, getting into the fridge. I should have known by now Oli might follow me. He came up behind me and touched my side, I hardly let myself react.

He leaned his face by my ear. He always seemed to do that. Maybe he thought the closer he was to talk, the more likely I would be to listen.

He didn’t speak for second, instead I had to stand there and act like I couldn’t feel his breath on my neck and ear. “What’re are you lookin’ for, hon?”

He spoke against my ear, I could basically feel his lips move with each word. I felt my skin start to prickle and goose bumps threatened to spread.

I reached out to grab a carton of juice which gave him perfect opportunity to maneuver his right arm around my waist. He pulled my body into his.

I tried to ignore all of this, but my body was reacting without my permission. I didn’t want my heart to skip or my skin to want to touch his a little more, but obviously my body did. I did manage to be able to move myself though.

I pulled the carton out of the fridge and shut the door, trying to walk out of Oli’s grasp to get a glass. He didn’t let me go that easy. As I tried to walk around the center island in the kitchen, he tightened his grip a bit, but not enough to hurt me.

“Oli,” I warned.

He let go and held his hands up like he hadn’t done anything wrong. I walked to a cupboard and grabbed a glass and started to fill it with the juice. It took a lot of control to not allow my hands to shake with nervousness. I new he was watching me.

“Ya’know, being bitter isn’t that attractive.” He commented, walking up behind me again.

He touched one of his fingers to the top of my back as he spoke, and trailed it down to my lower back. I bit the inside of my cheek, not wanting to give him the satisfaction of knowing that I didn’t mind his touch.

He traced my back again, going from my lower back to the side and back around my stomach. Now his arm was around my waist and my heart was beating more than it should be. He rested his head in the crook of my neck.

“I don’t really see what your problem is.” He whispered against the skin of my neck. My heart was racing just having him that close. “I didn’t mean to lumber you.”

“I don’t even know what lumber means,” I replied stupidly, hating his slang.

I felt him smile as he laughed a bit. “Basically mean botherin’ someone.”

“Well whatever.” I replied, not really knowing what to say. I was still trying to pretend like I didn’t like him wrapping his arm around me.

He lightly pressed his lips to my neck under my ear, and nibbled as he pulled away. I think I was about to melt into the floor.

“Well, hon,” He whispered right into my ear, his breath giving me chills. “Unless I get a fair reason why you’re mad at me, I’m not goin’ to back off.”

&&

Oli and I were still in the kitchen. We were currently having an odd staring contest. I had turned around after he kissed my neck, ready to get mad at him, but he ended up backing me up into the counter, hands on either side of me.

Oh, he made me so nervous. Even if I was mad at him, he had that weird charm about him. That Oli charm. It wasn’t your typical cute boy charm, it was totally different and I had no way to explain it, or its effects on me.

“So, you have any reasons?” He asked, a smirk lingering on his lips. He leaned in close to me, “Or can I just keep bortherin’ ya about it?”

“I have a few good-ish reasons.” I told him, not knowing if my reasons were actually reasonable, let alone good ones.

But I figure if I can at least spit out a few reasons, good or bad, I could get him to stop making me want to melt.

“Oh?” He asked and smiled.

I looked up at him. I set my glass down and chewed on the inside of my lip. “Well for starters, you’re a man whore. On top of that you get on my nerves and I just don’t like people.”

He leaned back on one of the counters and crossed his arms, eying me. “So the best you can come up with is that basically I’m annoyin’, you’re mad ‘cause a lot of girls fancy me, and you don’t like people?”

The way he said it back to me made me feel a bit childish. That made me dislike him a bit more. I started to walk out of the kitchen, and when he didn’t try to grab me, I rushed up to my room.

Stupid boys, stupid emotions, stupid Oli.

No matter how stupid, I felt something for him. I didn’t want to feel that something, whatever it would turn out to be, but I guess I’m just a cliché girl who falls for all the wrong boys.